Status
Not open for further replies.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
:( My Nicostick worked well for a day. Then having parts move around by taking the cart on and off (I haven't epoxied yet), I guess my wires wiggled. Turns out, I think some of my solder connections are cold. So last night I web searched "how to solder". Read everything I could. Didn't realize that you have to heat up the object to receive the solder. I was melting the solder with the iron onto the item. Oh well, time to try another. It worked great while it worked. Tons of vapor.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
:( My Nicostick worked well for a day. Then having parts move around by taking the cart on and off (I haven't epoxied yet), I guess my wires wiggled. Turns out, I think some of my solder connections are cold. So last night I web searched "how to solder". Read everything I could. Didn't realize that you have to heat up the object to receive the solder. I was melting the solder with the iron onto the item. Oh well, time to try another. It worked great while it worked. Tons of vapor.

A sticky about soldering would be nice.

Key thing is: heat the parts, then apply solder; about 2 seconds.

There is more to it though ;)

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Kina--When someone does a good and extensive video on soldering for our purposes ---then I will do a sticky. There have been a few video's, but they really do not address the type of soldering we are doing here. When I see one of those---I will sticky it for sure---------Sun

Ok - I'm sure someone can do that well ...

Don't forget to use lead-free solder. And to heat then solder each part first; then second heat them together to make a join (maybe no more solder required at this point).

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Kina--When someone does a good and extensive video on soldering for our purposes ---then I will do a sticky. There have been a few video's, but they really do not address the type of soldering we are doing here. When I see one of those---I will sticky it for sure---------Sun

There is a really good video Allure posted in Sign up for on line mod classes.

YouTube - How and WHY to Solder Correctly

500KV

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2009
Chattanooga
This pretty well covers it...

Uh-OH stormy..I was a little slow on the draw..Sorry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread