• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Availability of e-cigs in Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi All,

My family is moving from Seattle to Vancouver in mid-July and I've read that some e-cigs are being seized by customs:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/bloog-electronic-cigarette/119097-canada-shipping.html

Until further notice, Bloog will not be shipping to Canada.We have been getting seized at the border very often.We will figure out the best way to ship to Canada and let you know when it is available again.I am sorry for this. This is out of our control.

This is terrible news as I feel e-cigarettes have been a life-saver for me. My first anniversary as an ex-smoker/happy vaper is coming up on March 6th. Will I have difficulty getting e-cig supplies? I started out with kr808d-1 batteries and cartomizers and have recently started using CigEasy's Go-Go and Go-carts.

As much as we are looking forward to the move ... it's very disappointing that it may be difficult to continue vaping.

After finally being able to quit smoking after 36 years of trying almost everything, I wrote a 3-part series for the Mike Malloy radio program that helped over 100 listeners make the switch to e-cigs. The articles and My Testimonial are here:

http://superbeans.com/quitting/index.htm

Any advice/resources you have about continuing my happy habit in Canada is deeply appreciated.

Regards,

Bob

sheep

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
I've made multiple orders from China that got through customs without issue. They even opened a box of e-liquid and let it go through. You may have to face the reality up here though, that US companies often do not want to deal with Canadians, and even when they do shipping can be prohibitive and slow. No problems with ordering from Chinese companies and the delivery can be just as fast.

Have ordered from various US and Canadian suppliers! Main difference: mailing time - a little quicker within
Canada. Have never had a package for the US opened by customs for inspection. From US east coast - 14 days, from California 10 days. I try to shop Canada - but often with sale discount codes in US - the prices do greatly vary.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
We also have several GREAT Canadian vendors who ship really quickly! You shouldn't have a problem maintaining your vaping. My only problem is that I need to STOP ordering for a while. :p

Well then ... problem solved. Like I said, I'm primarily a KR808 battery and cartomizer guy. My favorite flavors are all tobacco all the time. Any vendor recommends would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

AlbertaClipper

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Ponoka, Alberta
Well then ... problem solved. Like I said, I'm primarily a KR808 battery and cartomizer guy. My favorite flavors are all tobacco all the time. Any vendor recommends would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

As I sit here typing, I'm listening to your commentary as read on the Mike Malloy show (on your website). I've pretty much read that stuff before (thanks to ECF) but it's a GREAT intro for people who want to quit smoking and just want to know more about it. I'm bookmarking it and will forward it on...I am still somewhat in the "evangelical" stage right now, and want to spread the "word". :thumbs:

I don't have personal experience with "good tobacco e-juices" since I've been going with the fruity, and minty stuff. For me, once I ended up finally getting off of cigarettes, I no longer wanted anything to do with that flavour. Sorry....

My favorite Canadian juices so far come from JuicyClear and eVapers, but I haven't been ordering for too long yet.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am still somewhat in the "evangelical" stage right now, and want to spread the "word". :thumbs:.

Hi AlbertaClipper,

I've been in the "evangelical" stage for almost a year now. At least once during the day I’ll be vaping away and happily realize (for the umpteenth time) ... I don't smoke cigarettes anymore. I think it’s a freaking miracle (small “m”).

Out of all my smoker friends and family I’ve been unable to convince two people to make the switch. My younger sister who bought a crummy e-cig from a kiosk in a mall, and a friend who went back to analogs after 2 days of intermittent vaping. He said the taste wasn’t “tobacco-y” enough.

I still think there’s a chance for these two. I’ve read some pretty good things about Bloog planet’s Maxx Fusion and I think that might convince my sister to give it another try. I’m still on the search for the strongest tobacco flavor (I’m satisfied with RY4, Marlboro, Camel, and 555) for my friend.

As long as I can continue on vaping with my KR808 batts and cartos in Vancouver … I’ll be a happy guy.

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
Happy Vaper - Canadian source for accessories of the JOYE510, JOYE 302, JOYE 306A, DSE 601, DSE 701 Electronic Cigarette these guys carry your parts and are great to deal with. lots of mods and such. no nic juice though. but flavourings (I need to order some more flavours, running out of double chocolate)

I thought I wanted stuff to taste like cigs at first but now it's flavours. ry4, kahlua, chocolates, licorice. I got some usa mix in this last order tossed in. it is strong hitting, feels like smoking but I honestly don't really taste much from it, if that makes sense. I have been dripping it when I need a really strong hit of something... I mixed some blueberry and a drop of black cherry into some for todays taste buds.

Supertaper

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver, BC
We also have several GREAT Canadian vendors who ship really quickly! You shouldn't have a problem maintaining your vaping. My only problem is that I need to STOP ordering for a while. :p

That is pretty much exactly what I was going to say!

I have ordered from cdnvapor

NorthernVapor.com, Canada's choice for vapor & electronic cigarettes!

NicFitNation.com - Canadian supplier of e-cig kits, parts, accessories, and e-liquids - Buy Personal Vaporizers in Canada E-Cig E-Juice

Happy Vaper - Canada Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid, DIY Concentrated Flavorings!

Canadian made ejuice for electronic cigarette

I don't think any have taken more than a week or so to get to me. All have also had good service. We may not have as many different vendors as the US, but we have some really good ones.

Last edited:

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
Bob,

Have a chat with Primo (aka VST) at nicfitnation.com

He's a very good Canadian supplier out of Gibson, BC (1hr from Vancouver). I'm certain he can take of all your e-cig needs without the worry of customs holdups....I'm from Eastern Canada, and not a single time have any of my shipments been seized in the 16mths that I've been vaping, either coming from the US or China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread