Avoiding PG!!! Can We Use Other VG Dilution Liquids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toodefmark

Apr 2, 2018
London UK
Hi

I hate PG and also the harshness of nic. Moving over to nic salts now and wondered if I can dilute in other liquids such as distilled water instead of PG?
Also thought it could be a way of thinning the VG without using PG?
If its possible, how does that dilute the flavour percentage? Is there a calculation or just trial n error?
Ideas?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
You can use distilled water, but you'll never use it in such a quantity as it to affect your flavors and nicotine percentages..

Personally I haven't used any at all. With most modern gear you don't have to dilute - but if you feel the need just a couple drops should do the trick.. and yes - it's just trial and error with the gear your using how much you might need.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
thanks. i do like the 70/30 ratio for consistency when vaping but just cant stand PG. wanna replicate the consistency with DW. Even use 100% VG for nic. Do you know can nic salts be DW diluted?

Yes there is no problem diluting salts... just treat them same as freebase nicotine.

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
I'm venturing into my first DIY juice making venture and planning on 48 mg nic salt VG, 10% total flavors (PG) and VG dilutant for a 25 mg goal. I plan on using 5% DW as a thinner and my PG/VG is ending up 11/89 on the calculator. I hope this is not too much DW but this is what was recommended. I hope I'm doing this right also. It does save some money even from the start but hopefully will save more once I have more supply built up.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Really useful thanks. Can nic salts be diluted with DW instead of VG/PG?
Sure you can.
The MAX nicotine concentration that most DIY folks use is 10%=100mg/ml, nicotine (freebase or salt). That means that 90% of whatever is in the bottle is NOT nicotine. It is VG or PG.

Cheers
I

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm venturing into my first DIY juice making venture and planning on 48 mg nic salt VG, 10% total flavors (PG) and VG dilutant for a 25 mg goal. I plan on using 5% DW as a thinner and my PG/VG is ending up 11/89 on the calculator. I hope this is not too much DW but this is what was recommended. I hope I'm doing this right also. It does save some money even from the start but hopefully will save more once I have more supply built up.
I've experimented with max vg and dw from 10% dw down to 3% dw. I settled in at 6% dw for good wicking and no crackling. Just play with it until you find what works for you.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
what if i want no nic base other than nic salts? can that just dilute in the DW?
You can, but there are a few significant problems:

1: h20 has a much higher boiling point than juice base which means the vape will be very hot

2: h20 produces almost NO visible vapor so it’s going to be very hard to tell if the device is even working except by scalding yourself

VG is exceedingly easy to come by. They sell it at many drug stores. PEG is less so but can still be had mail order

toodefmark

Apr 2, 2018
London UK
You can, but there are a few significant problems:

1: h20 has a much higher boiling point than juice base which means the vape will be very hot

2: h20 produces almost NO visible vapor so it’s going to be very hard to tell if the device is even working except by scalding yourself

VG is exceedingly easy to come by. They sell it at many drug stores. PEG is less so but can still be had mail order

so the rich formula was 15% DW how was that managed do you know? By all accounts a good vape

Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
really helpful thanks. ill be playin n having fun with that. 6mg is my spot for sure too
No, 6% distilled water. I use 8mg salts. I do not dilute my 100mg salts. Between flavors and salts my pg ends up around 9-13 total. There is a line on the calculator for water/vodka.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
so the rich formula was 15% DW how was that managed do you know? By all accounts a good vape
Not too sure what you mean. I think people are assuming some sort of measuring equipment. If you mean will it heat the vape? Not really. It will reduce visible vapor by quite a bit though. VG is water soluble and the solution of water/VG will have it’s own boiling point much like salt water. Since the solution is mostly VG the boiling point will be near that of VG.

toodefmark

Apr 2, 2018
London UK
Not too sure what you mean. I think people are assuming some sort of measuring equipment. If you mean will it heat the vape? Not really. It will reduce visible vapor by quite a bit though. VG is water soluble and the solution of water/VG will have it’s own boiling point much like salt water. Since the solution is mostly VG the boiling point will be near that of VG.
ok thanks. i will put this info into some diy and see how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread