Bacon: PA & HC. Two pigs better than one;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
I've been using a little Perfumer's Apprentice Bacon in my pipe and cigar type mixes. It adds some flavor depth. I just bought some Health Cabin bacon. The two flavorings work well together. To make a music analogy; instead of a note, I've now got a chord. The PA is mostly in the lower midrange. The HC gives a higher note and stronger, a lower note. The HC is a more concentrated flavor.

These are of course water based flavors but I now get a bit of a greasy taste, quite appropriate in a cigar.

PorkSong.jpg

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I will keep in mind trying Bacon with a tobacco blend, but as of right now I can't take P.A's bacon flavor ... strong smokey, greasy pork is what it takes like to me. I genuinely thought I was going to be sick after a few puffs ... tried it at a lower concentration first 10%, and it was like watery pork. But again, perhaps it would be a useful blender.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
I will keep in mind trying Bacon with a tobacco blend, but as of right now I can't take P.A's bacon flavor ... strong smokey, greasy pork is what it takes like to me. I genuinely thought I was going to be sick after a few puffs ... tried it at a lower concentration first 10%, and it was like watery pork. But again, perhaps it would be a useful blender.

Used straight, I'm certain you're right. I made the mistake of doing that with a TW "roast chicken" flavor. I was sick to my stomach for at least half an hour. I'm suggesting around 1 or 2% of the bacon in a complex mix. If there's enough that it tastes distinctly piggy, you've used too much.

If its completely put you off for vaping and you cook, try a tiny amount in a tomato soup or in an olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. It is after all a food flavoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread