bad headache after switching off silica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanzt

Jul 16, 2013
The Orange of Counties, CA
It's a common side effect of switching to cotton. You vape more because its so good. :laugh:

Seriously though, like ScottP said if you hadn't boiled it first that may be a cause, usually people have a taste preference over cotton/silica/mesh and not so much a problem with them. I would at least rule out that being a cause and go from there.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
Stupid question. Are you sure it's cotton? The reason I ask is I was looking at all kinds of yarn at Walmart and the vast minority was just cotton. If it was cotton I would say boil and rinse several times first.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

yes its the peaches and cream brand 100% cotton yarn

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
no I didn't boil it will try that thx :) and flavor isn't more, its like none

Be sure and experiment with your coil diameter and size of your wick. Keep the wick size through the coil just barely snug, not tight at all, because the cotton swells some. If you need more through the channels to prevent flooding, use a helper wick for that.

Also, I think you'd get better results with something like the cvs cotton balls. Since the wicks are small, it's easy to work with. Poke around in the 'micro coils' thread a little for coil and wicking ideas.

I think the bleached cotton wicks the best and loses the fresh cotton taste the quickest.

I use the loose weave cheese cloth from wally world with great results, but I'm making slightly longer wicks. In order of wicking abilities, I'd put it cotton balls, cheese cloth, thread (like the peaches and cream).

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
Be sure and experiment with your coil diameter and size of your wick. Keep the wick size through the coil just barely snug, not tight at all, because the cotton swells some. If you need more through the channels to prevent flooding, use a helper wick for that.

Also, I think you'd get better results with something like the cvs cotton balls. Since the wicks are small, it's easy to work with. Poke around in the 'micro coils' thread a little for coil and wicking ideas.

I think the bleached cotton wicks the best and loses the fresh cotton taste the quickest.

I use the loose weave cheese cloth from wally world with great results, but I'm making slightly longer wicks. In order of wicking abilities, I'd put it cotton balls, cheese cloth, thread (like the peaches and cream).

yes wick are just snug/loose enough, tried a little while back with cheese cloth. had tough time counting out the threads even with bifocals LOL. and they always seemed to come out when removing the base

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
yes wick are just snug/loose enough, tried a little while back with cheese cloth. had tough time counting out the threads even with bifocals LOL. and they always seemed to come out when removing the base

I use two pair of glasses, so I know the feeling lol. I just eyeball measure and cut strips a little about half an inch wide and use more than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread