Back Into Vaping Whats The Best Tank Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
There are all sorts of tanks now. The most popular budget style tank is a DCT (Dual Coil Tank), that uses a cartomizer with a hole punched in the casing running down the center. That lead to all sorts of different tanks, that are basically the same.

If you want something more fidgety with a steep learning curve, I suggest that you look into rebuildable atomizers. They're not really for newbies, but I'm assuming that you're not so, since you've got a ProVari sitting in your closet. ;)

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
I've got to agree with Xaiver here- There have been a lot of improvements lately.

The DCT is among the biggest improvements out there. I've been using a few of them successfully for awhile, and there are also tanks for single-coil cartos out there as well. Prices range from $6-8 and up for the plastic ones up to $50+ for Glass or small-production-run units.

**Edit: I was unaware of the V1 version of the provari having a 2.5 amp switch. If you have the V1, I cannot recommend the DCT's unless you swap the dual coil carto out with an XL single coil. Thanks to TJ and his post below for pointing that out!**

Phiniac is the name-brand glass-tank maker. Smoktech makes the cheap DCT's that most people have been using.

For the cutting-edge, the Genesis-style tanks are just starting to be a mass-produced item. They can be expensive and hard-to-get (read: LONG waiting list/SHORT stock times). provape.com will be stocking the Z-atty Pro, which is a Genesis-style made to go with your Provari, and here is a message from their subforum:

"These will go on sale next week for $149.95. Estimated for Tuesday at 1pm pst. We will have a limited number of units available."

I would say conservatively that they will sell out within the hour that they are released, probably sooner.

The new DID clone is the most cost-effective and easiest way to get into Gen style systems. It is probably the first mass-produced unit of its kind. I would get on the list in the co-ops to get one at a great price (I paid $9.82 for mine a few days ago), or check out discountvapers for a reasonable price and less wait-time (they claim they will be in stock very soon @ $25).

The genesis systems have a learning curve, but tutorials are easy to find both here on the forums and on youtube.

Best of luck, Happy Vaping!! Congrats on your return- and Provari's are still one of the best units available, so you made a great choice there!

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    That DCT is the reason that there is now a V2 of the Provari. Your V1 with it's 2.5 Amp limit will not power them properly. You will just get a bunch of "E2" error messages with them. I still feel that a J-tank, or like normal carto tank, with a 3ohm carto is a far better choice. The ViVi Nova tank (rebuildable CE4) is also quite popular these days. You can send your Provari to Provape and have it upgraded to a V2 with the 3.5 Amp limit if you think you would like to play with dual coil tanks however.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread