Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Hey, all,

Just got my long-awaited and anticipated shipment of ecopure in, and OMG, what a dissapointment!

I had gotten it before, and loved it. This shipment (six bottles of rich) *all* smell and taste chemical-like, almost like alcohol, or perfume base... Yuck!!!

Now I'm without anything to vape again and have to go back to analogs until I get another shipment of VG stuff (I'm PG-sensitive)

What I am wondering about is this: I noticed several people complaining about this "mediciny" taste from a variety of vendors. Ecopure is not from China, so it can't be all the same bad batch from a manufacturer or something like that...

Can it be that the shipments are overheating during transport - and just go bad?

Arrrrgggg....

Briar. (getting *really* ...... off now for getting stuck with analogs again)

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Does anyone know which USA companies actually cook their own nicotine juice from the ground up?

Ecopure does make their own juice in the UK per their web site.

I have seen the posts of foul eliquids from other vendors and it is concerning.
Wish we could get to the bottom of that issue.

Some suggested airing out the foul smelling liquid.

I had one bottle of juice at room temp (sometime quite warm) for 6 months at it did not develop any problems.

Last edited:

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Got an order of 5 bottles coming in the next couple of days, sure didn't want to hear that. They are Rich also. Are they taking care of it for you? I do know liquid doesn't like heat, I keep mine refrigerated. By the way, never had that taste.

Don

They said to send it back and they'll replace it. I just ran over to the post office and mailed it. God only knows when I'll get more of their juice. Innovapor is not known for lightning-fast shipping... But we'll see. I sure hope this is a one-time thing, I love ecopure.

It's *got* to be something with the shipping. Just yesterday, I think, people were complaining that some of their nuvapor juice smelled like that, only worse, because of the flavoring. I can well imagine.

When I think about it, it's been pretty cool this summer in the northeast, until the last couple of days. My previous shipment may well have been kept at cooler temps - now it's hot, and bam.

I'm supposed to get another shipment from a different vendor tomorrow or the day after. Making me nervous...

Maybe there is a top temp these juices can take, and beyond that some reaction happens between the nic and the medium. Who knows. It can't be the particular flavor or base - it seems to happen with all of them.

Briar.

Briar.

Island Refugee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Hawaii and Michigan
Got an order of 5 bottles coming in the next couple of days, sure didn't want to hear that. They are Rich also. Are they taking care of it for you? I do know liquid doesn't like heat, I keep mine refrigerated. By the way, never had that taste.

Don
.......I have read different opinions here about storage of eLiquids. Some say NOT to refrigerate or freeze. How long have you left your juice in the fridge for storage, and no problems? Thanks

Lazarus

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Treasure Coast, FL
Some generous person could put a sample of good juice in the attic for a few days to see if heat is a problem.

I did a freezer test for a day and my juice didn't freeze or loose power.

This stuff is used in antifreeze you know, so I'm not suprised...:D

Got a couple of juice shipments recently from North Florida to South Florida. When I took the bottles out of the package, they were noticeably HOT :evil: Prolly like 100 + F.

I let them chill in my fridge for a few hours, then vaped as usual. No problems.

Both VG & PG juice BTW.

Last edited:

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Last edited:

Roses

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Georgia, USA
When did you get them? They aren't supposed to do that, the normal flavor is much like RY4, but a bit cleaner and smoother. Did you send them back?

Briar.

I finally recieved them the last week of July. It was odd... the first 2 3ml samples I tried (medium strength rich flavor) were fine, the other 3 (2 low rich and 1 ultra high rich) stank to high heaven.
I didn't bother sending them back because it was only 3 out of 5 of the 3ml bulk order deal, and it took forever to get them in the first place. I'm not going back to innovapor, though. There are too many other suppliers out there who are better at customer service, and the ecopure didn't tickle my fancy enough to put up with the BS of dealing with IV.

Last edited:

JerseyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
South Florida
I recently received juice shipments from two different vendors that were both unusable - very strong taste/smell of perfume or chemicals, stank to high heaven. I could smell it with the bottle caps still on. And none of the flavors remotely resembled what they were supposed to be. Just thinking about it makes me a little nauseous.

I also received several shipments from the Widow and one from Electronic Ash in the last couple of weeks, and they were fine. I live in South Florida, and all of these shipments sat in my mailbox in 100 degree heat until I got home from work. The bottles were hot to the touch when I opened the packages. So I don't think heat was the issue.

I actually think the issue is DeKang - the two vendors with the perfumey juice both use DeKang brand. The Widow doesn't use DeKang (hers comes directly from Joye) and I'm not sure what brand Electronic Ash sent me, since it was their liquidation sale, but from the packaging I'm guessing it was SLB brand. So I'm thinking that the actual problem is just that DeKang's juice is NASTY.

I know that company gets rave reviews around here, and that has me really puzzled... But I guess if they supply 85% of the juice out there, then maybe people just haven't had a chance to try anything but DeKang, so they don't know how gross it really is? Maybe I shouldn't have placed my first order with the Widow, because now I'm spoiled, LOL. I'd go back to cigarettes before I'd use DeKang again...

There is another EcoPure dealer.....in the US

Cignot your Midwest Electronic Cigarette store. & terri, who is one of the owners can be found on the forums here. Extremely fast shipping. She's out of IL.

Rob

P.S.
I too had a bad batch of Ecopure from IV. Fortunately mine didn't have any bad taste or smell. The Rich/very high (5 15ml bottles) all tasted like nothing compared to other orders I recieved. Proper labels on all bottles & even a darker color like the Rich is supposed to have but no taste. I'm currently waiting for replacementshttp://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/images/smilies/001_rolleyes.gif

Last edited:

JerseyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
South Florida
But that doesn't explain the apparent occasional problem with ecopure - they have nothing to do with DeKang...

I know - but since I'm one of the people who's been posting about nasty liquid recently, I figured I'd explain my own situation to avoid scaring people. If you've tried DeKang and don't have a problem with it, you can feel free to ignore my posts. ;)

Also thought I'd chime in on the issue of high temperatures during shipping, because if that's not affecting my juice down here in south Florida, where I could easily boil water in my mailbox, it's probably not the cause of the problems either...

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
But that doesn't explain the apparent occasional problem with ecopure - they have nothing to do with DeKang...

I wonder - has anyone ever had that problem with JC?

This is all rather perplexing.

Briar.

I am afraid to say that there was a spell when many posters were having a problem with JC; I remember comments like the juice had a greenish color and other complaints. Luckily my stored JC juice taste ok but has lost power over time.

Some blame the problem on the plastic containers.

Anyone have the perfumy problem with glass containers?

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
I know - but since I'm one of the people who's been posting about nasty liquid recently, I figured I'd explain my own situation to avoid scaring people. If you've tried DeKang and don't have a problem with it, you can feel free to ignore my posts. ;)

Well, for me, DeKang is pure theory... I have a slight problem with PG to begin with, and I'm paranoid about Chinese juice to boot. So I'm afraid I'm stuck with ecopure, JC (which I so far don't like), and Vermont Vapor (which doesn't wick worth anything in my 510). I am having flavor envy, frankly. Gotta learn to make my own. :)

Also thought I'd chime in on the issue of high temperatures during shipping, because if that's not affecting my juice down here in south Florida, where I could easily boil water in my mailbox, it's probably not the cause of the problems either...

You definitely have a point there. Hmmm... :confused:

Cheers,
Briar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread