Baking Vanilla in my juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Nope, I wouldnt. Its weaker than the concentrates we use to vape, and it may contain diacetyl. Put it back in the cupboard for cookies and other desserts.

Thanks Buffaloguy - that's what I wanted to know. Are there any vanilla flavors you can recommend - I've just been striking out......

panachronic

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
WA
Nope, I wouldnt. Its weaker than the concentrates we use to vape, and it may contain diacetyl. Put it back in the cupboard for cookies and other desserts.

Caution is warranted, but I don't think this warning is valid where real vanilla extract is concerned. But I would probably stay away from cheap imitation vanilla, yes.

Cindy Pennypacker

May 4, 2012
pa, usa
Just wondering if anyone's tried it & if it worked. I've tried soooo many vanilla juices from various vendors & quite frankly, I feel like I'm just throwing my kids' inheritance away. Just want to know if it works in small amounts & if it's safe.:unsure:

Funny you should ask this question because just this week I had tried baking vanilla in some of my juices. Here are the results that I found.
1. I'm still here,
2. Do Not put in ce2 clearomizers. It will melt and crack the plastic drip tips and tube.
3. working fine in my cartomizers

This is just my experience using 5% in 35ml quantities using 25%pg/75%vg
it was also a good quality immitation extract. I'm a newbie so I'm not suggesting its use or not, just telling my experience
hoping to help. Happy Vaping

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Funny you should ask this question because just this week I had tried baking vanilla in some of my juices. Here are the results that I found.
1. I'm still here,
2. Do Not put in ce2 clearomizers. It will melt and crack the plastic drip tips and tube.
3. working fine in my cartomizers

This is just my experience using 5% in 35ml quantities using 25%pg/75%vg
it was also a good quality immitation extract. I'm a newbie so I'm not suggesting its use or not, just telling my experience
hoping to help. Happy Vaping

Hi Penny - thanks for the info. Nice to know I'm not the only one getting 'brilliant ideas'. Someone did reply with using PURE vanilla so I think I'll give that a shot. Really glad you gave me the heads-up on not using it w/ce2s - guess that will also leave out my minisub. BTW - glad you're still here...thanks again.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
i have tried vanilla extract and it was not really strong enough. didn't do me any noticeable harm though. got some pepper mint and that seems pretty good. at least i know what's in it which is pepper mint extract alcohol and water. according to what it says on the bottle.

Thanks for the input. I've used pepperint since day one; love it. I ordered a large (very large) bottle from Lorann Oils - it's pure peppermint oil. I know, I know, there are tons of people that warn against it, but I only use a few drops in everything & it just seems to give a great jolt to every juice combo.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
Caution is warranted, but I don't think this warning is valid where real vanilla extract is concerned. But I would probably stay away from cheap imitation vanilla, yes.

Yep, thats why I said may contain... now, on the flip side... unless you SPECIFICALLY know it doesnt contain diacetyl FOR CERTAIN I wouldnt use it period. I recently tested a "real cherry" "100% organic" concentrate that still managed to melt plastic.... hrmm... so I dunno. (note: just an example... and has nothing to do with diacetyl... just noting that "natural" doesnt necessarialy mean safe and diacetyl free)

Vendor concentrates state (for rhe most part) if theirs contain diacetyl or not. So Ill stick with those. One less variable ro be concerned with. But thats just me. I perfer to err on the side of caution. But use whatever you like. Its your body. You will know if its right or wrong for you eventually.

I wont comment on using oils. Theres enuff info on ecf to tell you why thats a bad idea.

Please gang. Be safe and avoid stuff that is questionable until you have contacted the vendor and know for sure. Alot of that has been done for us by vapers already. Long before I started thankfully.

Last edited:

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Hi Buffalo & Yorkie....After reading your replies & a little more research into vanilla - I'm going to keep going on the eternal search of my 'perfect, premade vanilla vape'. My daughter checked her 4 different 'pure' vanilla extracts (I was going to borrow one) & all 4 had 35% alcohol; seems pretty high to me. One had 'sugar' listed & another listed corn syrup - tho I don't think either would cause any physical harm, I do believe both would be carto killers.

Buffalo - you're right.....I didn't give up the damage of anologs to gamble on diacetyl - just not worth taking the risk. Thank you for the words of caution.

CharlieGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Lehigh Acres, FL
Gotta comment on the banning of oil in flavoring jooses. I think in a lot of cases people just pass on what they hear from others. This is from my own first hand experience over the course of fairly extended time. I have used many different flavors of oils with no detriment to cartos or attys. In fact, because I believe that so little flavor is actually used, it is actually kinder than some fluids. For example, I just made my Fire and Ice joose with about 10 drops of menthol concentrate from crystals, and six drops of cinnamon oil I first mix in a condom cap with a small amount of vodka for better dispersal, and then ad to the PG/VG mix in a 10ml mixing bottle. I try to aim for about 1/3 full bottle, and add the the remainder to full with my 50mg nicotine to come up with approx. a 15-17 mg mix, the end result isn't terribly critical since I can vape anywhere between 12-30mg, depending. Anyway, shake real well every time you use it, and it really is no more problematic than any other mix! Even if you eliminate the vodka mixing step it won't spell disaster, you'd just have to shake it a lot more vigorously before adding your nic.. Because of the concentration it is certainly more economical, and I find the flavors to be truer, just don't overdo!!! Start with 1 drop per 2 ml. Use an older atty if you are worried, but I can seriously vouch for the validity of the above! I originally did it out of necessity, but continued because it just plain worked and worked well! Anyone who says it doesn't, hasn't tried it! Or if they have, neglected to shake their booty! I might add I would definitely NOT use it in a clearo or tank, or anything that could crack or has known cracking issues for obvious reasons...but other than that, go for it, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!!!

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Hi Charlie....I've used a few drops of Peppermint Oil in my brews for approx. 1 yr. I mix mine into vg mixed w/a small amt. of distilled water. I do buy a few juices from vendors & there's always pg in their mix so it always seems to work out well. It's extremely economical & being as concentrated as it is - a few drops are all that's needed & I just don't think there's any health detriment especially considering how many products we use that have the oil in them. I haven't had a cracked clearo or tank yet & my cartos last quite a long time (hope I didn't just curse myself)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread