AWT 21700 Battery 4800mAh 35A 3.7V and Hohm Run XL 21700

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Thanks. I saw them on sale but I've read both reviews and finally went for 4x molicel p42A from a trusted ebay seller, I think it's the best value for money option. Can't wait (unused hadron+glaz v2 rta are sitting and waiting for these to arrive- my order from cigabuy arrived much faster than I expected, in about 10 days)

Reactions: dwcraig1

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Thanks. I saw them on sale but I've read both reviews and finally went for 4x molicel p42A from a trusted ebay seller, I think it's the best value for money option. Can't wait (unused hadron+glaz v2 rta are sitting and waiting for these to arrive- my order from cigabuy arrived much faster than I expected, in about 10 days)

eBay and similar sites are very risky propositions when it comes to batteries - even when sellers have good reputations. An eBay seller with a great history and the best intentions often gets their products here and there, so it's all too common for them to end up with counterfeits. The bigger vendors suggested by Mooch usually have more reliable supply chains as well as better records for letting you know if something does go wrong, as happens occasionally even with them. I would strongly suggest sticking with some of these for your batteries - they don't usually cost much more, either:

18650.uk
18650batterystore.com
akkuteile.de
batterybro.com
ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk
fogstar.co.uk
illumn.com
imrbatteries.com
liionwholesale.com
orbtronic.com
rtdvapor.com

As far as brands go, when you're dealing with the more common battery sizes (18650, 20700, 21700), you'll want a reliable manufacture, which, for vaping, means one of these five:
  • Samsung
  • Sony/Murata
  • LG
  • Sanyo/Panasonic
  • Molicel
Good batteries from a good source are essential for safe vaping, and they're not usually much (if any) more expensive than the more dangerous options.

Good luck!

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
eBay and similar sites are very risky propositions when it comes to batteries - even when sellers have good reputations. An eBay seller with a great history and the best intentions often gets their products here and there, so it's all too common for them to end up with counterfeits. The bigger vendors suggested by Mooch usually have more reliable supply chains as well as better records for letting you know if something does go wrong, as happens occasionally even with them. I would strongly suggest sticking with some of these for your batteries - they don't usually cost much more, either:

18650.uk
18650batterystore.com
akkuteile.de
batterybro.com
ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk
fogstar.co.uk
illumn.com
imrbatteries.com
liionwholesale.com
orbtronic.com
rtdvapor.com

As far as brands go, when you're dealing with the more common battery sizes (18650, 20700, 21700), you'll want a reliable manufacture, which, for vaping, means one of these five:
  • Samsung
  • Sony/Murata
  • LG
  • Sanyo/Panasonic
  • Molicel
Good batteries from a good source are essential for safe vaping, and they're not usually much (if any) more expensive than the more dangerous options.

Good luck!
Fogstar are the guys I ordered from, they also sell on ebay ;) I've researched them before ordering, multiple good reviews on ebay, google, facebook and trustpilot. On twitter they advertise themselves as folks who fight with counterfeit batteries, I thought I'd give them a shot

Reactions: Hawise

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Reactions: jwbnyc

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Trusted vendor's sell stuff on Ebay.;)
    True, but I believe that an uneducated or misinformed battery buyer would be attracted to the lower priced batteries that are available on sites like that.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    True, but I believe that an uneducated or misinformed battery buyer would be attracted to the lower priced batteries that are available on sites like that.
    Like Vinnybagodoughnuts said, I'm a bit past this stage. I must admit I've done it the first time though- bought the cheapest LG HG2 I could possibly find on ebay. I must have been lucky cause they perform alright and no accidents so far. I had bad experiences with ebay bought drop in coils though (innokin and smok).
    But Fogstar- I researched pretty well before I bought from them, whether I buy from their site or from their ebay shop is irrelevant.

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    But Fogstar- I researched pretty well before I bought from them, whether I buy from their site or from their ebay shop is irrelevant.

Glad to hear it! I always envision another headline case when I hear of people buying from eBay, but it sounds like you've got things figured out.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Glad to hear it! I always envision another headline case when I hear of people buying from eBay, but it sounds like you've got things figured out.
    I totally understand. I bought some innokin and smok coils on ebay before that were terrible, but checked them with smok app and they came out as genuine- so bad QC. However, there's loads of bogus stuff out there, not just in vaping department. Loads of fake tool batteries, fake tools, clothes, shoes etc- dishonest sellers are all over ebay... When it comes to things like batteries for vaping where safety is a concern, there's no room for messing around and trying to save few bucks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread