Auto Cleaning Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
has anyone else noticed a difference in the frequency of the auto cleaning cycle in their ecigs?

it used to be rare for me to see a cleaning cycle in my older devices,but now with newer devices it seems to happen every few days...even though they are the same models from the same supplier.

im just wondering if manufacturers have reduced the number of puffs between cleans...to make it more efficient or improve performance or something....or maybe i just got a weirdly behaving batch last time.:confused:

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
Did you notice more on a specific model ecig (ie: penstyle, mini dse901, etc...) or just generally overall?

I haven't noticed anything as of late as far as extra cleaning cycles go :?: Speaking in reference to my penstyle.

oh yeah,sorry...its specifically the RN4072 im referring to...the penstyle like pillbox,smokester and Meltrex sells...

i just wondered if had changed as an industry standard.

its strange,because im not vaping any more than i used to before...when it only happened once in a blue moon.

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
has anyone else noticed a difference in the frequency of the auto cleaning cycle in their ecigs?

it used to be rare for me to see a cleaning cycle in my older devices,but now with newer devices it seems to happen every few days...even though they are the same models from the same supplier.

im just wondering if manufacturers have reduced the number of puffs between cleans...to make it more efficient or improve performance or something....or maybe i just got a weirdly behaving batch last time.:confused:
really whats the self cleansound like? or led flash light? so i know that ive had one bet i have allready lol

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
its a hissing sound,the led flashes frantically for about 20 seconds,and it tastes rotten after it for ages...sound familiar?

sounds very familiar! i have learned to hate those days. after its done, i drip frantically trying to get rid of the taste.

haven't noticed a changed in the frequency, but new generations of atomizers/penstyles are coming out daily. i think they were on generation 4 last time I checked.

hope this helps!

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
That's what I said in another thread Darcy!

I remember when you said that yours had self-cleaned and it was like a 'once-in-a-lifetime' event.

But mine seems to do it at least once a week and I can't think what else it could be doing besides self-cleaning.

Apparently once a week = once in a lifetime for some of these things. You're just lucky...

bishybob

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Arizona, USA
I've been using Meltrex's penstyle and I've noticed the cleaning cycle a couple times. I've been using two different atomizers recently and I've seen the cleaning cycle on both. Next time I see it I'm going to pull out the cartridge and let it do it's thing so it doesn't burn the cart.
I do the same thing... Get a burntish taste then I drip smoke until it goes away. That usually doesn't take more than an hour for the taste to leave completely.

I'm not sure if this is more frequent than normal as my other e-cig is the Ruyan E-Cigar and it has a manual cleaning button that you press yourself. I like that idea a lot better because man that bad taste can be annoying if it happens at a bad time.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I must have an older version as mine rarely autoclean- have only had it autoclean twice in over a month and half of esmoking- on one htat autocleaned, the burnt taste never left and the cartridges after just didn't help the taste any- but wow did it smoke good for awhile until it died on me- had tons of vapor after the cleaning, but again, the taste was quite bad

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
DAMN!! Now I am scared after hearing the buring in the pocket stories etc, I only heard about it after getting my ecig 2 days ago and reading the chinglish manual, any way to stop it!? can't I just drain my lil friend overnight and not have it do it!? If not, I notice my light flashing a long time, maybe I realise that my battery isn't dead hopefully and should I let it sit and wait for the flashing to be over? pull my cart out real quick and maybe battery!?!?! This is a very unpredictable event and possibly very uneasy event if that thing heats up alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread