Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I wrecked my jeep this morning on the way to work. To make this vape related, my mod went airborne and hit me on my face. Pretty hard too as i can barely stand to touch my nose right now. And my jeep is pretty much messed up now. Today ranks up there in the top 10 worst days of my life.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I wrecked my jeep this morning on the way to work. To make this vape related, my mod went airborne and hit me on my face. Pretty hard too as i can barely stand to touch my nose right now. And my jeep is pretty much messed up now. Today ranks up there in the top 10 worst days of my life.
Did the vape survive? Uhhh I mean I'm sorry your day stunk so bad!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Sux. :( Insurance?

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

That's horrible. I hope you're ok. Just remember Jeeps don't die they get made better.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
Glad you're ok. The mod and jeep can be replaced. :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
One of their models had a tendency to slip out of park. Some famous guy supposedly got ran over in his driveway by his own Jeep. RIP famous guy.
Yeah, iirc he played “checkov” in the star trek reboot. It was some sort of Cherokee iirc. The jeeps that get better when they’re rebuilt are generally only the CJs, and to a somewhat lesser extent the TJs and YJs. Cherokees not in that group.

Reactions: stols001

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
One of their models had a tendency to slip out of park. Some famous guy supposedly got ran over in his driveway by his own Jeep. RIP famous guy.
Yeah, iirc he played “checkov” in the star trek reboot. It was some sort of Cherokee iirc. The jeeps that get better when they’re rebuilt are generally only the CJs, and to a somewhat lesser extent the TJs and YJs. Cherokees not in that group.
Yep, it was a Grand Cherokee. He put the trans in neutral, but thought it was park. I have driven that model, no way to confuse neutral and park. When in doubt, set the park brake.

Anton Yelchin was his name.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

My wife wanted a new Jeep and I wanted her to get a new Toyota. I used the guy's death as an advantage.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Yep, it was a Grand Cherokee. He put the trans in neutral, but thought it was park. I have driven that model, no way to confuse neutral and park. When in doubt, set the park brake.

Anton Yelchin was his name.

They recalled 1.1 million vehicles over the park neutral issue shortly after his death. I didn't keep up with it but heard they were investigating whether it was a contributing factor in his accident.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-the-problem-with-jeeps-recalled-gear-shifter-1782364420

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio

I guess I can repeat what my mechanic buddy told me when I had him help fix my CJ5 after sliding off the trail into a tree. "Bumps and bruises fix themselves, but Jeeps take manual labor."

I hope your jeep can survive the incident, and that you heal up nicely. What kind of jeep was it if you don't mind me asking?

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I guess I can repeat what my mechanic buddy told me when I had him help fix my CJ5 after sliding off the trail into a tree. "Bumps and bruises fix themselves, but Jeeps take manual labor."

I hope your jeep can survive the incident, and that you heal up nicely. What kind of jeep was it if you don't mind me asking?
Grand cherokee. Older model 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread