Back to the basics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrell6888

ECF Veteran
Well, I started with the 510. That was good, I quit a few times and relapsed, and moved on to the V2. While I love the hit that the V2 gives me, the button is a pain. Sometimes I have to press the button really lightly, sometimes really hard. I've messed with it every which way I can think of, but It's never consistently good, and irritates me a lot at least once a day.

But I kept using it, and had quit smoking for the most part. Then the other day I left my batt's and my charger at my friends house, and he had left for work. My only choice was to come home and use my Mom's 510. I remember giving it up for the low batt life, and the decent throat hit, but now I've been using it for like three days and I'm growing back used to it. I like it's small size, and with the PCC the batt's actually last me longer.

So I'm debating ordering another PCC and 2 batt's...just enough to give me access to the 510. I have atty's that work with my 510 and my V2. I'm just not sure...I gave it up last time because it didn't fully cure my cigarette need, but I was also on lower dosage. Just wondering about your oppinions about this.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well, I started with the 510. That was good, I quit a few times and relapsed, and moved on to the V2. While I love the hit that the V2 gives me, the button is a pain. Sometimes I have to press the button really lightly, sometimes really hard. I've messed with it every which way I can think of, but It's never consistently good, and irritates me a lot at least once a day.

But I kept using it, and had quit smoking for the most part. Then the other day I left my batt's and my charger at my friends house, and he had left for work. My only choice was to come home and use my Mom's 510. I remember giving it up for the low batt life, and the decent throat hit, but now I've been using it for like three days and I'm growing back used to it. I like it's small size, and with the PCC the batt's actually last me longer.

So I'm debating ordering another PCC and 2 batt's...just enough to give me access to the 510. I have atty's that work with my 510 and my V2. I'm just not sure...I gave it up last time because it didn't fully cure my cigarette need, but I was also on lower dosage. Just wondering about your oppinions about this.

It was unfortunate that you chose the V2 because of it known button problems. Apparently there is supposed to be a fix for it, the addition of a washer. Contact puresmoker and ask them about it.

The difference being that your 510 is a 3.7v and the V2 is a 5v. What do you like better 3.7v or 5v?

Garrell6888

ECF Veteran
I do enjoy the 5v, but the 3v cut's it for me. It's not as good of a hit, but I get more hit's from the 510 due to the lowered niquid usage, and the 100% consistancy. It's also smaller and easier to use.

I used to think that I needed the higher voltage to quit smoking, but I can use the 510 with my 24mg/ml niquid and it hits the spot.

I am aware of the faulty button, but when I got it, it wasn't a know problem, since the device was basically brand new. I'm unsure of the potential of other 5v models, but I sent for the new button enhancement, and when I get it I will probably be able to use the V2 without trouble.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I do enjoy the 5v, but the 3v cut's it for me. It's not as good of a hit, but I get more hit's from the 510 due to the lowered niquid usage, and the 100% consistancy. It's also smaller and easier to use.

I used to think that I needed the higher voltage to quit smoking, but I can use the 510 with my 24mg/ml niquid and it hits the spot.

I am aware of the faulty button, but when I got it, it wasn't a know problem, since the device was basically brand new. I'm unsure of the potential of other 5v models, but I sent for the new button enhancement, and when I get it I will probably be able to use the V2 without trouble.

If you enjoy the 510, you might want to look into getting fitted out with some mega 510 attys and batteries like the kind that they sell at totally wicked. The mega 510 attys are a bit larger to accommodate the mega 510 cart which holds more liquid. I have the mega attys and eny them very much on my Ego and other mods.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
It was unfortunate that you chose the V2 because of it known button problems. Apparently there is supposed to be a fix for it, the addition of a washer. Contact puresmoker and ask them about it.

The difference being that your 510 is a 3.7v and the V2 is a 5v. What do you like better 3.7v or 5v?

The Prodigy V2 button issue has been totally fixed now for several weeks. It works like a charm. You can either fix it yourself with the addition of a 20 cent #60 plumbing washer, or contact Puresmoker on their web site, as they are providing free upgraded switches for anyone who purchased a V2 and is having a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread