AVA SR Issues (Spitting, Little Vapor, Crooked Threading)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmatica

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Orange, CA
Hey everyone,

I've had my AVA atty for a week now, and I've noticed that if I chain vape, and the atty gets hot, the vapor decreases and its nothing but spitting liquid and or throat hit even if I add drops of juice.

If I let it cool off for 5-10 minutes, its back to normal hitting nicely. Is this normal?

I like high-wattage vaping (5-5.5 V on my ProVari). And I'm using 50/50 ejuice.

Also, the resistance dropped from 3.1 ohms day 1 to 3.0 . A week later, it dropped to 2.6 and then went back up to 2.8.

I love this thing when it works, but I'm getting frustrated. Also, when I screw the atty onto my provari, the threads are very loose and the atty sits tilted. Sometimes I can get it straight if I pull and/or push while tightening, but that doesn't seem normal for a $50 device. For reference, my Boges sit straight on my ProVari.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sigmatica

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Orange, CA
Here's a picture of the crooked atomizer.

Attachments

• IMG_20120623_205331.jpg
    IMG_20120623_205331.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 67

Sigmatica

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Orange, CA
Haha, so true. I don't think it helped that I vaped in hot places, though.

I got a 510 to 510 adapter and drip shield, it works much better now.

Went to the shop where I got it from last weekend and my friend who runs it said "you should've got the LR version. If you burn this one out, I'll let you swap it out." I dry burned the atty for like 10 minutes, and it didn't die :). Plus, it actually tasted much better and produced much better vapor afterwards, who'da thunk it?

Aside from that, is that one of those bottom-button mods in your pic?

False_Idol

Verified Member
Jun 24, 2012
Southern California
Haha, so true. I don't think it helped that I vaped in hot places, though.

I got a 510 to 510 adapter and drip shield, it works much better now.

Went to the shop where I got it from last weekend and my friend who runs it said "you should've got the LR version. If you burn this one out, I'll let you swap it out." I dry burned the atty for like 10 minutes, and it didn't die :). Plus, it actually tasted much better and produced much better vapor afterwards, who'da thunk it?

Aside from that, is that one of those bottom-button mods in your pic?

Did you get it from Vape Revolution? When I picked up my AVA, Alex was telling me someone with a SR AVA came in and dry burned it with a VMAX hoping to pop it, to no avail. Was that guy you?? Haha

Sigmatica

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Orange, CA
Yeah, I got it from VapeRev :) But no, I wasn't trying to burn it out on a VMax. I was doing it on a ProVari, which may have been part of the issue, lol. Did you get the LR or SR version?

I ordered the VMax in Stainless Steel a few days ago, and I heard that it brings the AVA to life, so we'll see.

Did you get it from Vape Revolution? When I picked up my AVA, Alex was telling me someone with a SR AVA came in and dry burned it with a VMAX hoping to pop it, to no avail. Was that guy you?? Haha

SteveDTF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2012
Fullerton, CA
I too picked up a SR AVA atty from Vape Revolution and found it to be just an ok atty. Would I ever buy another one?, certainly not. Mine gets very hot too (@5-6v on a Provari) and performance drops until it cools down. I tried it with a drip shield to tighten up the draw but found it to insulate the heat even more. I tried all sorts of combinations with it and after a few months it sits in my boneyard of less-than-preferred atties. BUT, I was just there again today and picked up a LR EMP Empire Premium 901 atty and it is awesome. I highly recommend this atty, and best of all it's 1/5 the price of an AVA. I'm running it with a polished Empire drip shield and a Super-T wide mouth drip tip with some Tropic Monkey and it is insane!
VR-provari-tropicmonkey.jpg

Roxxette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Caribbean
Shame you guys having problems with the ava, im still using the first i got and havent even used the other ones and still performs great, i dont even know anymore how many mls if run in !

I must say i use it on my alpha at 3.7 (AW IMR) and works really nice, taking advantage of the RES and i use it only with VG liquids; for some reason and never had much luck using my alpha with PG liquid and i think the same apply to the ava.

TONTOLO

Feb 3, 2012
Italia
Shame you guys having problems with the ava, im still using the first i got and havent even used the other ones and still performs great, i dont even know anymore how many mls if run in !

I must say i use it on my alpha at 3.7 (AW IMR) and works really nice, taking advantage of the RES and i use it only with VG liquids; for some reason and never had much luck using my alpha with PG liquid and i think the same apply to the ava.
roxxette i and other members of my Italian forum, we are going to buy from the Thermovape the AVA atomizers.

For UltraMax i think is better AVA flat-bottom, is not it???

One last question, you recommend the purchase to use it on the box bottom feeder???or you do not recommend this use???

Thanks!!!

Roxxette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Caribbean
roxxette i and other members of my Italian forum, we are going to buy from the Thermovape the AVA atomizers.

For UltraMax i think is better AVA flat-bottom, is not it???

One last question, you recommend the purchase to use it on the box bottom feeder???or you do not recommend this use???

Thanks!!!

AVA on ultramax is better to use the one with the bottom sealed, for bottom feeder you have to buy the version that have the center post open. (bottom feed AVA).

I hope its clear my friend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread