Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyTokes

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2014
Collegeville, PA
So I ordered some Samsung 25r 18650s the other day off liionwholesale.com amazon store because they are located close to me and had the best price, of course the package ended up going from 7 miles away to 30 where it ended up showing as "departed origin facility" from Philadelphia for two days which usually is an hour trip for packages. So I sent them an email (kind of being an ......., I was ...... a package from 7 miles away got lost) explaining the situation. To my surprise a man named Jon replied incredibly professionally, insisting on sending a new batch out for me in the morning and denied my request to at least pay for shipping.
Now if you shop online, you know if a package goes missing the company doesn't want to hear about it for 10-15 days after the last tracking update, and certainly isn't going to send a replacement two days after it goes missing. That level of dedication and service for customers is almost unheard of now a days.
Now aside from my great experience, they also guarantee all of their batteries to be authentic, if your efest authentication code doesnt work they will replace them. They test batteries from every batch to make sure they meet their standards. They also carry a lot of the hard to find batteries like Sony VTCs! And of course, most importantly their prices are better than ANYWHERE.

The prices right now for some of the popular 18650 batteries are;
LG HE2 - 2 for $13.90
Panasonic NCR 2900man - 2 for $15.10
Efest 2100mah 30a - 2 for $16.60
Samsung 25r - 2 for $13.80

Also shipping is free, so even if you did happen to find batteries on sale somewhere else, $5 for shipping would probably make them more expensive, plus the more you order the cheaper they are, which doesn't happen on most online vape stores.
I say check em out, an average of less than $7 a piece plus free shipping, not much to lose really :p

Hope you guys enjoy em!

MonkeyTokes

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2014
Collegeville, PA
Amazon would not be my first choice for trusted vendors.

Well it looks like the $20 gamble seems to have paid off for me. Plus I haven't really seen much about fake Samsung batteries, in fact the VTC5s that were sold by illumination supply were Samsung 25r cells wrapped as VTCs so if counterfeiters are using Samsung cells to make fake Sony's I'm assuming Samsung's are cheap enough in bulk to make them not worth faking

Squrl

Moved On
Jan 9, 2015
md
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
sparkky1 said:
Ok then Sgt more expensive......

Shipping, mate. :) And $0.50 here or there is within a normal variations of different overheads and such. You're right that amazon marketplace is a free-for-all in terms of the myriad of vendors out there. At the same time, Sgt. Rock is entirely right that just because a vendor also sells through there doesn't mean they aren't reputable. You can buy kanthal direct from temco on ebay or amazon.

It's really good to steer people towards reputable vendors for important items and I applaud that instinct -- but there's room for more than 2 good vendors, and people having good experiences at say, illumin or liionwholesale are how they build their reputation.

Jockamo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Philadephia,PA,USA
I'm 10 miles or so from their warehouse. I sent an email asking if they took walk in customers. Got a quick response from Jon. Seemed like a nice enough guy and willing to answer any questions I may have. Shipping only as they don't have a storefront and I don't see why they would. With such a niche product it wouldn't pay to maintain a store space. I will give them my business the next time I need to buy some batteries.

MonkeyTokes

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2014
Collegeville, PA
in fact the VTC5s that were sold by illumination supply

And they got there money refunded in 2-3 days later.So I would beg to differ with you on that one and RTD are two of the most reputable vendors out there, I'm sure theirs a couple hundred people on here that would agree....

In fact what? Are you trying to say they weren't? Point your trusty search engine to any of your trusted bloggers and you will see they were in fact samsung cells wrapped in vtc plastic... check illumination supplys announcement. Are you looking for a debate on quality? Who said not to use illumination supply or that they didn't take the batteries back? Im not forcing anyone to buy anything from anywhere. Youre welcome to pay more for your batteries, your expenses don't effect me. The point of both my original post and responding post were that these are cheaper, and I don't mind that you wouldn't use amazon to buy a battery that there is practically zero references that there are fakes being made of. I simply pointed out that if 25Rs are cheap enough to use as fake Sonys,there's not much incentive to fake them, therefore I'm comfortable buying them from a vendor I feel comfortable with from their amazon store whom I decided to share with others who may not know of them. I don't see what you're problem is, if you don't want to use them, simply don't. No big deal. No one's bashing illumination supply for selling fakes, things happen and they were more than adequate cells either way. I was simply using them as an example to back up the statement that fake batteries were made by wrapping samsung cells so if you want something to dispute then feel free to dispute that, otherwise you have no reason to be mad. Sheesh. You'd think in a place where everyone has come together for a universal reason people would be a little less reluctant to get their panties in a bunch over a simple suggestion to maybe get something cheaper -__-

MonkeyTokes

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2014
Collegeville, PA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread