The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

BŌ ECIG by JWell

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by dansus, Jan 3, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dansus

dansus Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Dr Salt is 50/50.

2. 0%onlyflavor

0%onlyflavor Full Member

May 17, 2017
    Yeah, but the website I want to order from doesn't have Dr. Salt and this is the only UK site where the BO flavors I want are available :) Guess I'll try the NS 20

3. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
  4. Oliver Smith

Oliver Smith Full Member

May 10, 2016
    Assuming the newer ones have the black o-rings? After the previous PITA with my Bo not charging, a new battery arrived today and 3 pods in and they are all completely burnt within 3 puffs.

None of them have the black o-ring, so I'm guessing they've shipped me older pods.

Super disappointing. I have had 2 pods which were a completely stellar vape, but the majority of them are just crap :( Instant burning. Both pods that they shipped with the replacement battery also didn't fit (they slid in fine, but did not make a connection and just pushed the pods back out again).

Shame. If every pod I had was as good as the first RY4 I had, and the batteries were more reliable, this would be an excellent vape, but as it stands, it's more hastle than it's worth.

5. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Sounds like you have the original pods which have the characteristics you describe. The ones with a black oring are newer ones and work pretty well on the whole.

The one the left in the picture is the latest pod design and improve things further.

6. Oliver Smith

Oliver Smith Full Member

May 10, 2016
    That's good to hear at least. Where did you pick up the newer pods from? Assuming somewhere in the UK?

Previous pods were all sent to me by Vapegeek. They have the full selection of flavors, but looks like they are just stockpiled on the older design, most of which have just been chucked away.

7. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Which flavour pods did you get with the kit? Was it a two pack with menthol and tobacco?

8. Oliver Smith

Oliver Smith Full Member

May 10, 2016
    It was, yeah. 8mg mint and 16mg tobacco. Both had black o-rings and neither fit :(

Strangely, the "Icy Mint" pack I brought seperately dont have the black o-rings, burn out instantly, but have later "best-by" dates (08/2019) on them than the RY4's with black o-rings that seem to hold up fine (06/2019).

Lord knows :/ QC seems to be a bit all over the place. This battery also seems to have a tighter airflow than the last one. Maybe that's attributing to the burnt coils...

9. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    I hope your Icy pack isnt the latest version, that would be a bit of a disaster.

If you can take a picture in good light, maybe i can see which version it is.

10. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
  11. Oliver Smith

Oliver Smith Full Member

May 10, 2016
    [​IMG]

These are the ones that I brought in a separate pack and burn pretty much instantly

12. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Ruh Roh.. those are the new ones. You can tell by the white oring and it has 'bo' embossed on the front.

I have a friend who got early samples, he loves them. No dry hits, refill 10 times, better flavour.. Odd.

13. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    I put out a post asking for feedback on FB.

14. Oliver Smith

Oliver Smith Full Member

May 10, 2016
    Yeah, seems odd in that case then. Saying that, I've taken out another one and it seems to be holding up much better.

Still, that's a fairly high fail-rate given my tiny sample size. The one I posted a pic of also started leaking pretty uncontrollably pretty much straight away. Maybe just got unlucky!

Time will tell I suppose!

Thanks for posting on FB, be interested to hear the feedback!

Edit: One thing I do definitely agree on is the QC on the caps. All 3 black oring RY4 pods I ended up cracking the caps just pulling the pods out of the battery. Not had any of those issues on the new pods.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bagaios

bagaios Full Member

Nov 23, 2017
    Very interesting! How did you remove the upper part? So actually it is possible to change the coil? What is the advantage of changing just the cotton?

16. carotdo

carotdo New Member

Jan 26, 2018
    i successfully used a cutter blade cutting around those glued egdes and bammm success.. just be gentle and it will come off well easily.. push back the cap and insert the pod all the way to keep in tight

Attached Files:

17. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Its much easier with the pods with a black o-ring. Thats how i do it too.

Next trick is working out how to re-coil it. ;)

18. LoVape

LoVape New Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Anyone know if the pods are sold empty for refills? I am more interested in that little plastic plug that seems to tear off easily after pulling out a few times. Thanks in advance.

19. doghouse

doghouse Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Anybody know if they still make the TC version of this. I don't see it listed anywhere for sale but it still appears on their website as one of the models. Thanks in advance!

20. doghouse

doghouse Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I rewicked a couple of pods with cotton (not easy BTW) and it significanty improves wicking and flavor. Why does this company continue to use silica wick???

• Like Like x 1