RDA Avocado spitting and muted flavour

Status
Not open for further replies.

antilopi

Mar 6, 2017
So I have this avocado I am trying to make work for 2 months now.. I've tried everything from less cotton, more cotton, different cotton, different wraps, space between wraps, no space between wraps.. but its still spitting and flavour is muted. After I wick it its great for about 15 min and then it start spitting again. Could somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0366.JPG
    IMG_0366.JPG
    576.8 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: Kprthevapr

antilopi

Mar 6, 2017
What device is it mounted on? What is the coil resistance and how much power are you putting through it? What type of wire? TC Mode, or wattage?

I've not had any spitting issues with the Avocado, but I run it mainly in single-coil mode.
The mod is Asmodus Minikin V2, Dual clapton coil, 2,5 mm, 8 wraps, 0,43Ω, 3,89V, vaping in between 28-32W. Thanks

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
So I have this avocado I am trying to make work for 2 months now.. I've tried everything from less cotton, more cotton, different cotton, different wraps, space between wraps, no space between wraps.. but its still spitting and flavour is muted. After I wick it its great for about 15 min and then it start spitting again. Could somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks.
muted flavor would mean more watts are needed or a bigger build. or you can close of some airflow

spitback is kinda normal on RDTAs a bit but shouldn't be much at all, spitback is due to flooding

overall though your build looks pretty good so i'm not sure why you are having these issues

EDIT: just seen your wattage, you aren't using enough watts. try raising it a little by little until you find your sweet spot

antilopi

Mar 6, 2017
muted flavor would mean more watts are needed or a bigger build. or you can close of some airflow

spitback is kinda normal on RDTAs a bit but shouldn't be much at all, spitback is due to flooding

overall though your build looks pretty good so i'm not sure why you are having these issues

EDIT: just seen your wattage, you aren't using enough watts. try raising it a little by little until you find your sweet spot

Thanks for the reply. I tried raising the watts but still the same.. I tried from 28 till 55 and still no change. Its getting even worse with high watts. So weird isn't it? What about the flooding you mentioned? How this can get fixed? I can't understand if needs more cotton or less cotton.. either way gives a lot of spitback. What about the coils.. how they suppose to be? Mine get hot(red) in about 4-5 seconds after I press the button.. does that seem normal or should they light more slow? Also could you please explain me about the wraps.. how many wraps should I do? And what diametar coil is best for clapton wire? Thank you!

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I tried raising the watts but still the same.. I tried from 28 till 55 and still no change. Its getting even worse with high watts. So weird isn't it? What about the flooding you mentioned? How this can get fixed? I can't understand if needs more cotton or less cotton.. either way gives a lot of spitback. What about the coils.. how they suppose to be? Mine get hot(red) in about 4-5 seconds after I press the button.. does that seem normal or should they light more slow? Also could you please explain me about the wraps.. how many wraps should I do? And what diametar coil is best for clapton wire? Thank you!
Are u dripping on it? It's gonna spit back until it clears off the excess juice or you can just take a paper towel and wipe down the coils

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

antilopi

Mar 6, 2017
Are u dripping on it? It's gonna spit back until it clears off the excess juice or you can just take a paper towel and wipe down the coils

Yes I do drip on it sometimes and you are right, it makes things worse but even if I don't drip its really bad.. you know at first when I wick the coil with fresh cotton the first 5-6 puffs are awesome.. no spitback, smooth puff.. but after it just start to go crazy..

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Yes I do drip on it sometimes and you are right, it makes things worse but even if I don't drip its really bad.. you know at first when I wick the coil with fresh cotton the first 5-6 puffs are awesome.. no spitback, smooth puff.. but after it just start to go crazy..
Something does sound right. Anyway u can take some pics of the build and wicking?

antilopi

Mar 6, 2017
Could you please provide more info about claptons? What is inner and outer diameter of a wires in your clapton coil?
There are some wrong claptons with very thick outer wire, like 0.2mm (32 AWG) around 0.32mm (28 AWG).
The inner wire can't heat outer wire properly and you got spit.

Hi, thanks for the answer. This makes so much sense to be the problem cause yesterday I decided to go and get some Kanthal just to try and guess what.. I can finally vape.. and its perfect. So I guess or the clapton was faulty or I just can't coil it properly..:rolleyes: Please find attached picture of the clapton I am using.

Attachments

• IMG_0477.JPG
    IMG_0477.JPG
    611 KB · Views: 47

antilopi

Mar 6, 2017
Something does sound right. Anyway u can take some pics of the build and wicking?

Hi, thanks for your answer. Here is a picture of it using clapton wire. Still can't figure out what was wrong with it but the good news is that yesterday I went to get some Kanthal and surprisingly works great with it.. I can finally vape after two months of struggling, 45 ft of wasted clapton and tons of wasted cotton :D

Attachments

• IMG_0366.JPG
    IMG_0366.JPG
    576.8 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi, thanks for your answer. Here is a picture of it using clapton wire. Still can't figure out what was wrong with it but the good news is that yesterday I went to get some Kanthal and surprisingly works great with it.. I can finally vape after two months of struggling, 45 ft of wasted clapton and tons of wasted cotton :D
Glad u got it working :)

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Yes I am using 70/30 VG/PG cause I hate high PG juice. :oops: But since I fixed it now using Kanthal it works great even with 90/10 VG/PG :w00t:
Sometimes just plain ole kanthal works best.
I've noticed that if I build with 24gauge I go through wicks too fast. With 26 gauge, I rewick about every two weeks. I make our juice, so no extra sweeteners to gunk up my wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread