Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxxette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Caribbean
Recently bought and "Alpha mod" the Ultra with RES to be more specific and fairly new to the vaping world but anyway i just want to heard owners opinions or what other have heard about the AVA because they are a bit pricy :) and seem to not be in stock regulary (out of stock at moment) im located in the caribbean and currently i have to use a forward company to get my supplys and it will be pretty convenient if these attys have a looooong life so i can ditch "regular" attys , im aware these are meant to be disposables so pretty much just want to heard what people have to say as in the innovapor sub-forum theres very little talk about life and have seem only 1 detailed review.

Ps. Sorry for my english :)

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Recently bought and "Alpha mod" the Ultra with RES to be more specific and fairly new to the vaping world but anyway i just want to heard owners opinions or what other have heard about the AVA because they are a bit pricy :) and seem to not be in stock regulary (out of stock at moment) im located in the caribbean and currently i have to use a forward company to get my supplys and it will be pretty convenient if these attys have a looooong life so i can ditch "regular" attys , im aware these are meant to be disposables so pretty much just want to heard what people have to say as in the innovapor sub-forum theres very little talk about life and have seem only 1 detailed review.

Ps. Sorry for my english :)

Hi & Welcome to ECF! I can't really tell much about the kit you purchased other than it does appear to be quite overpriced. Do you know if it uses a 510 threading? If so you shouldn't have any trouble getting parts - attys or cartos - that will work on it. On the other hand if it hasn't shipped yet and you are able to cancel the order you might want to do that. I believe you can get a more common, probably superior kit for a LOT less money from vendors you will find advertising here on ECF and recommended by members here.

If you can provide a little more information maybe we can suggest some better alternatives for you. However it works out, you've made a great choice to give up the cigarettes in favor of vaping, so congratulations! :toast:

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
I also can't tell you much about the Alpha Ultra, but according to Innovapor:

"The Alpha Electronic Cigarette is a top of the line, precision manufactured, American made electronic cigarette manufactured to 0.0005 of an inch tolerances out of billet (single piece) 6061 T6 Aluminum (the same aluminum that aircraft wings are made from). Strong and light, the Alpha is built for performance year after year. Electroless Nickel Plated to protect against corrosion, the Alpha carries a 10 year warranty (3 years for switch assembly). "

Sounds like a real good warranty.

When you get at least 5 posts, ask your question over here - Mods Discussion.

brian272465

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
florida
Don't worry about your purchase you will be very happy with your alpha they are very nice and dependable mods and have the best warranty out there and the ava seems to be a good atty so far I just got one in today so I can't say for sure yet they are very dif from any thing I have tried I think they have a 3 month warranty so you can't go wrong imo good luck and enjoy
Edit : I just checked the site the ava doesn't have a warranty just doa
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
The problem with the Alpha is that it is aluminum, I dont care if it is Aircraft 6061 T6, plain and simple the threads where the atomizer screws in will strip over time, period! Also the Alpha does not have a juice well and e-liquid will get into the switch, The AVAs? I own 3 of them, let me tell you the truth about the AVA. I was all caught up in the hype of a USA made atomizer that I actually belived that they were all that. My first LR AVA stoped producing vapor after 23 days.. I contacted Thermovape.com (Owned by APEX the ones who make the ALPHA and the AVA) and they sent me a replacement.. In the mean time I went back to the Genuine Joye LR 510s and they produced much more vapor. The Joye LR 510 is rated @ 1.5-1.7 omh whill the AVA LR is rated @ 1.8-2.0 omhs. the AVA canot produce as much vapor.. On the plus side of the AVA it does burn clean due to the ceramic incased coil and they leak less than the Joyes do. But really the Joyes especially @ $7 are far superior IMHO.. Try an AVA if you like but dont expect miricles..

Last edited:

brian272465

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
florida
The problem with the Alpha is that it is aluminum, I dont care if it is Aircraft 6061 T6, plain and simple the threads where the atomizer screws in will strip over time, period! Also the Alpha does not have a juice well and e-liquid will get into the switch, The AVAs? I own 3 of them, let me tell you the truth about the AVA. I was all caught up in the hype of a USA made atomizer that I actually belived that they were all that. My first LR AVA stoped producing vapor after 23 days.. I contacted Thermovape.com (Owned by APEX the ones who make the ALPHA and the AVA) and they sent me a replacement.. In the mean time I went back to the Genuine Joye LR 510s and they produced much more vapor. The Joye LR 510 is rated @ 1.5-1.7 omh whill the AVA LR is rated @ 1.8-2.0 omhs. the AVA canot produce as much vapor.. On the plus side of the AVA it does burn clean due to the ceramic incased coil and they leak less than the Joyes do. But really the Joyes especially @ $7 are far superior IMHO.. Try an AVA if you like but dont expect miricles..

Well its a good thing the alpha has such a good waranty then

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Thank you guys for such nice replys , to answear some questions no i cant cancel the order because its allready on its way but that being say i think its pretty common to make mistakes in the vaping world when starting lol i know ive done quite few so far but it was worth it

I had an UltraMax and was very pleased with it. The only reason I sold it was because I wanted to try something else but I miss it. You'll be glad you didn't cancel your order. As for overpriced, nope. It's right on par for a good quality PV. For atty's or carto's, anything 510 threaded will work. I used Boge LR cartomizers in mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread