The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Bacon: PA & HC. Two pigs better than one;-)

Discussion in 'Flavor Reviews' started by KonaNeil, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KonaNeil

KonaNeil Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    I've been using a little Perfumer's Apprentice Bacon in my pipe and cigar type mixes. It adds some flavor depth. I just bought some Health Cabin bacon. The two flavorings work well together. To make a music analogy; instead of a note, I've now got a chord. The PA is mostly in the lower midrange. The HC gives a higher note and stronger, a lower note. The HC is a more concentrated flavor.

These are of course water based flavors but I now get a bit of a greasy taste, quite appropriate in a cigar.

PorkSong.jpg

2. Nikkita6

Nikkita6 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2011
    New York
    I will keep in mind trying Bacon with a tobacco blend, but as of right now I can't take P.A's bacon flavor ... strong smokey, greasy pork is what it takes like to me. I genuinely thought I was going to be sick after a few puffs ... tried it at a lower concentration first 10%, and it was like watery pork. But again, perhaps it would be a useful blender.

3. KonaNeil

KonaNeil Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Used straight, I'm certain you're right. I made the mistake of doing that with a TW "roast chicken" flavor. I was sick to my stomach for at least half an hour. I'm suggesting around 1 or 2% of the bacon in a complex mix. If there's enough that it tastes distinctly piggy, you've used too much.

If its completely put you off for vaping and you cook, try a tiny amount in a tomato soup or in an olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. It is after all a food flavoring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.