Back and still frustrated - yay

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
LOL .. well after all, I only make wine, not harder alcohol such as pisco.... No matter, my wine is good enough for me and will put you on your backside if you drink enough of it (which I often do).... Don't blame any hangovers on me ;)

Pisco will make you p**p yourself with two shots so yeah lol it also tastes really good. Made from grapes too :p

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Pisco will make you p**p yourself with two shots so yeah lol it also tastes really good. Made from grapes too :p

Well, I am a vintner who just happens to also be a vaper... I have spent years making booze (mostly wines)... I have never made pisco, but am certainly game to learning how to make the stuff.... If you ever get any info on the production of it, then share it with me and I will make the stuff ;)

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
    Lima, Peru

Oh god, lol xD

Well, I am a vintner who just happens to also be a vaper... I have spent years making booze (mostly wines)... I have never made pisco, but am certainly game to learning how to make the stuff.... If you ever get any info on the production of it, then share it with me and I will make the stuff ;)

I’ll gladly find something you can experiment with. However, don’t expect good results. The trick to getting the right flavor of pisco is doing it with Peruvian grapes :(

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    That's weird. My last SS coil lasted at least 6 months with weekly wick changes and cleanings including dry burns. I just use simple 26ga single strand round wire though. Really it still "worked" when I replaced it, but performance was degrading. Also there are a lot of different SS types, I specifically use SS316L. Maybe that could be a difference.
    No, I use 316L. I know the coil would continue to work indefinitely, and many use a coil for months. It's just that I can taste the difference after a dry burn. Tried it many times when I first started, and recently tried it again a few times. I'm about to rebuild one now that dry fired last week. If you look at a new coil magnified vs. a dry fired one, you can see the surface is nowhere near as smooth. So if I inspect a new coil after 3 tanks, the coil looks much cleaner than a dry fired coil after 3 tanks. The taste difference is kind of minor at first, but I think at lower wattages (8.5W @ .58ohm), the effect is magnified compared to high wattage, high volume vaping. If I used anything exotic, I'd probably dry fire, but I make a dozen simple coils at a time in a couple of minutes, so no biggie.

But back to the original topic, I think you nailed it. I'm sure a big part of her problem was vaping it dry, trying to use all the juice. I didn't really think about exposing the coil to air, but was thinking like emptying your gas tank in your car, you're getting down to the bottom where all the total dissolved solids are. Either way, it can't be good for a coil. She's bound to get better results now.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    stols001, as I was thinking. Rayon? No, I don't like that idea.

Still got to get into rebuildables at some point though, was wondering what anyone thought about Canna Cotton?
    A gimmick to appeal to the hemp crowd. Says it withstands temp better than cotton, but still contains 80% cotton. If you reach the temp that will singe cotton, you still have 80% of it in there, so how does adding hemp help? Adding hemp won't keep the cotton that is in it from being affected. No empirical data presented at all to show why it would be any better than cotton or rayon. At least we know that rayon has a higher ignition point, and because of it's more continuous/uninterrupted, smoother fibers, wicks more efficiently than cotton. All that said, I prefer the taste of cotton.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    PBusardo performed a test comparing various types of wicks - Rayon, Japanese Cotton, Org Cotton and Hemp. Long video, tests start around 8 min in.

Personally I have not found any difference between Rayon and Japanese pads as far as wicking or even flavor goes. Flavor tests were conducted blindly using identical equipment and juice. But do believe Rayon has the upper hand as far as longevity goes. Although in regards to this topic of burnt vapes, I suspect @ScottP may have identified the issue in letting the amount of juice fall below a functional level, especially with the GV Zeus.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Oh god, lol xD

tenor.gif

Someone mention my name?

• Love
    Reactions: PatVapes

bubba106

ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2018
    I have the wismec dual kit too and love it. I use the wismec mesh coils that are available for it. They are better than my falcon m1 coils to me. They last a long time. P.S. like everyone says, don't let the juice get to low. When I switch to a new juice it's usually fine, you'll be vaping along and you will taste the flavor switch from the old to the new. I don't like wasting juice either.

Reactions: stols001

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    95% of my juices are 0nic :( I rarely use 3mg juices
    Just a thought....I figured if your vaping 10mls a day at 0 nic, then perhaps if you tried something like 6mg, then you would only vape 3 MLS a day, which would definitely add to coil life and at the same time reduce total juice being inhaled. But I'm sure after vaping 0 nic, something that high would be to harsh unless you tried it in salts

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    I haven’t used it so...
    But,

It’s either;
    Power,
    Airflow,
    Or equipment

Check the airflow and make sure nothing gets blocked. If it’s nice with new bottles and then goes whack then your power is too high or your coils r duds. All from the same box? Or from the same place?

First though, turn the power down or widen the airflow (or both) gl

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    @PatVapes

You look like a completely different person in your latest avatar, in contrast to your two previous ones in which both looked like the same person.

That’s because I’m smiling and using a filter on this pic. Either way I’m sorry to offend you and disappoint you with my looks. I’ll keep that in mind next time I decide to post on a vaping forum.

• Love
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread