Bad e-cig from dealextreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

accordeur

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2008
After reading Tropical Bob's experience with his e-cigar from dealextreme, I ordered the e-cigarette. It is a much cheaper built unit than my e-cig from e-cig.com. You have to suck very hard to get very little smoke. The atomizer shuts off way too early meaning very little smoke and the taste is really awful, like stale air from a used bath towel. The threads are not the same as the e-cig, because I would of kept it just for the extra batteries. So I sent an email asking to send me a replacement or a refund. I specified that if a new one did not work any better I wanted a refund. I also ordered a e-cigar which is still back ordered after 2 weeks. I have also ordered an njoy and can't wait to see if it will perform better that the e-cig from e-cig.com. The e-cig.com is not bad, tastes good but it's just not quite enough smoke. Has anybody else tried the e-cig from dealextreme? Can I expect a replacement to work better? Thanks

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Oh boy am I sorry to hear that. My dealextreme e-cig package should arrive this week. It's the two-for-$36 deal.

My e-pipe from E-Cig is now two months old and working fine. I fill it with 24mg extra high nicotine in chocolate flavor! My e-cigar is a month and a half old from deadlextreme and it's an improvement over the e-pipe. It travels with me everywhere (I ordered a hanging pouch and carry the e-cigar in it).

If I just blew $36, I'll be unhappy!

accordeur

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2008
I guess you ordered the 2 mini-cigs. I just ordered the regular e-cig. It really does not compare to the e-cig.com. Hope the cigar works better. I guess the fact that the cigar is semi-automatic means you can get the atomizer going for long enough to get a good drag? On the e-cig.deal, the atomizer stops in mid puff, you can even hear it shutting off. Plus you have to suck like crazy, enough to give you a headache. Very disappointing. Plus, being in Canada, if I have to return it to Hong Kong, I wonder what the shipping will be. At least if the threads had been the same, I would of been able to use the batteries with my e-cig.com one. Oh well, I guess we are the frontrunners so.... Thanks. I'll let you know about the NJOY and e-cigar when I get them.

markab

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hi Accordeur,
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with youe Dealextreme product. On their site I found five different e-cigarette models: A white one, A box set one (comes w/ 24 carts), a two per. package set, and two brown ones (a manual & automatic model, these look more like e-cigars than e-cigarettes). Can you please clarify for me which one you ordered? Thanks,

Mark

accordeur said:
After reading Tropical Bob's experience with his e-cigar from dealextreme, I ordered the e-cigarette. It is a much cheaper built unit than my e-cig from e-cig.com. You have to suck very hard to get very little smoke. The atomizer shuts off way too early meaning very little smoke and the taste is really awful, like stale air from a used bath towel. The threads are not the same as the e-cig, because I would of kept it just for the extra batteries. So I sent an email asking to send me a replacement or a refund. I specified that if a new one did not work any better I wanted a refund. I also ordered a e-cigar which is still back ordered after 2 weeks. I have also ordered an NJOY and can't wait to see if it will perform better that the e-cig from e-cig.com. The e-cig.com is not bad, tastes good but it's just not quite enough smoke. Has anybody else tried the e-cig from dealextreme? Can I expect a replacement to work better? Thanks

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
The DealExtreme e-cigar I refer to is what they call an e-cigarette. It's not a cigarette and I have no idea why they so label it. The one I use is the fully automatic model, activated by suction. It really hasn't given me any problems except I'd like more vapor, but that's true of every device I've seen. I get more smoke from a tiny sip of my real pipe than I do from turning my cheeks inside out sucking on the e-pipe!

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
I'm waiting 2+ months for a web cam which was part of a large order I made in december. I got a mail from them last week that explained that Chinese New year holidays has tied them up and a lot of manufacturers are not back on the throttle. I think the state of the economy has disrupted their business though with so many factories closing and it's getting harder for them to source their products. maybe I'll never see my web-cam.

Last edited:

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
It took a little over 2 weeks for me to get one of my orders from them and just under 2 weeks for another order from them. Of course customs can delay stuff even more.

Worth noting that they tend to ship items registered mail, so you will have to be available to sign for it or be able to go to the post office. On the plus side, the U.S. Postal Service is required to keep registered mail available for pickup for 30 days before they return to sender.

I'm waiting 2+ months for a web cam which was part of a large order I made in december. I got a mail from them last week that explained that Chinese New year holidays has tied them up and a lot of manufacturers are not back on the throttle. I think the state of the economy has disrupted their business though with so many factories closing and it's getting harder for them to source their products. maybe I'll never see my web-cam.

The CPSIA probably isnt helping matters either (the new U.S. law that says that any item for kids 12 and under and any household furniture must be tested for lead and phthalates by a certified third party). It's messing up things for manufacturers worldwide. And, DealExtreme does have some kid-orientated items.

Last edited:
Has anybody else tried the e-cig from dealextreme? Can I expect a replacement to work better? Thanks

The first e-cig I've bought was super mini starter kit (Health brand) from a DX dropshiper. I paid almost 90 dollars for it (pretty dumb, don't you think? :oops:), and I think it's useless. I almost had an aneurism trying to get some vapor from it. The battery life is pathetic, and the cartridges duration is something like 2 analogs, at best. I did not find the taste so awful at first, but then I got my 901 and realized how I was wrong...:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread