Bad Experience With Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have had great experiences dealing with people on the classifieds here, both buying and selling and trading. I've had a lot of fun and met several really cool people.

I have had one bad experience and I am not sure what to do, or even if there is anything I can do. Yes, I know "caveat emptor" and all of that. I figure I will just have to write it off, but I do need to vent a bit.

This person and I agreed to do a trade. I admit, it took me a few days to send out the package. I wrote him about a week later to ask if he got his package and to ask when he mailed mine. He told me that he never mailed a package to me, and because he was displeased with what I sent him, he was not going to mail it. He said he would return what I sent him, but he hasn't done that either, nor has he replied to any of my PMs.

I am really miffed by this. Not only do I not have the item that I wanted, I don't have the item I sent to him - something that I would really like to send to someone else who would enjoy and appreciate it.

I have had a lot of fun swapping stuff here, everyone else I have dealt with has been great. That one bad apple has just stuck in my craw.:-x

Thanks for letting me vent. I haven't named names and you won't find his name in my old threads. I appologize if it is bad form to complain like this.

~A

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
You should definitely name the person, if not here then in the "Feedback" thread in the Classifieds forum - that's what it's there for!

But if you aren't going to name names, at least name items. What did you send, and what were you supposed to be getting?

Also, how long ago was it that the person said they were returning your item(s)?

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You need to leave bad feedback in the feedback thread if you don't then they may do the same to someone else. It is not badmouthing them if they did not hold up their end of the agreement, it is simply stating fact.

I agree with that:) That way we'll know not to do business with them;) I think sometimes we feel like a community, which we are, but there are dishonest people anywhere
RIMP:evil:

xdunlapx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
Ohio, USA
I agree with maf2k8. You should post the screen name of the offender so that we all know hot to do business with him or her. Otherwise, posting this thread makes no difference to the lives an dealings of everyone else on here. Please, please post their name. I don't want to get scammed as I have a classified out there already.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
seems that you got -exactly- what you paid for.
That's a pretty rude thing to say. She either paid for the item she sent out or it at least still had value, so yes she is still lost out on this 'transaction'.

angelique510, post the name of this person. That's a very low-life thing to do, and they need to be held accountable for it. There is a code of conduct when dealing with internet sales/trades, and mature, responsible people know this. However, this person clearly does not and should be outted publicly.

RedRamen

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Banning CA
That's a pretty rude thing to say. She either paid for the item she sent out or it at least still had value, so yes she is still lost out on this 'transaction'.

angelique510, post the name of this person. That's a very low-life thing to do, and they need to be held accountable for it. There is a code of conduct when dealing with internet sales/trades, and mature, responsible people know this. However, this person clearly does not and should be outted publicly.

It's not only rude, it's also moronic.

A trade is a trade, she "paid" for the other user's juice with her juice.

So no, she DIDN'T get what she paid for...

What an idiot.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Does this have anything to do with blu batts and atties?

No, it was the 510 trade for a blu. He was upset because I didn't include a 510 PCC. I thought it was starter kit for starter kit.

Everyone seems to be of the same opinion, so I will post on the feedback thread. Like on eBay, leaving bad feedback should be a last resort, and no matter what, I always feel bad doing it. But it has been almost a month, so if there is nothing in my mail or PM box tomorrow, I'll leave feedback.

Thanks everyone,
~A

lostdaze

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Illinois
Sorry to hear you got ripped off angelique that sucks!

I think you should let us know the name and address of the jerk so nobody else gets taken by this punk.

maybe we could all send him something in the mail that he wont like!

even if he does return what you sent him now, I think I would just throw it out, who knows what hes done to it.

Skully I dont understand what your saying, Im sure she didnt spend her money to get ripped off, so how did she get what she paid for?

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
Well, after finding the classifieds thread, if it is who I think it is (someone from Georgia with 28 posts) they have a post in the Classifieds yesterday trying to get another trade going....

So yeah, name names and warn others. I won't since I'm not 100% sure...only about 95%

P.S. And you stated VERY clearly what was included with your 510 kit. If they expected a PCC for some reason, that's their fault.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread