'murrikka
mt82nc.jpg

:facepalm:

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
how about take a simple step and move the "juice/hooka pens" to behind the counter....

i understand how easy it is to get ahold of these items, expecialy when its sitting on the counter either next to or right above the gum...

i have YET to see ANY place that carries ecigs - have it behind the counter... it ALWAYS sitting on the counter..

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
how about take a simple step and move the "juice/hooka pens" to behind the counter....

i understand how easy it is to get ahold of these items, expecialy when its sitting on the counter either next to or right above the gum...

i have YET to see ANY place that carries ecigs - have it behind the counter... it ALWAYS sitting on the counter..

All the convenience stores and such here do have them behind the counter.

Avid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

I have never seen them not behind the counter in any convenience store around here that sells them. Even the vape shops around here keep them under glasstop counters or behind them in cases. Same for the juice. Always behind the counter.

Avid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
looks like il be taking pictures. any place here that does not "specialize" in ecigs, the gear and juice is always on the counter...

I don't doubt you, defdock. Around here though (MA), if there were ecigs on the counter where kids could reach them our politicians would be having kittens.

SMagee

Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Amesbury, MA
I don't doubt you, defdock. Around here though (MA), if there were ecigs on the counter where kids could reach them our politicians would be having kittens.

We live in MA. If the E-cigs supported that politician, he would be handing them out like candy at every public event. But I do get your meaning.

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
I honestly don't think that juice makers are making flavors so that kids will buy them lol. That's a stupid idea. I doubt that kids have the ability to always have the money and way to buy these flavors on a regular basis. I know they can get them online because all you have to do is say your 18 but they don't have credit cards and probably don't have debit cards so they would have to steal their parents card and order it. It just seems like the adolescent demand for juice isn't there so why would they make a supply. That whole argument saying that's what juice makers are trying to do is completely stupid. I don't like how people that know nothing at all about vaping sit there and make assumptions about our community. We have a lot of good people in this community and we're not trying to sell nicotine to kids. I guess it's the stigma of smoking. Since 99% of us used to smoke we're all bad people so we sell nic to kids. Get that .... outta here!

twall

Moved On
Sep 10, 2014
Jamestown, NY,USA
Liquor stores have booze lying all over the place, right out in the open.

As the OP stated without a word - booze comes in all kinds of delicious flavors. (Although NYS has been "debating" this, as well. "Why make it taste good unless you're trying to corrupt minors?" Kind of doofus arguments)

So, when you are legally an adult, does that mean our taste buds go dead, and everything has to taste like aftershave or like chewing on kleenex? When you reach the age of 18, do you stop liking fruit flavors? Are cookies and baked goods only for children?

I never understood why if it tastes good, it's "targeting children". Seems to me adults like yummy stuff, too. Adults who pay for products. So, in order to sell more to adults who like good tasting stuff - make your stuff taste good, and you will sell more.

I have no problem whatsoever with making all vaping stuff (even 0 nic) 18+ only. That is reasonable. But this "nanny state" crap is getting out of hand.

My opinion, of course. YMMV.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Flavored cigarettes didn't make me start smoking, it was my parents smoking and peer pressure that got me started. This is all part of the left's politically correct power trip where control over your life in all aspects is the end goal.

I think we need to remove all warning labels from all products and let Darwin thin the herd.

Avid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sounds like you seriously need new politicians.
Yeah... we do. I wrote both senators and got the same stock answer that is typical of politicians who don't do any research at all into ecigs: "they're targeted to children, they even give them free samples!" and "there's been a rise in ecig use amount middle school children! There's radiator fluid in the juices!"

Adults have no voice here. Our politicians are too busy raising other people's kids and quoting outdated misinformation and propaganda like it's scripture.

But hey... at least they still let us smoke cigarettes (regular tobacco and menthols only because they took our flavors away) starting at $8.00+ per pack (in increasingly limited areas) and drink all the alcohol we want (as long as we get it in a liquor store since beer & wines are not sold in supermarkets here and no Everclear)! Cumberland Farms, which is a large chain in Massachusetts, sells Blu and/or Vuse (well behind the counter with the cigarettes, of course) on a display rack with a large, bright orange sign that states "No use of electronic cigarettes is permitted in store or on the grounds" (words to that effect). I don't know why that needs to be said as I have yet to see a vaper in the wild around here.

It's no wonder I want to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread