Not open for further replies.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I love my Backwoods Brew... I have bought more flavors and enjoyed more flavors from BWB than anywhere to date. It's in my top 5... and in my daily rotation everyday.

The other night - late night - I was vaping the last of my delicious Applewood... and the closest liquid in my grasp from my bed was my GF's Backwoods Brew Watermelon... (all my girlfriend vapes is BWB and VB watermelon)

I thought "why not" and I dripped some Watermelon on top of my applewood and WOW!

The next morning, I immediately asked Don if he'd make an applewood/watermelon tobacco concoction for me.

...and that he did! and of course he added a bit of this and that to keep me guessing.

The result is fantastic.
As always, a full throat of vapor/plenty of TH (Presence).

Flavor...
If you like Applewood, it's quite similar, just more twangy - a little more throat hit. At first, it tastes like a tobacco vape, and the aftertaste is a mellow watermelon.

Yum

Awesome job Don.

At the moment, the only way to order one (or more) of Don's fabulous brews is to go to the supplier thread. His own website is in progress.

Who will like BWB?
I think BWB will appeal to someone who doesn't require or desire any ultra sweet or ultra intense flavor.

Don's emphasis is on vapability... Lots of vapor and smooth TH... all day vape juice.

BWB gies you some value too. He fills the bottle to the top, so you get a couple extra ML's.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I love my Backwoods Brew... I have bought more flavors and enjoyed more flavors from BWB than anywhere to date. It's in my top 5... and in my daily rotation everyday.

The other night - late night - I was vaping the last of my delicious Applewood... and the closest liquid in my grasp from my bed was my GF's Backwoods Brew Watermelon... (all my girlfriend vapes is BWB and VB watermelon)

I thought "why not" and I dripped some Watermelon on top of my applewood and WOW!

The next morning, I immediately asked Don if he'd make an applewood/watermelon tobacco concoction for me.

...and that he did! and of course he added a bit of this and that to keep me guessing.

The result is fantastic.
As always, a full throat of vapor/plenty of TH (Presence).

Flavor...
If you like Applewood, it's quite similar, just more twangy - a little more throat hit. At first, it tastes like a tobacco vape, and the aftertaste is a mellow watermelon.

Yum

Awesome job Don.

At the moment, the only way to order one (or more) of Don's fabulous brews is to go to the supplier thread. His own website is in progress.

Who will like BWB?
I think BWB will appeal to someone who doesn't require or desire any ultra sweet or ultra intense flavor.

Don's emphasis is on vapability... Lots of vapor and smooth TH... all day vape juice.

BWB gies you some value too. He fills the bottle to the top, so you get a couple extra ML's.

I haven't tried watermelon yet but I can say "Ditto" to everything you've said in this post. I can't brag on BWB enough. You have to experience it to understand the uniqueness of his blends. There is absolutely NO perfume undertones and they get even better with age, although mine don't get to age very long. :laugh:

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
www.last.fm
Seriously, this tobacco melon is quite good...

Think Applewood with slightly more twang in it... It tastes as much like watermelon as Applewood tastes like apple... You know what I mean?

I am actually favoring it and I do have 11 different flavors from Don...

The melon really gives it a crisp bite and intensifies the TH.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
www.last.fm
BB, I think you'll like BWB... get the honey flue nut, malty and applewood... maybe even his RY4 to start. If you like coffee, try the espresso.

Something else really cool about Don's flavors that I was mentioning in a PM to someone the other day is that Don uses 18 different vendors for flavoring... He gets his PG and VG from different vendors.
He is truly one of those people that wants to craft "the best" product he can.

Some vendors seem to lean heavy on Loranns or Flavourart or PA... and they are all good... but what this tells me is that Don's Brews are all very unique. The common denominator is the perfect balance of TH and vapor - and overall quality of the liquid...
...but I love that each of his flavors tend to have their own signature rather than sharing a common flavor signature... all of his vapes that have caramel don't have the same caramel taste... and most importantly, all of his tobacco based vapes truly have their own signature.

Last edited:

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
www.last.fm
I hope you like the Tobacamelon... I ordered 30 more mls last night.

Earlier I wrote:
Who will like BWB?

A few months ago... and just a few months into vaping, I started to believe some vendors cover up lower performing juice with all of this unnecessary flavor... they just kill the juice with flavor... the result is sometimes poor vapor, clogged attties and a sour stomach from all of the flavors... one of the things that drew me to BWB early on was Don's post about how he starting making his own juice for similar reasons...
and BWB is definitely a juice that performs well in terms of vapor, temperature, atties etc... and flavor is always there too...

...and I think this is true to a large extent. You see a lot of DIYers and veterans vaping BWB... the performance of the juice is phenomenal... but OMGosh... Jules... you were so right! That espresso is absolutely packed with flavors... I do love it... but after vaping so many of Don's other juices, I wasn't expecting so sweet and creamy and full bodied... It's a great contrast to Don's other brews that lean towards the all day vape... in other words, you can vape his brews all day without weirding your taste buds or stomach out.

Don's espresso is mighty good. Definitely his dessert masterpiece.
It isn't sticky sweet, but it's sweet enough and very flavorful...
I liken it to a coffee based RY4 rather than a tobacco based RY4...

Last edited:

toadyfatz

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
NC
I'll come in and say I love BWB also. I started vaping about 2 months ago and started with V4L prefilled cartos and then tried blanks and BWB juice and I was hooked!! I have 555, Applewood tobacco, Honey Flue Nut and Espresso and they are all great!! So much better than what I was getting with the prefilled cartos. Tried a few other suppliers and I still go back to BWB!

joelongwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
East End of Long Island
Started off the day with BWB Dulce De Leche (whatever the hell that is!), but whatever it is, it's a wonderful, smooth, creamy vape with clouds of thick vapor. At about noon I switched over to Applewood and have been happily vaping it all day. Tonight, down at the beach, it'll be Espresso. GREAT stuff.....and a GREAT guy! Thanks, Don. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread