Status
Not open for further replies.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
Yes there are. And due to the court ruling form a few years back, e-cigs are considered tobacco products. That saved vaping for the time being but opened the door to this type of legislation. We can't have our cake and eat it too.

I will fight for vaping as hard as the next person but we had our day in court and got e-cigs classed as tobacco products rather than medical devices. Now we are paying the price for that victory. It may not be right but it is how it will be.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Electronic cigarettes have not been officially declared by the FDA to be tobacco products yet.
These bans are taking place because electronic cigarettes look like smoking, not because they are a tobacco product.

These bans are the result of legislation that was often written, introduced, and pushed by the ANTZ.
When we show up and fight such legislation we often succeed in having it killed or amended.

We could call them frozen bananas, and they would still be included as part of the ban attempt.

EDIT: Actually I should amend that statement
EDIT: The bans are because e-cigs threaten the livelihood of the anti-smoking zealots
EDIT: Looking like smoking is only one of the reasons, but the main reason is because they work

Last edited:

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
I agree that we have to stand up and fight. I do my part where I can. I educate as many people as possible and vape openly. My daughter's friend's mom was at the house last night to get my wife to color her hair and I have her convinced that vaping will help her stop smoking. She has tried everything and nothing works. She is coming over in a few days to have me put together a kit for her. And she is willing to join the fight to keep vaping alive, while not even being a vaper yet.

It just takes a collective voice to have an opinion heard. We need to organize and be ready when the announcement is made. If it is not in our favor we need to hit it hard and fast. I suggest everyone join up at CASAA and keep an eye out for chances to fight stupid legislation at every turn.

Leatherneck

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2013
Oregon
Travis county in Texas has just issued a ban on all tobacco products on county property and has included e-cigs. I have the strongest urge to purchase zero nic juice and sit on county property vaping away and let them just haul my old behind to jail. :glare:Are there a lot of areas doing this?

The governor of Oregon issued such a ban on all state property. There's no "bite" to it, no fines or jail time. Still as an employee, I can't vape at work unless I go outside to the sidewalk. Not even the parking lot.

It's scumbaggery.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
So is that considered a ban, or just regulation?

Neither one. If you come into my house and light up a cigarette, I will ask you to put it out. If you won't, I will ask you to leave. If you won't leave, I can have the police remove you. It's not a ban or a regulation or even a law. My house, my rules.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Neither one. If you come into my house and light up a cigarette, I will ask you to put it out. If you won't, I will ask you to leave. If you won't leave, I can have the police remove you. It's not a ban or a regulation or even a law. My house, my rules.
So they can ban vaping on public property and you call it a rule.
And if the FDA regulates vaping to the point of being useless you will call it regulation.

At what point would you actually become angry about this?

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California
Sorry to hear that gday. I live in California and know what you mean.
They banned anything remotely enjoyable everywhere.

Welcome to the nanny state.:(

We've also got the strictest gun laws as well... I have went into court with my provari and vaped in front of the officers by the metal detectors because they asked me to so no ban on that just yet.

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California

I agree with what you're saying. If a restaurant asked me to use it outside, I wouldn't mind and just walk outside but if it was freezing cold outside I'll just frequent the bathroom more often and make it smell a bit more pleasant :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread