Back aftr 1year!! got sum ?s, burnt attys/ old juice/ and Bonuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all !! Boy am i glad 2be back! but sorry to say ive been switchin backnforth from Vapn and Death Stix since i made my return a couple days ago.

i pulled all my old gear out of storage and i found random juice samplers, 2 ego batts, 2 510 attys and sum condomcaps and fluval lol. i charged up the egos, blew out the attys and threw some drops in of Ms ts Caramel. Taste was meh but not horrid, tried some bluberry from awesome vapor with better results on other atty.

What i left off doing was using carts with filler( seems caveman now, lol), so i figured what was next best thing i could do without much effort or gear? DRIP. These fluids are approx a year old, blueberry tasted fine, but caramel got weird fast. Blew out the caramel atty and did some dry burns. Horrible burnt taste from then on out.

Ripped out the wicking mat. and debridged it thinking it might help. naaah tasted worse!! (tried sevral times) Has this atty .... the bed? juice bad? after puffing away on it hoping to revive i got sick to my stomach and felt waaay bad all over. Just gunna not vape it just in case. Wonder how much Nic the juice would loose ova a year?

Ok enuff with the nasty stuff... What im down to now is drippin the bluberry onto intact 510atty, seems fine but not seemin to get the Nic im cravin. What i want to do is keep it simple cuzz it seems to work for now.. keep my Ego batts with 510,( maybe LR for drippin?) Batt life isnt an issue, 1charge lasts me 2-3 days.

Now for drippin would rippin thewick n bridge 510 up and adding a bonut be the way 2go? Now onto the Bonut!! i read like 6000pages on the bonut thread, but still alil confused. Roll SS pipefilter into a mini cig and then bend it say around a pencil to create a circle out of the rolld up SS and then drop that into my atty is what i envision, is this correct?

Im glad to be back and see all you guys, ive been trollin threads to find most of my ?s, but these are some big ones ive run into off the batt. i wanna get back in full force. just ordered some caramel from mom n pops, but thinkin of gettin a sampler from somewhere also. Ooooh, also ordered couple driptips, never tried um.

ScubaSteve

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 11, 2011
Jerseyville, IL
www.bettervapes.com
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
If you keep it dark and away from heat, juice has a pretty long shelf life. Some flavors last longer than others, but you aren't going to get sick from old nicotine. Nicotine oxidizes and starts smelling bad, but it doesn't turn toxic or dangerous. Stuff like bacteria and stuff just doesn't grow in PG. The worse that happens is it'll start smelling like dirty gym socks. That might make someone sick, but is ain't the kind of sick that's dangerous. If it tastes bad, throw it out, but don't worry that vaping a little of it really hurts you in any way.

Sounds like you need to get some cartomizers or clearomizers. Dripping works good, but few people can put up with the inconvenience long enough to make it their one and only method. I'm not up on bonuts enough to help you there, but a lot of stuff has happened since the days of carts, attys, fluval and teabags. If you want to get back in full force, you're going to need some stuff. Stardusts, aka eGo Vision Clearomizers or CE4s, work great with an eGo. Pick up a couple of them and try some 21st Century vaping.

Last edited:

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
Hey CapnJack. So good to see you back into vaping! There sure have been a lot of changes in the last year but aside from some new juice, carts or cartomzers, you seem to have enough to get you going and hold you over for a little while. Outdated hardware is sure better than no hardware! Outdated or not, it's familiar and will serve you well until you decide what you want out of a new set up and what you are willing to spend. Anything from a couple of hundred for a ProVari to 20 bucks for one of these SD 510 Keyring Mod - $20.99 : Stormys Vapor Cellar, Electronic Cigarettes & More . They are made by Trog (The Screwdriver). I have a few big batt mods but I still like to have a few autos around. I have three of the SD Keyrings and really love them with a low resistance (1.7) cartomizer. Any way, good luck with everything. It's not as daunting as it looks. You just have so many more options to choose from. Think about the things you would have liked to have been different or improved upon when you were vaping a year ago. If it's more battery power, they have that available. If it's less fiddling with cartridges, there are improvements available for that. It really is a whole new world to explore. And even though you aren't new to e-cigs, the ECF library is a great place to gain a lot of very valuable information and a good place to get caught up in all the new hardware available.

And remember when you're too tired to read or post about e-cigs you can always stalk the mailman. That's what a lot of us do when we aren't on the forum. ;)

Happy Vaping!!! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread