AVE - What to try and which VG/PG ratio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidrino

Sep 21, 2013
Overseas
Hi,
I'm fairly new to vaping (I vape for a couple of days now), and I figured out soon enough that local juices are disgusting. I've vaped Dekang Vanilla and Mokka which I liked (although they taste nothing like Vanilla or Mokka), then I tried Coconut from a local guy and it tastes rather like freshly bathed German Shepherd furr or something like that (something between nothing at all, shampoo-y and outright disgusting).

I don't really want to stick with Dekang because their flavors are a bit one-dimensional and I want something that is packed with flavor, which usually means getting stuff from the US (Snyder's of Hanover Flavored Pretzel Pieces blew my mind for example). I decided to take my money to AVE, however I don't really grasp the PG/VG ratio thing. I'm pretty set on trying Boba's Bounty, Cotton Candy and as they seem to not have a real Vanilla flavor, the Vanilla Ice Cream. I'm vaping 6mg (I used to smoke ultra-light American Spirits).

The gear I have is one of those CE4 starter kits with an 650mAh eGo-T battery, however I have another mod battery and a Vapeonly BCC in the mail. Those 650mAh batteries are pathetic, if I pick it up fully charged in the morning, it's empty around 10AM.

Could someone walk me through the whole PG/VG thing? I'm also open to other "must-try" flavors from AVE.

Thanks

Last edited:

BigAl218

Sep 21, 2013
Breich
Hi

I'm fairly new to vaping myself but have watched sooo many you tube videos and also have some nice kit myself. Apparently the starter kits mute the taste of a lot of eliquids but to help with your vg/pg question, vg is vegetable glycol and is good for vapour production but again 'apparently' doesn't hold flavour very well. pg is propylene glycol and is good for throat hit and holds flavour well but some people have a bad reaction to it.

Personally the first time I tried vaping I used 80pg/20vg and after a couple of weeks I felt like I had been vaping hairspray, wasn't nice... Six months later I tried again but with a 50/50 eliquid and ive been vaping ever sinse

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Hi,
I'm fairly new to vaping (I vape for a couple of days now), and I figured out soon enough that local juices are disgusting. I've vaped Dekang Vanilla and Mokka which I liked (although they taste nothing like Vanilla or Mokka), then I tried Coconut from a local guy and it tastes rather like freshly bathed German Shepherd furr or something like that (something between nothing at all, shampoo-y and outright disgusting).

I don't really want to stick with Dekang because their flavors are a bit one-dimensional and I want something that is packed with flavor, which usually means getting stuff from the US (Snyder's of Hanover Flavored Pretzel Pieces blew my mind for example). I decided to take my money to AVE, however I don't really grasp the PG/VG ratio thing. I'm pretty set on trying Boba's Bounty, Cotton Candy and as they seem to not have a real Vanilla flavor, the Vanilla Ice Cream. I'm vaping 6mg (I used to smoke ultra-light American Spirits).

The gear I have is one of those CE4 starter kits with an 650mAh eGo-T battery, however I have another mod battery and a Vapeonly BCC in the mail. Those 650mAh batteries are pathetic, if I pick it up fully charged in the morning, it's empty around 10AM.

Could someone walk me through the whole PG/VG thing? I'm also open to other "must-try" flavors from AVE.

Thanks

Please make sure you are actually at:

Verify Your Age To Enter Alien Visions E-Juice Website

and not the crappy copycat site. The REAL Alien VISIONS e-liquid does not offer custom mixes.

Liquidrino

Sep 21, 2013
Overseas
OK, that explains why everybody said AVE is 100% VG and that other site lets you pick the mixture. However:
We do not ship internationally at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Does anyone have an US alternative for me which ships internationally and has great juices, or am I left with Dekang and other uncreative flavors for the rest of my vaping career?

MqT2012

Sep 18, 2013
United States
OK, that explains why everybody said AVE is 100% VG and that other site lets you pick the mixture. However:

Does anyone have an US alternative for me which ships internationally and has great juices, or am I left with Dekang and other uncreative flavors for the rest of my vaping career?

Try Vape Renu. Customizable juices and ships international (as far as I know). Link: Nu-Juice Liquid Refill

genevieve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Los Angeles

where "overseas" are you located? you could also get access to the classiifieds on here. people are always selling their unfinished boba's.

Liquidrino

Sep 21, 2013
Overseas
where "overseas" are you located? you could also get access to the classiifieds on here. people are always selling their unfinished boba's.

East of NY :D

I'd really like to try Boba's Bounty and/or the Gorilla Juice, however getting access to the classifieds takes ages and lots of people - for whatever reason - don't like to ship outside of the US.

Well, 18 posts to go. :)

Last edited:

Liquidrino

Sep 21, 2013
Overseas
Yes, like Europe.

Stock Update: We are currently experiencing long lead times with this range due to circumstances that are out of our control. We are working hard on fixing this issue but we do not yet have a date when this will be possible - Posted 19/03/2013.
Their stock is zero for all juices, in all strengths, so that didn't work out, either.

http://www.toscanamall.com/en/alien...isions-usa.html#/ml-30_ml/mg-6_mg_ultra_light
Here's another one, but they don't have any in stock, either.

Last edited:

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA

Here:
E-Liquid - E Liquid UK - E Cig Liquid

I would suggest Roar Vapor - but they have several. Some US vendors ship to them for international sale.

I tend to stick around 70/30 vg/pg blend...I would go higher but I've had some problems with higher vg juices not wicking through pre punched cartos that I tend to use a lot. I'd say the brand I use most is either Evo or NicQuid that I've always gotten from AltSmoke...luckily they just opened a store in my town so no more waiting for vape mail.

My guess is you live on the same group of islands as me he he. :)
I mix my own, always been 100% PG. Recently i got tired of being thirsty all the time and experimented with VG.
The basic differences for me were
More flavour and throat hit (and thirst) with PG, but less vapour (having lots of vapour is an important part for some)
As for flavours, judging from the forums, it really is a long (but enjoyable) process for each individual to track down the right one for them, but worth it. Took me a year , but no point saying which, as yours and everyones will be different. cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread