Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I can only comment on Backwoods Brew, but I am quite familiar with most of their tobacco line-up. My all day, every day vape is BWB Virginia. It's the one that got me off the stinkies almost 2 years ago, and I have never tired of the flavor. Just awesome stuff. I am also a big fan of Casablanca and Backo. Honey Flue is also excellent, but the flavor was light for me. Still a very good vape, though.

If you like fruit flavors, try their Bluebacko, BWB Blend, Cherry Tobacco, Applewood, and Orchard Frost. All of these are light on tobacco, as the fruit takes the lead. These weren't really my style, but they all tasted very good. The Blue, BWB, and Cherry were all on the sweet side. Applewood was reminiscent of a tangy green apple. Orchard Frost is a wonderful and complex blend that keeps you guessing, and each time you vape it, you taste something different. I never tried Melonbacko, but it's safe to say that this would be another good fruit+tobacco vape.

555 and 555 Exotic are perennial favorites among ECf members. 555 is a unique take on a nutty tobacco, and 555E adds a Turkish tobacco base that just makes the juice sing. These 2 juices are unlike anything else I have ever tasted. These are what I would consider the love it or hate it tobacco juices from BWB, but they are definitely worth trying at least once.

Adirondack is a deeper and darker tobacco that most resembles a burning cigarette. I definitely taste tobacco absolute in this one, which is a dense Bulgarian tobacco extract that adds an ashy/smoky nuance. Not my thing, but many like it.

Smoke takes like sweet hickory or mesquite wood that is being burned in a meat smoker or BBQ grill. Others describe it as the smell coming from a campfire. When I vaped this one, all I could think of was the smell you get when you open a package of hickory smoked bacon. As tasty as it was, it just wasn't my thing.

Lastly....Maple Tobacco. OK, I have read tons of reviews that say this one is delicious, and that it strikes a great balance between a woodsy tobacco with the sweetness and bite of maple syrup, but honestly, all I got was the taste of mud. I am wholly convinced that something went wrong when my bottle was mixed, but it tasted to me like i was chewing on a stick that had been swirled in brown muck. I swear that Don forgot to add the maple syrup or something. :(

I never did try Hazelnut Tobacco, so I can't comment on that one.

Hope this helps in making your decision easier (or harder :p). If you want more in-depth descriptions, just ask.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Space, does the blueberry ever tone down in blue backo? I have a bottle in my drawer and I keep waiting for the blueberry to mellow out a little. And I do think that something went awry with your maple, as when I've had it, it's pancake syrup through and through.

The blueberry never really dies down. It takes a month or so, but eventually the Backo flavor becomes noticeable, but it never becomes the dominant flavor. Give Bluebacko 2 full months to steep before you make a final judgement on it, but it will definitely stay berry blue. :blush:

As for the Maple Tobacco, yeah, I am pretty peeved that I never had a chance to taste the juice as it should have been. I tried it a long time ago, and had it been right, it would probably have been one of my favorites, as I love NLV Gold, which is a maple waffle tobacco. As I have now moved on to DIY juices, I am no longer trying new flavors from vendors, and only sticking to pre-made juices that I absolutely adore, so I doubt that I will ever have the opportunity to try MT as it should be. I also hate leaving a bad review for it, but that is why I include the caveat about a possible mixing error. Just bad luck, I guess.

SilentVapidity

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Minnesota
The blueberry never really dies down. It takes a month or so, but eventually the Backo flavor becomes noticeable, but it never becomes the dominant flavor. Give Bluebacko 2 full months to steep before you make a final judgement on it, but it will definitely stay berry blue. :blush:

As for the Maple Tobacco, yeah, I am pretty peeved that I never had a chance to taste the juice as it should have been. I tried it a long time ago, and had it been right, it would probably have been one of my favorites, as I love NLV Gold, which is a maple waffle tobacco. As I have now moved on to DIY juices, I am no longer trying new flavors from vendors, and only sticking to pre-made juices that I absolutely adore, so I doubt that I will ever have the opportunity to try MT as it should be. I also hate leaving a bad review for it, but that is why I include the caveat about a possible mixing error. Just bad luck, I guess.

Thanks for the info, and I'll keep my eye on that blue backo! BWB has so many good flavors with good reputations and recommendations that I'm sure the OP will find something that hits the spot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread