Bahnzo's Box Mods - Hardwood Box Mods and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
Hi! And thanks for taking a look at my thread for selling my hand built hardwood box mods. I do this as a hobby, so there are no pre sales or ordering; I'll be posting as I build new mods and offering them for sale. Prices will be dependent on wood used and do not include batteries or atomizers (although they may be shown in pictures). Please PM me with any questions or for ordering details.

Payment Options: I accept Paypal or USPS money order.
Shipping: Shipping is included in all prices for continental USA only. Alaska/Hawaii please contact me. As of now, no international shipping is available.

Also, please make sure you only buy and use protected batteries. I don't sell batteries, and I can't tell you what to do....but please use them.

So let's get started......

=================================================================
First up is a 3.7v Wooden Mod made from Curly Maple. 510 sealed connection. It's stained with an amber shellac to give it a vintage look, and finished with 5 coats of PolyAcrylic so it's durable and resistant to any leaks that we all incur with our atty's. It uses a C&K Components tactile switch with a mosfet circuit for a small switch. Red LED that lights when button pressed. It also has a master on/off switch internally.

$35 Sold, pending payment

Click on any pics for larger versions.

==========================================================
Next up, two Variable Voltage Mods. Built from 3xAA battery boxes (Wooden ones on the way, maybe?). Master On/Off switch, red fire LED's. 510 Sealed connections. Uses 2x3.7v batteries. Uses a 25 turn potentiometer to provide an accurate setting for voltage.

Two Prices:
$40 - Normal, 3amp switch (left in pics) Sold!
$45 - Grayhill switch rated to 1,000,000 operations (right) Sold!

Last edited:

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
How about Cedar?

Depends...Not sure if my supplier carries it, but I'm really thinking more along the lines of something more exotic. He had some cocobolo and bocote (google them) that I really had my eye on. More expensive, but should make some very nice stuff.

What would people want most? Simple 3.7v mods using 14500 batteries? Maybe something for a 18650? Variable volts? 5 volts?

foggy1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
S F Bay Area
Bahnzo have you thought about a feeder mod ?
It looks like you've got the skills, adaptable ?
and there are new atty's being built that will blow current stuff away
please continue and grow as many of us have ideas but not the skill.
All we want is the perfect vape..low cost and dependable :)
We will be watching so keep it up..

Circumspice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
God's Country
Depends...Not sure if my supplier carries it, but I'm really thinking more along the lines of something more exotic. He had some cocobolo and bocote (google them) that I really had my eye on. More expensive, but should make some very nice stuff.

What would people want most? Simple 3.7v mods using 14500 batteries? Maybe something for a 18650? Variable volts? 5 volts?

Beautiful work Bahnzo! I can't speak for others, but I want an affordable, durable and beautiful bottom feeder mod. Hmmm... 3.7 volts is good. 5 volts is great. I haven't decided whether or not I like 6 volts yet.

As far as types of wood... Red oak is a nice hardwood to use. It's fine grained and looks a little like cedar. Bird's eye maple is also a good choice. Another wood that is beautiful is juniper. People here in Texas call juniper trees 'cedar' trees because it's very aromatic like the real cedar tree. Fence posts made from the Texas 'cedar' trees last 50 years or more, so it's pretty durable. (red berry juniper and mountain juniper are the most common varieties of juniper in Texas)

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com

I think what is needed most is lower cost mods. Not vv per se. there are so many attys in different ohm ranges that higher volts is really not needed any more. Bottom feeders a must have.. I would love to see you go with feeders and 18650 and 14500 batts in them.. Cedar would be great too.. but any wood is fine.

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
I've never had anything to do with a bottom feeder mod. I mix my juice at 70% VG, so it's thick and I'm not sure how well a feeder would work so I've never had any inkling to try one. As far as a mod goes, there's others out there who seem to do it pretty well and I'd just as soon not step on their toes (not to mention I've never built one.....)

Circumspice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
God's Country
Awww Bahnzo!? C'mon, step on some toes! Competition drives the development of better products! If no-one ever stepped on the competition's toes, there would be no advancement in any industry. :?:

I've never had anything to do with a bottom feeder mod. I mix my juice at 70% VG, so it's thick and I'm not sure how well a feeder would work so I've never had any inkling to try one. As far as a mod goes, there's others out there who seem to do it pretty well and I'd just as soon not step on their toes (not to mention I've never built one.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread