Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silence

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Hopkinsville, Ky
There was an idea to create awards for the best of 2009 based on nominations and votes by users of this forum. I will post the link to the thread below. Is it possible that we may run with this idea and to get the site moderators and/or the founder(s) to sign off on the idea so that it may lend more weight to the selections? I would hate to have someone create a banner that could potentially get posted to vendors website and that "award" have no credibility. Please note we would like to do this as we are very grateful for the suppliers and everything they provide us with. This is mearly our way of wanting to show our genuine appreciation and newer users would also be provided with a consensus of who we as an entire forum thought did an outstanding job.

link added http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/51077-2009-vapy-awards.html
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter,

Silence

Last edited by a moderator:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
There was an idea to create awards for the best of 2009 based on nominations and votes by users of this forum. I will post the link to the thread below. Is it possible that we may run with this idea and to get the site moderators and/or the founder(s) to sign off on the idea so that it may lend more weight to the selections? I would hate to have someone create a banner that could potentially get posted to vendors website and that "award" have no credibility. Please note we would like to do this as we are very grateful for the suppliers and everything they provide us with. This is mearly our way of wanting to show our genuine appreciation and newer users would also be provided with a consensus of who we as an entire forum thought did an outstanding job.

link added http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/51077-2009-vapy-awards.html
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter,

Silence

My opinion.... everyone has one so here's mine .... It should be a 'people's choice award' with silence (pun intended) from the admins here - although they could vote if they wanted to, of course. I certainly wouldn't sanction any vendor other than by the way he already has - by offering the suppliers forums under his rules, if I were SJ.

Awards don't interest me in the least. All of them, including what used to be the world's renowned have turned into trite, politcally correct circle jerks with the biggest jerks winning. One could make a good case that you have to be a plagiarist in order to win a Pulitzer, and a lying alarmist to win a Nobel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread