Not open for further replies.

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
Sorry to hear that....

Could you let us know if vaping complicates it btw?

Thanks
Well, after smoking for 30 year's , I found out today that I have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease ( COPD) from smoking. I am 47 now. So, look's like I quit a little to late.
For you guy's that are hitting the cig's I would quit ASAP ! Now to stop all together.

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
Sorry to hear that kool.....

Will getting off analogs make it get better/go away, or will it just stop it from getting worse?

I thought I had/have it until I started vaping/stopped analogs because of the cough and the breathing issues....but both have since disappeared, so I'm not sure now.

Hoping the vaping will at very least not make the condition any worse for you. I will say a Prayer.

unseenhero66

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Marietta GA
my grandmother has this condition shes been smoking since she was 13 and shes 62 now im actually sitting in her room next to about 30 oxygen tanks on backup and and oxygen concentrator machine going at it next to a lung capacity measurement machine i did however get her to try and take a hit off of an rn4075 but it was the high carts and there still a bit of primer in it i cant get her to try it again because it made her cough like hell other tan that shes smoking about 4 marlboro lights a day and it scares the hell out of me i wish i had money for a dse901 kit and some low nic juice but hell:D

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Sorry to hear about your condition. my mother also has it and has been smoking for over 40+ years.

I know I will take heat for this comment, because there are a lot of people on my back lately, but I feel that maybe you should try snus or a smokeless type of nicotine replacement first. if that does not work than you can always go back to vaping. I just personally would not want to take any risks of anything in my lungs having a lung condition. There are still a lot of unknowns with this. So if you could go smokeless give it a try first. just a suggestion.

regards.

ironlung

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
queens n.y.
i also am sorry to hear that ! depending on how advanced it is the damage is done but may not advance if action is taken right away. one thing i did was stop analogs & lungs cleared right up1-3months in that period i would say i analoged 2-3 cartons this coming from 1-2 packs a day so yes it will at least help you feel a difference depending on the stage of it

2kool2

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
USA
Thank's guy's .. Yeah, I am going smokeless. I put a patch on today.The Dr. said that if I quit now it would not get better but it would stop it from getting worse.
Thank's for the kindness and the prayer's.I will keep you all posted becouse I am not going anywhere I hope. I love this forum and member's.This forum is why I stoped to start with,with the member's that has helped.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Sorry for this happening to you 2Kool2... hopefully you will indeed manage to keep at the very least the status-quo in your health; and hopefully you will be lucky enough to have it go the same way as it went for me... 65% lungfunction when stopping the tobacco, now back at 95% or more (vaping all the time; so that certainly didn't hurt in my case... but if snus works for you, fine too of course!).

Lazarus

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Treasure Coast, FL
Sorry to hear that 2kool2.

You have probably have heard most of this before, but there is good hope for COPD long term survival if you quit analogs and get proper treatment. Here is a link to the Mayo Clinic's website, they are leading the way in COPD treatment, God Bless:

Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Treatment - Mayo Clinic

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
2Kool2: We have learned from a recent study that most of the nicotine in our vapor is absorbed in the throat and upper airways, not the deep inner recesses of the lungs, as is the case with inhaled cigarette smoke. Knowing this, you can vape an e-cig just as someone would puff a cigar or pipe. Inhale into your mouth, hold it a few seconds, then exhale through your nose.

You'll get nearly all the nicotine effects this way, and might even be able to employ stronger strength liquid.

I agree totally on snus and dissolvables. I also would recommend nasal snuff from what is called a snuff bullet. Clean, with a hit faster even than snus. Any flavor with menthol -- blueberry menthol is a personal favorite -- will help breathing.

I recovered a lot of lung function once I quit smoking cigarettes. Maybe you will too.

P.S. I see ads on nightly news for medicines called bronchodilators. Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor -- tightening and eventually hardening arteries. Smoke apparently has some bronchoconsistor properties. Wouldn't it be great if bronchodilator medicine could be incorporated in e-liquid some day, so that vapor actually helps us breathe better? The stuff is already best used in inhalers. What we use is nothing less than a personal inhaler.

2kool2

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
USA
Thank's again all. Thank's for the link Lazarus. Sorry to hear some of you have it to. I was shocked ! Had no idea I had anything. Good thing I stoped and went to vaping a few month's ago.
TropicalBob, thank's for the update, I have not heared anything on or about Snus and dissolvables. Wha is snuff bullet ? I will see if I can find anything on it. Do you have a link ?
Thank's again member's ! You all are the best !
With Love:
2K2
EDIT: Sheilalynn, I am going to send you a PM.
Katink,do you have COPD too ?
Tellgirl, From what I have read the last few day's there are three stage's of COPD and I would have to be at the bottom,errr.
Anyway, thank's for all the info and those that do do like to post in the open can send me a PM anytime or you can E-mail me , At twocooltwo@peoplepc.com.

THIS FORUM RULE'S ! We have the best bunch of people I have ever meet on a forum.

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
2Kool2, you will find many threads on snus, dissolvables, etc., in the Alternatives section of the forum. The snus I use are little teabag-like pouches that sit between cheek and jaw in the mouth. Dissolvables go the same place, but dissolve in place. Stonewall is 4mg per piece; Ariva is 1.5mg per piece. I use Java Stonewall.

With snus, begin with low nicotine varieties.

Most snusers order from Sweden, where production meets food standards and has more than a 100-year history of safety and efficacy. I order from The Northerner. In their menu, you can also see nasal snuffs. For sheer convenience, you can't beat the Zuka Zee or Zuka Black nasal snuff that comes in a bullet (which delivers an exactly measured amount). New users have problems with pinching or measuring snuff, which is extremely finely ground tobacco.

Zuka should not make you sneeze, but if you move up to stronger snuff, you might really react by sneezing!

Read around that alternatives section and PM with any private questions. I use EVERYTHING I can legally buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread