ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    New pods.

Bo_new2.png
    Bo_new3.png

Mustybadger

May 10, 2016

Assuming the newer ones have the black o-rings? After the previous PITA with my Bo not charging, a new battery arrived today and 3 pods in and they are all completely burnt within 3 puffs.

None of them have the black o-ring, so I'm guessing they've shipped me older pods.

Super disappointing. I have had 2 pods which were a completely stellar vape, but the majority of them are just crap :( Instant burning. Both pods that they shipped with the replacement battery also didn't fit (they slid in fine, but did not make a connection and just pushed the pods back out again).

Shame. If every pod I had was as good as the first RY4 I had, and the batteries were more reliable, this would be an excellent vape, but as it stands, it's more hastle than it's worth.

Mustybadger

May 10, 2016
    Sounds like you have the original pods which have the characteristics you describe. The ones with a black oring are newer ones and work pretty well on the whole.

The one the left in the picture is the latest pods and improve things further.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

That's good to hear at least. Where did you pick up the newer pods from? Assuming somewhere in the UK?

Previous pods were all sent to me by Vapegeek. They have the full selection of flavors, but looks like they are just stockpiled on the older design, most of which have just been chucked away.

Mustybadger

May 10, 2016
    Which flavour pods did you get with the kit? Was it a two pack with menthol and tobacco?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

It was, yeah. 8mg mint and 16mg tobacco. Both had black o-rings and neither fit :(

Strangely, the "Icy Mint" pack I brought seperately dont have the black o-rings, burn out instantly, but have later "best-by" dates (08/2019) on them than the RY4's with black o-rings that seem to hold up fine (06/2019).

Lord knows :/ QC seems to be a bit all over the place. This battery also seems to have a tighter airflow than the last one. Maybe that's attributing to the burnt coils...

Last edited:

dansus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    These are the ones that I brought in a separate pack and burn pretty much instantly
    Ruh Roh.. those are the new ones. You can tell by the white oring and it has 'bo' embossed on the front.

I have a friend who got early samples, he loves them. No dry hits, refill 10 times, better flavour.. Odd.

Last edited:

Mustybadger

May 10, 2016
    Yeah, seems odd in that case then. Saying that, I've taken out another one and it seems to be holding up much better.

Still, that's a fairly high fail-rate given my tiny sample size. The one I posted a pic of also started leaking pretty uncontrollably pretty much straight away. Maybe just got unlucky!

Time will tell I suppose!

Thanks for posting on FB, be interested to hear the feedback!

Edit: One thing I do definitely agree on is the QC on the caps. All 3 black oring RY4 pods I ended up cracking the caps just pulling the pods out of the battery. Not had any of those issues on the new pods.

Reactions: dansus

carotdo

Jan 26, 2018
    Think they glued in it place, i destroyed the pod getting this far.
    View attachment 630059
    i successfully used a cutter blade cutting around those glued egdes and bammm success.. just be gentle and it will come off well easily.. push back the cap and insert the pod all the way to keep in tight

Attachments

• IMG_20180126_173714.jpg
      IMG_20180126_173714.jpg
      3.1 MB · Views: 68
    Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread