Baby Beast T8 makes me feel like i'm taking crazy pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt1982

Jan 21, 2017
Howdy all,

I'm relatively new to vaping and picked up an alien kit from my local vape shop.

Right off the bat no matter what I try, every single coil tastes burnt and harsh.

I never fire the coil outside of the recommended wattage that printed on the coil. I also prime the coils as best as I can figure out.

When I prime the coil I saturate it with juice (a 50/50 3mg clear kiwi juice) and let it sit. Saturating all of the slits on the outside as well as periodically dripping juice on the top of the coils. I keep saturating until it is clear that the cotton can't hold anymore liquid (when it starts to pool) and not absorb.

Then I take a few hits without firing to clear any residual juice and spit out whatever lands in my mouth.

I fire the coil a few times at half of the recommended wattage (60) so I fire at 30 watts. I do this a few times with about half a minute to a minute between each fire. Then I go up by 5 watts and repeat the process steadily until I hit 60. But no matter what the coil will get burnt and forever be ruined.

I've followed the exact directions that was given to me by my local shop. Is there something that I'm missing?

Feeling very discouraged.

-Matt

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I am running my Baby Beast with the X4 Quad coils at 30 Watts and see no reason to go over it no matter what they say about recommended range. I have had it up to 35 watts but taste is not what I like.

Just my personal experience and take it for what it is worth.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Sorry to hear you are having problems with this great set-up. I am as stumped as much as others appear to be. It might help if you tell us how new you are and if this is your first set-up or what you used before the Alien Kit. I find it quite smooth, but could be a bit much at first for somebody very new to subΩ. A great juice vaped at 11 watts with a 1.8Ω coil might not work well on an Alien set-up.

Not sure how many coils you have tried, but at 60 watts or less, can't imagine why a burnt taste. If it is more of a harsh hit, might try turning down the hit strength. I have mine set on "normal" and vape around 64 watts. Also might consider trying a higher VG juice of a different flavor. It might be best to take it back into the B&M and have them check.

Good luck and keep us posted on how it turns out.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Matt1982

Jan 21, 2017
Thanks for the replies.

I've probably gone through 9 or so in the last week. I've been lucky to have one actually work well. The difference that i've noticed is the coils that that fail get insanely hot very quickly even when fired at low wattage. I gave up today and took the alien kit back to my local vape shop for a return. The owner was curious and took a few hits and noticed the harshness and burning. He popped the beast on another mod. He didn't have a problem after inserting a new coil and asked to watch me prime it another one.

He later came to the conclusion that there was something wrong with the mod and he exchanged it. So far it's been a smooth and comfortable vape like a dream. He also adamantly insisted that I never use a higher VG than 50 in the baby beast.

Thanks for the input everyone.

-Matt

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I use only High or Max VG in all my e-Liquids and only purchase High VG. I use the High VG in every tank I own with all my coils and have no problems. The Cleito has known wicking issues you cure with a pin and that is why I believe people tend to think that way. The size of the holes it the Baby Beast coils are large enough it drinks pretty fast and if the liquid was thinner I would think that it would suck like a vampire!

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
When I went to post this comment someone had asked about flooring the gas every time they drive the car........... Had me thinking I was losing it this morning! Where is that coffee??

When I first started vaping with a MOD and my Nautilus Mini working up to that 12 watt or so max felt like an accomplishment but now since moving to the 1.6Ω Coils 9.5 to 10.5 Watts is about tops. I have found o pushing the limits results in better taste on many e-Liquids!

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
He also adamantly insisted that I never use a higher VG than 50 in the baby beast.
-Matt

umm... i have no nice way to say this... he flat out lied.

the beast tanks are made for those who are leaning towards clouds. putting the wrong juice in some tanks can cause some issues... like leaking, burning out coils and juice. just like with some tanks are geared towards a higher PG ratio and will have burnt coils because they cannot wick thicker juices fast enough.
juices for clouds are 70% + VG... PG produces less clouds.

it's nice they replaced the mod if it was an issue, but the advice for juice for these tanks? wrong.

10Pups

Jan 14, 2017
Orange, California
16 days into vaping and I have nothing but Beast tanks. 4 Baby and 1 Big Baby. All sit on top of Reuleaux 2/3 and RX200s . I have used all the coils that come with them and never had the problem your describing. Unless, I use anything with more than 30pg in it or I go above the "best " wattage on the coil. The Big Baby started spitting and sputtering right off the bat at the "best" range but I found turning down the air flow fixed that. Which in most cases I use wide open for the same reason. More air seems to keep things cooler most of the time.
Glad your getting it all sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread