Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Ok. I give. I have a gryphon that rocks. Flavor, vapor, and TH are all there. I have ody dripper, immortalizers. They all perform extremely well.
Here is the issue. No matter how I setup the coils, I get AT LEAST half of my pulls are HARSH, HARSH hits. I mean piercing like it's dragging a straight edge razor in my throat. I'm not talking HARD hits, hot spots, or what I HAVE seen as dry hits.
I've tried anywhere between 1-2.5 ohms. Mech mods, provari, turned down, turned up on power, micro coils, wide coils, 30g, 32g, 33g, 33 twisted, single wick, double, 2mm, 3mm, even cotton hemp. I've had the coil close to the air in down low, higher up near the "chimney". Heck I even twisted up NR-R-NR (GG Style) to rule out a hanging hot wire off the post. NOTHING is helping. And on top of it all, the vapor output is meh at best. I'll get vapor, but when I take a few pulls off the gryphon with the same juice, I can't see the TV. (Or any of my other RDAs in fact).

I am beginning to feel that I'm the only one that experienced this. I know these are loved RDAs, but it's just not satisfying at all. I mean it flat out HURTS to vape on it. I'll set it aside and reach for the gryphon, immort, Ody drip, or over to any of my other tank rebuildables (Penny, Ithaka, etc).

ANY ideas? The obvious difference is the axiom and prometey has the chimney that is taking the vapor straight up instead of some slight swirling around the gryphon dome. I have to believe SOMEbody has experienced this.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
sounds like the polyfill isnt wet enough and/or the wick ends arent touching the filling correctly.

with my spheri i made a figure 8 style wick and made sure it was long enough the loops were pushed up against the filler.

i know you can but with the huge cap i cant see dripper mode working well

Last edited:

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
I had one try at the poly. But had very similar results. So I figured I'd give it a try in dripper mode to just get it going. But over wondered if that chimney/huge chamber is almost an aero dynamic setup where it borderline requires the use of poly and can't be used in just drip mode effectively. I know what it's purpose is, and that's not a "native dripper", but still.

Maybe I'll have to just pick a juice and fill up some poly and keep at it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread