AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Liability and hungry lawyers.

If the location is convenient pedestrians will slip through as they've done before. The sign just makes it harder to play I-sue-the-pants-off-ya game after you've had a close encounter with a forklift tine...

The usual CYA ...

ROFL! I couldn't help but visualize the way my husband drives his forklift (like mario andretti on uppers!), and the way people would scramble out of his way in the plant. :D If they have a forklift driver like my husband, then "CYA" is NECESSARY!!! :lol:

Andria

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
ROFL! I couldn't help but visualize the way my husband drives his forklift (like mario andretti on uppers!), and the way people would scramble out of his way in the plant. :D If they have a forklift driver like my husband, then "CYA" is NECESSARY!!! :lol:

Andria

Not going to link it because it is a bit gory:eek: but search YouTube for "german forklift safety video english sub". Enjoy!

And if they have a safety suggestion program where your husband works have him submit "forklift backup blue light". We have then where I work and everyone loves them! Puts a bright blue spot of light on the floor behind the lift so you can see if one is backing out of a row or other hidden area. Not even my idea (ineligible member of management) but I got a safety bonus for doing a bit of searching and forwarding the results.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Not going to link it because it is a bit gory:eek: but search YouTube for "german forklift safety video english sub". Enjoy!

And if they have a safety suggestion program where your husband works have him submit "forklift backup blue light". We have then where I work and everyone loves them! Puts a bright blue spot of light on the floor behind the lift so you can see if one is backing out of a row or other hidden area. Not even my idea (ineligible member of management) but I got a safety bonus for doing a bit of searching and forwarding the results.

I know they don't have that, but they do have those annoying beeps when the forklift (or cherry picker) is backing up. But it's a pretty small plant, and the guys over in production doesn't usually venture into the "stacks" where the cardboard stock is located (they make cardboard boxes); only the line supervisors, when they're getting more stock for their individual lines. And they all KNOW my husband, and how he drives! :D Trust me, they know very well to stay out of his way -- and out of the way of the other forklift driver too, who's pretty much incompetent. :lol:

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread