Baby Beast still leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
So I've had my baby Beast up for a while because of its leaking issues. This is unfortunate because it goes exceptionally well with my reuleaux Rx mini and makes a great pocket setup. So I put it away a while ago because of the leaking which I attributed to the poor quality control issues at smok. So a couple of days ago I bought some eleaf HW ones. Well it's leaking again or still. O rings are good it doesn't leak all the time just periodically will dump a half to a whole tank out all at once. I have a big baby and a prince enjoy them both and do not have this issue. Any ideas?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
I have the same tank and have had it for over a month and never had any of these problems. the box it came in should have replacement O-rings, even if the O-rings look good you could try switching them all out and switching the glass with the replacement one. The other possibility I can think of off hand is that there is something wrong with the seal on the top of the tank where it is filed there should be a replacement for that in the box it came in as well.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
I have the same tank and have had it for over a month and never had any of these problems. the box it came in should have replacement O-rings, even if the O-rings look good you could try switching them all out and switching the glass with the replacement one. The other possibility I can think of off hand is that there is something wrong with the seal on the top of the tank where it is filed there should be a replacement for that in the box it came in as well.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would completely disassemble and replace the O rings, even if they look okay. I'd also be checking out how well the coil is seated (you may have some bad coils, possibly) and or any cracks chips etc.

That's about all I can think of, I don't own that tank, but I've had a similar issue with a Siren V2 replacement tank. It just LEAKED, and unfortunately, it wasn't my build or anything, the tank just seemed to not quite "fit" and I decided it was probably a tolerance issue. Replacing my 0-rings fixed it, and there wasn't anything "wrong" exactly with the O-rings, I just needed one of slightly thicker/larger size, a bit (still the O ring on the bottom, but I replaced it with a silicone replacement and it just worked. I would consider replacing all yours, even if you don't think they're the issue, since it sounds like this happened out of the box.

IDK, best of luck,

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: RigBick

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
And also with you?

I think that's the mandatory response, LOL. I hope it works out for you :)

Anna
Changed all the seals last night. Just attached to my Rx Mini and it appears to be dry as a bone. It did not leak overnight and its holder and after topping it off and sitting for an hour it's still dry. So it seems that the O-rings probably in combination with the top fill seal replacement has done the trick. I am very happy as I really do like the tank. I hope nobody it's smok reads this. My next purchase I believe will be a uwell crown. Thank you again for everybody's advice it was all good.

I also have a fair quantity of juice that I made that is not quite what I had hoped it would be. I'm not saying it's bad. Just not great. Is there someplace I can donate this? Do like our boys overseas have a use for juice? I wonder if there's somewhere I can send it. Again it's not horrible it's very vapable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread