• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

B & M Shops around the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area? -- HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolguy420

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Central Maine
Greetings SouthWest Florida! We just started our 2nd vacation trip to beautiful Ft. Myers, and are looking for a place to pick up some "top shelf" juices (and hardware). Last year we discovered Vapin' In The Cape (Cape Coral), which is a great shop that we will visit again, but we will be here for 2 weeks this time (2x last year's) and would really like to check out some other shops. I brought an ample supply of our Mad Murdock favorites, so we are good there. Thanks in advance for any info offered!

Cheers!
Mark

Okay, they only carry one juice line, but Vapor Envy on 41, just north of Alico (I forget the name of the new Metro extension but that literally dumps right into it) has really nice high-end gear. I've been hearing great things about Vape King in Bonita, and I think they carry five pawns, but I haven't made it down there yet but I've heard nothing but good things (and met some of the staff at the Tampa VCC, super nice and knowledgable). If you guys need any help getting around while you're here, let me know...I'm in the downtown area :)

Apparently I have an "ooh shiny" issue. :p

Nice! Thanks for the info and the "navigation" offer :D I have been wanting to try out 5P Queenside, so that's a great excuse for the Missus and I to check them out. Have you been to Vapin' In The Cape? Great staff there.

You're welcome! I've lived in Fort Myers since 2000, so I think I'm officially a local at this point, lol. We also eat out A LOT so I can point you to some great restaurants!

And if you enjoy craft beer, make sure to check out the Fort Myers Brewing Co. out in Gateway. I don't know where in Fort Myers you're planning on staying, but it's worth the ride. The local food trucks are there every night the brewery is open, it's a fun party even if you're not drinking; between FMBC and the Front (the cigar store next door), they have a huge furnished patio area with a couple of corn hole boards, and I have to say that the crowd is usually really fun and friendly.

As far as Vapin' in the Cape... No, but I've been meaning to make a trip over there. They have a somewhat crappy rep around town depending on who you talk to, so I hadn't been in there but when I saw their booth and talked to some of the staff at the VCC, I decided I'd have to pop in next time I wanted to shop/window shop. I was hoping to make it out there today but I don't think I'll be able to, unfortunately.

toolguy420

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Central Maine
Yep, I'd consider you a "local", you lucky dog. We rent a house just south of Winkler/Summerlin, so it's a pretty handy location...where's the best Mexican grub in the area? Funny you should mention the Brewing Co., we had talked about making a stop there this time around. I've gotta know what people are complaining about in regards to VITC; we had nothing but a great experience there, but it was a year ago - alot can change in a year.

Good Mexican can be found in Lehigh Acres, at real Mexican places...I hope you speak Spanish! LOL. But there is a new place on Daniels near the Brewery that I've been meaning to try, I believe it's called Casa Lupita. I've heard nothing but good things so far. Jalapeños near downtown on 41 is good; cheap and authentic. Everything else I'd avoid.

Yep, super convenient location. It sounds like you might be in the same complex my aunt stays in when she's here! I used to live at Gladiolus and Summerlin, so I know how awesome it is...easy to get to anything and everything.

If you let me know when you're going to the Brewery, I'll make sure to meet you, assuming I'm not out of town myself ;)

Okay, VITC... I've heard snotty, unhelpful, overpriced...but like I said, after VCC, I want to check them out because they were so nice there and they spent a LOT of time taking to me even though I didn't buy a thing, and after hearing about how their store is laid out and what they carry, I really want to go. I'm just trying to watch my vape budget for a week or two.

toolguy420

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Central Maine
Good Mexican can be found in Lehigh Acres, at real Mexican places...I hope you speak Spanish! LOL. But there is a new place on Daniels near the Brewery that I've been meaning to try, I believe it's called Casa Lupita. I've heard nothing but good things so far. Jalapeños near downtown on 41 is good; cheap and authentic. Everything else I'd avoid.

Yep, super convenient location. It sounds like you might be in the same complex my aunt stays in when she's here! I used to live at Gladiolus and Summerlin, so I know how awesome it is...easy to get to anything and everything.

If you let me know when you're going to the Brewery, I'll make sure to meet you, assuming I'm not out of town myself ;)

Okay, VITC... I've heard snotty, unhelpful, overpriced...but like I said, after VCC, I want to check them out because they were so nice there and they spent a LOT of time taking to me even though I didn't buy a thing, and after hearing about how their store is laid out and what they carry, I really want to go. I'm just trying to watch my vape budget for a week or two.

Ole! I do speak some Spanish, enough to order some meals anyway, and that's exactly the kind of place we are looking for :D As far as the Brewery goes, when is the best time (for some non-locals) to go; when would you be able to make it over there? Our "schedule" is pretty much wide open, which is just the way I like it. It surprises me to hear that about VITC - the friendly staff and great customer service we got was what made them really stick out. No, the prices weren't the greatest, but they weren't the worst either - I got a super deal on an eVic. Again, that was a year ago, and I know they've made some significant changes since then. 10-4 on the vape budget, I get easily carried away in that aspect too :blink:

Ole! I do speak some Spanish, enough to order some meals anyway, and that's exactly the kind of place we are looking for :D As far as the Brewery goes, when is the best time (for some non-locals) to go; when would you be able to make it over there? Our "schedule" is pretty much wide open, which is just the way I like it. It surprises me to hear that about VITC - the friendly staff and great customer service we got was what made them really stick out. No, the prices weren't the greatest, but they weren't the worst either - I got a super deal on an eVic. Again, that was a year ago, and I know they've made some significant changes since then. 10-4 on the vape budget, I get easily carried away in that aspect too :blink:

Cool. Having worked with some illegals, I asked them and they told me any of the taquerias or Mexican bakeries in Lehigh are usually good (if they'll eat there it's good enough for me). That area of town has a lot of Mexican/Central American/South American residents, so they've made sure they have places to eat. I also got another good review of Casa Lupita last night, it's not as new I had thought but just a well-kept secret, much like the Brewery.

As long as I'm not out of town for work, I'll come out the FMBC any night that's good for you, other than Sunday (that's the day off with the hubby and we usually do stuff around the house). They're open Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday; I usually show up around 4-ish and stay to close the place! So keep me posted as to when you'll be in town!

As far as the rumors of bad service, etc. at VITC, this town is a rumor mill. Someone probably got miffed at someone and just starting talking smack. Also, everyone has a bad day once in a while, and the vaping community is still small enough that info about one such incident would spread like wildfire. Hence why I haven't made a judgment other than my good experience at VCC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread