Azaoste 18650 3000mAh 20/40AH Any tests or feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
Saw these on Amazon. Any tests or info on them? They may just be be a relabeled battery from some other company. FWIW, they get really good reviews on Amazon. Thanks in advance.
Charles
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0753BPNCZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not sure why, but they've disappeared from Amazon. Here's an eBay link to what looks to be the same battery in a green wrapper. The ones on Amazon were purple.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAIegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw3Z2XeY7dne55j3BsPi1URK

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Point I buying batteries on amazon is not a great idea to begin with
Point 2 actually manufacturing batteries requires a gigantic stupendously expensive factory only a few of which exist in the world. They are all owned by large corporations with well known names like Sony and Samsung. Definitely not aberwhaterveritwas

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
Here's a pic of the battery from Amazon.
downloadfile-26.jpeg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Here's a pic of the battery from Amazon.
View attachment 713831
I don’t think there is an 18650 battery that exists with those stats. Remember just because they print it doesn’t make it true. I’d give this one a hard pass personally.

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
They are re wrapped with unknown cells underneath & ridiculously expensive.
The pulse discharge on the label is a dead giveaway.

Name brand cells from a reputable source are less expensive.
The eBay link I posted was just a reference pic since I can't find them on Amazon anymore. That was the cost for four on Amazon. I googled them and they showed up on several vape sites/stores in varying colors. I'm strictly MTL and normally fairly low wattage so big draw batteries aren't quite as important for me. I usually use Sony or eFest, but decided to try these. I'll post how they work for me. Thanks for the info.
Charles

Reactions: stols001

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The eBay link I posted was just a reference pic since I can't find them on Amazon anymore. That was the cost for four on Amazon. I googled them and they showed up on several vape sites/stores in varying colors. I'm strictly MTL and normally fairly low wattage so big draw batteries aren't quite as important for me. I usually use Sony or eFest, but decided to try these. I'll post how they work for me. Thanks for the info.
Charles
Pls next time consult ecf battery thread testing results charts. Testing on batteries is an on going process and safety in vaping is paramount.
Did you check the results of Mooch's testing? To find results, find one of Mooch's post and click his link that is in his signature line.

I would not be surprised if the batteries you bought don't perform as you you expect. I just hope they won't blow up on you.
This is the description that was on the link you provided.

DO NOT charge at ABOVE 4.2V
DO NOT discharge at BELOW 2.75V
DO NOT disassemble or dispose of in fire
DO NOT charge except specified charging condition
DO NOT heat above 212 degrees Fahrenheit or short circuit
DO NOT crush or modify
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN SEVERE BATTERY DAMAGE OR POSSIBLE EXPLOSION
Specifications:
Manufactured By: AZAOSTE
Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Size: 18650
Battery Capacity: 3000 mAh
Battery Structure: Flat Top
Nominal Voltage: 3.7V
Voltage at end of Discharge: 2.75V
Full Charge Voltage: 4.2V
Length: 2.55 inches (65 mm)
Diameter: 0.71 inches (18 mm)
Weight: 42g (0.093Lb)(only battery)
Packing Content:
2 PCS AZAOSTE 3000mAh 18650 Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries

:)

• Winner
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Are You Using a Rewrap (Rebranded or Aftermarket) Battery?

• Learn what a rewrap cell is. If you are using rebranded cells, does that mean it is inferior, poor quality, or even dangerous? Which batteries are suspected to be rebranded batteries?
Purple Efest Batteries Not As Advertised
  • A cautionary blog that reveals that the purple Efest batteries may not have the specifications advertised. Also includes an important commentary on "continuous discharge ratings" vs "pulse discharge ratings" of battery specs.
Battery Mooch's List of Battery Tests

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Saw these on Amazon. Any tests or info on them? They may just be be a relabeled battery from some other company. FWIW, they get really good reviews on Amazon. Thanks in advance.
Charles
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0753BPNCZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not sure why, but they've disappeared from Amazon. Here's an eBay link to what looks to be the same battery in a green wrapper. The ones on Amazon were purple.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAIegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw3Z2XeY7dne55j3BsPi1URK

There are 2 Things I Don't Do when it comes to e-Cigarettes.

1) I don't take a Hit off an RDA if I look down and notice a Big Black Cat Hair sticking out of the Drip Tip.

2) I Don't buy Unknown Re-Wrapped Batteries from Unknown Sellers and then put them in a Mech Mod.

Do yourself a Favor, stick with Batteries that Mooch has Tested and have been Used by ECF Members. And Buy Them for a Seller that has a Solid Reputation for selling Genuine Batteries.

Like...

Batteries - 18650 Batteries - IMRbatteries.com

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
I appreciate all the information. Not that it makes any difference, but I did do several searches for a Mooch test before buying. Since I found so many links to them at different vape stores on Google, I decided to give them a try. If he's interested, I'd be willing to send him a couple to test. They also got great reviews on Amazon. I read most of the links provided above and am grateful for the heads up. Since they're from Amazon, I could always just return them as well. While not in denial, I do think my vaping style and builds put me in a slightly safer category than many of the cloud chasing DTL super dub ohm croud. I'm MTL, build at >0.4, use 36 mg juice, and don't chain cape. Knock on wood, I've never had a full on runawaway or serious accidental discharge. It took a lot of playing around, but i settled on a 24 ga Kanthal, 3.0 mm i.d., 5 wrap single coil, and have used the same build almost exclusively. This is in an authentic Kayfun Lite. I've used nothing but mechs since 2011 and only in the last month or so entered the digital, regulated world. I've really enjoyed my mechs, but the ability to adjust power is an awesome thing. If nothing else, i haven't smoked as cigarette in seven years. Again, I appreciate everyone looking out for my best interest. I'll contact Mooch and see if he wants to test them. Thanks.
Charles

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Charles
Efest are also rewraps and not really recommended. Please check out Mooch's battery tests. Use only high discharge cells by Sony, LG, Samsung, or Panasonic/Sanyo, bought from trusted sellers (definitely not Amazon or eBay).

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I appreciate all the information. Not that it makes any difference, but I did do several searches for a Mooch test before buying. Since I found so many links to them at different vape stores on Google, I decided to give them a try. If he's interested, I'd be willing to send him a couple to test. They also got great reviews on Amazon. I read most of the links provided above and am grateful for the heads up. Since they're from Amazon, I could always just return them as well. While not in denial, I do think my vaping style and builds put me in a slightly safer category than many of the cloud chasing DTL super dub ohm croud. I'm MTL, build at >0.4, use 36 mg juice, and don't chain cape. Knock on wood, I've never had a full on runawaway or serious accidental discharge. It took a lot of playing around, but i settled on a 24 ga Kanthal, 3.0 mm i.d., 5 wrap single coil, and have used the same build almost exclusively. This is in an authentic Kayfun Lite. I've used nothing but mechs since 2011 and only in the last month or so entered the digital, regulated world. I've really enjoyed my mechs, but the ability to adjust power is an awesome thing. If nothing else, i haven't smoked as cigarette in seven years. Again, I appreciate everyone looking out for my best interest. I'll contact Mooch and see if he wants to test them. Thanks.
Charles
0.4 ohms on a mech (or 30+ watts on a regulated) is over ten amps and could very well be more than these batteries can handle.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
OP you are in denial, the advise you are getting is sound and should be listened to.
Only buy batteries of known and tested (by Mooch) specification made by Sony Samsung LG or Panasonic from trusted vendors. There is literally no reason to do otherwise or you may end up getting burnt physically as well as figuratively.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't care if my build is 0.5 or 0.1, I wouldn't be putting unknown, untested and overspec (most likely, since they are an "impossible" spec) on a mech mod. That truly is asking for trouble, honestly, and you did ask the question wanting actual answers right, not just something that will make you "feel" safer.

It really doesn't matter if "vendors" stock them or you "like" amazon, or whatever, it matters that you know what your batteries are and what they can and cannot do. Like you said, it's amazon so return them and buy real cells from the approved vendor list.

I am sorry to have to state the truth-- vendors who are unscrupulous/uninformed (or both) will often sell "specialty vaping cells" (or whatever) with or without knowledge that they may be dangerous. They certainly have a PROFIT margin for the uninformed vaper who is looking for "a vaping battery." So the fact that vape shops sell them means absolutely nothing.

I wouldn't even buy an "authentic" battery from a vendor, they often get rewrapped "rejects" from the big manufacturer's bins. IMRbatteries.com is a vendor that I most often use. They are rapid, professional, will arrive soon, and are of high quality. I know that I am purchasing the real thing. Often, the most trusted sellers will sell you something close to what you "think" you have gotten, specs wise, for LESS money. Plus, you know you are being safe.

By all means let Mooch test those batteries to let you know how safe/unsafe you are being, if he wants to do so. But I'm fairly certain he would tell you not to vape them in the meantime (and quite possibly not after the testing, as well).

PLEASE don't use those batteries, especially since you have no idea what they actually are. That's like a recipe for something horrid to happen, and you have been told about battery safety now. There is NO excuse to continue vaping them but if you do, just make sure it's not near other people who may have to accept the fallout of YOUR bad decision making. Not trying to be mean here, more realistic.

Anna

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
OK.....:pop:Y'all have successfully convinced me to return these cells. I did talk to Mooch about testing a couple and he's VERY backed up and doesn't have time at the moment. So in the interest of safety (others more than mine) and the potential damage to the public perspective on vaping in general, I ordered new, well tested and reviewed LG cells through IMR. The truth can sometimes sound harsh, but I believe that everyone that posted had safety and the future of vaping in mind. While slightly humbled, I do appreciate the input. Now......take it easy on me.:evil:Thanks.
Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread