Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
Set up. Prodigy V3.1 6volt Standard Joye SuperT-Tip 12MG nic
I have trouble describing the flavor because it really doesn't have any discernible flavors. I was hooked on Marlboro's for well over 15 years and if you asked me to describe the flavor how could I.

Malty has a flavor that is made for vaping. I believe this juice was created, designed and engineered for one purpose and one purpose only. To be vaped and seriously enjoyed over the long haul. Purpose built is one way I would describe this juice. This juice doesn't try to borrow or steal from any other design. Its unique to a degree rarely seen in E-Juice. This juice makes for a great all day vape or a mixer just like the site said. Its very light and refreshing and most of all satisfying. It has good flavor and excellent vapor. Its slightly sweet and very slightly dry and seem to taste a little like seltzer water all the way down to its fizzyness. It has a faint yet crisp under tone of very light tobacco that is almost hard to taste. This subtle tones come together in a way that make me marvel each inhale and exhale. Also providing plenty of throat hit on longer draws.

Malty Is one of the best E Juices I have had in over a year of vaping. I have been searching for something like this for a long time. A juice that isn't a fruit that isn't a tobacco. Most all juice out there are so simple. PG + Grape= Grape Ejuice and so on.

For me vaping has to be more than that. So I have tried and tried to find something that is more refined, something that has been perfected to the highest degree of vapability. A juice that is complex and appealing to someone like me with a more mature palate. I have found that 75 Percent of vendors are crap shooters. They slap something together and throw it out there and eventually there sites look more like a dictionary or an alien races data base containing all the flavors found on planet earth. With Don from BWB his menu is more like that of a gourmet restaurant staffed with culinary experts. There only putting out dishes that they feel passionate and confident about. That's not to say what I like you will like or everyone's going to like this or that juice. Taste is very very subjective. What I love you could easily hate. And Don't get me wrong I have come across now about 8 juices so far from many other vendors that blew me away. Thats out of well over a hundred. I'm picky but I will vape the whole bottle of anything 95 percent of the time. Shout out to VaporCast with the best Fire & Ice ever made imo. PureSmokers Tonic line Chocolate Mint Awesome. EliquidPlanets Essences, particularly there Strawberry dreamsicle and Fields which I have ordered well over 300 dollars worth of. AVE Boobas and C%D Great. All great vendors all great juice for me.

What I have found with BWB is a culinary master of E-Juiceology. His menu itself is a master piece worth noting. BWB is doing something special and it shows when you dont see the random crap shoots piled on the menu. A good chef knows that somethings are best at its simplest form to get the best flavor possible. Some dishes require a lot more depth and creativity. Finding an all day vape is so much harder than finding the best risotto in town. You may find it but could you eat it all day everyday for the rest of your life. I could vape Malty from BWB all day for the rest of my life and be happy to do so. Malty is so simple on the pallet yet so complex in its simplicity. It reminds me of my days of smoking. Growing tobacco is so simple and yet it all tastes so different. How its different is a mystery that complexes me. That's how it tastes.

All in all I have to give this juice a 10. If this was my first vape I'm not certain I would have fell in love with it like I have. This juice found me at the perfect time in my vaping experience and has further enhanced my experience. If your new to vaping and you like this juice please let me know because I'm thinking I could convert friends and family with this but I'm not sure if its a winner in the newb department.

One of my first juice orders was from BWB about one year ago. I came to this place the ECF and asked a simple question in the newb section. Where can I get a good FlueCured Tobacco. One of the BWB FB's told me BWB. I ordered it and loved it along with the AppleWood. Since then though I have been all over the place trying juices so that I could see what all the differences are and to find the best juices out there. I'm full circle now and I'm going to settle down here in the BackWoods for a while and try all the menu has to offer that I haven't already tried. So far I have had the Malty, Malty Toffee. Tobacco Menthol. Honey Flue, AppleWood, Vanilla Bean, Cherry Tobacco, I liked them all, some more than others and some A whole lot more than others. All most all those I had about one year ago and haven't been back to BWB since. I set out to see if there was anything out there that could top BWB juice. What I found out was nobody makes a Strawberry flavor like ELP. Nobody makes a Boobas like AVE. Nobody makes Fire&Ice like PS or VaporCast. I found that all the juices in between where not for me. Now I have come full circle and I'm back exactly where I started.

It wouldn't surprise me if in 10 years I see the maker of this Malty juice on the evening vaping TV show doing a throw down in time square with some other great vendor with a secret ingredient against the Iron Chefs of E-Juice of in future.

Last edited:

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
Nice review, Dock. :)

I think you're spot on about the sweet but dry with fizzy sensation. I liken it to the after sensation of eating a citrus fruit. Malty is some seriously good stuff. It's my all day every day vape.

If you're looking for a similiar experience, Ecopure Regular or Rich will get the job done for you. Malty is often out of stock, so it's good to have a backup juice that performs in a similiar way.

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
I'm new to vaping so have not tried many flavors yet. I do have some juices in transit, one being Malty, after your review I'm more curious than ever to try it. Did you let yours steep for a week?

Thanks everyone for the replies. As for steeping . No I did not steep it and I love it. It does get a little better after a few days.

As for Dons strawberry I'm going to try it but I have already tried a dozen vendors strawberry and none of them could hold a candle to ELPs Essences IMO. Although VaporCast Strawberry Peach was fantastic.

spike39

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Colorado
What mg are you all using? I've been using 12 mg for a long time with 18mg thrown in once in a while. I want to drop to 6mg. I'm going to order some malty and malty toffee - can anyone comment on the TH from 12 to 6? Is it that big a deal with these juices? Thanks, Alex

Not too much throat hit at that level. I've dropped all my juice orders down to 6 mg. But i load up my Malty in a MAP tank on a 5 volt mod and that makes it a warmer, billowing vape-o-racious satisfying experience.

When I want to play around with TH, I load up BWB Mellonbacco and @ 3.7 v.

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
What mg are you all using? I've been using 12 mg for a long time with 18mg thrown in once in a while. I want to drop to 6mg. I'm going to order some malty and malty toffee - can anyone comment on the TH from 12 to 6? Is it that big a deal with these juices? Thanks, Alex

I would imagine you will get less throat hit at 6 especially with a light flavor like Malty. Also with this flavor the Nicotine its self is a part of the flavoring. Less nic could make this less good. Im using it at 12 and its providing a good throat hit on long draws. Just the way I like it. A little kick at the end of a nice long draw.

Last edited:

AlDynamite

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Illinois/Metro East
Not too much throat hit at that level. I've dropped all my juice orders down to 6 mg. But i load up my Malty in a MAP tank on a 5 volt mod and that makes it a warmer, billowing vape-o-racious satisfying experience.

When I want to play around with TH, I load up BWB Mellonbacco and @ 3.7 v.

I would imagine you will get less throat hit at 6 especially with a light flavor like Malty. Also with this flavor the Nicotine its self is a part of the flavoring. Less nic could make this less good. Im using it at 12 and its providing a good throat hit on long draws. Just the way I like it. A little kick at the end of a nice long draw.

Thanks guys. I'll probably go with 12 the first time, see what happens after that.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I have a very dated Malty Brew 6mg... almost a year... I've kept it around. At first i thought of it as you say, a nice light mellow vape, one you could also mix with just about anything... to mellow it out.

then there were times when it would seem like it had too much TH... ( i don't like TH).

seems my taste buds in the TH dept. change... weird.

after all this time, I think i need a fresh bottle to see what Malty really is actually... I'm not a tobacco guy either, and i think that's where the majority of BWB's sales are,,, the coffees are great imo too.

I didn't care for his, or hardly anyones', fruit vapes... but that's me...ymmv.

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
I have a very dated Malty Brew 6mg... almost a year... I've kept it around. At first i thought of it as you say, a nice light mellow vape, one you could also mix with just about anything... to mellow it out.

then there were times when it would seem like it had too much TH... ( i don't like TH).

seems my taste buds in the TH dept. change... weird.

after all this time, I think i need a fresh bottle to see what Malty really is actually... I'm not a tobacco guy either, and i think that's where the majority of BWB's sales are,,, the coffees are great imo too.

I didn't care for his, or hardly anyones', fruit vapes... but that's me...ymmv.

I know exactly what your talking about here. I had some AppleWood that at first was the best thing ever. Then after it steeped for to long the throat hit extreme.

Last edited:

zotzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Virginia
Okay, I've now officially read one too many Malty reviews, so bit the bullet and just ordered 30ml. (And some Malty Toffee, AND some Nutty....although only half as much of each). Y'all are killin' me, but I will either be in Malty heaven, or add to what will one day be a PIF BONANZA! :)

thanks for the great review....really....I think. LOL

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I have this 15ml bottle of applewood that has 8+ months of steep time...
The flavor and TH are insane...
It's almost unvapable for me... you know I am a guy who likes my flavor to be more remote ;-)
Great stuff though.

I hope you like the malty zot - for me, malty was always less about the taste and more about the performance... it is one of the best simulations of real smoking for me... it is a great mixer with any BWB fruit... and it is also useful to add to other juices that lack in quality... I frequently added it to some of the cheaper chinese liquids I had etc... great stuff

If you are new to BWB... take notice of the performance factor... how it heats up slow and evenly on your atty... consistent juice... etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread