Status
Not open for further replies.

EgoTwist:)

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2012
T.Dot
IMG_3139.jpg IMG_3140.jpg IMG_3141.jpg
mad-new.png
SO today i decided to give my DID antoher try and i made a coil that came out to 0.5 ohms and it was vaping good for about 15 seconds.......Then came a burning sensation on my pinky like i have never felt before on my Smoketech telescope mod... I tried pressing it again and before i can fully push it the bottom button my finger started burning. I took out my battery and noticed that the red cover around my AW IMR 18650 was starting to peel off on the bottom. It was burning hot so i carefully put it beside my sink just incase it exploded LOL :p .....Now my question is what happened ? Why did my battery get so hot ? Was it the DID ? Can/Should i use this battery again ?

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Sounds like the battery saw about zero resistance. That battery is toast. It might appear to work but you'll find it has very little charge capacity now. Also it isn't safe.

Maybe make the coil a bit higher res next time. A coil can drop in res when it gets hot, or hot and in contact with an SS wick earthing out, and/or immersed in liquid - one of 0.5 hasn't got much reserve before it's virtually zero.

Also check the switch on your APV now in case it got damaged.

If you want to make ultra-low-res coils then probably a very solid APV is better for this. Also drill a couple of vent holes if the device doesn't have any, you get more warning of a meltdown that way. IMR's don't explode but they do catch on fire if abused, so the sooner you know about it the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread