Banned? Help!! I have been out of the loop....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Oh wow! That is soooooo helpful! Thank you. I feel so stupid because I don't know what you guys are talking about most of the time!
In practice it is far simpler than it seems at first. Listen to bad and his links and you will be Meditating to the big OHMMMMMMMM like the rest of us in no time. ;)

Auntie3x

Sep 9, 2019
Many of us vets saw this coming a few years ago because of the FDA Deeming Regulations, and have been preparing for the worse case scenario. It's just happened to occur a year or two earlier than we thought it would.

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
A Beginner's Guide to Your First Mechanical Mod
Information Resources for Your First RBA
Explain it to the Vape Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations for a Mechanical Mod

General E-Liquid Discussion read all threads pertaining to DIY

happened to occur a year or two earlier than we thought it would.

General E-Liquid Discussion read all threads pertaining to DIY[/QUOTE]
Many of us vets saw this coming a few years ago because of the FDA Deeming Regulations, and have been preparing for the worse case scenario. It's just happened to occur a year or two earlier than we thought it would. We own a mechanical mod, learned to make coils for an RBA, and learned how to make our own e-juice. You've got a lot of catching up to do.

General E-Liquid Discussion read all threads pertaining to DIY
I wish someone could so "go to this website and buy a few of these, and these" and then I would buy the recommended products and do my research from there.

• Agree
Reactions: Don29palms

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I think you are overly optimistic.

When the deeming is enforced in 9 months you will not be able to order hardware and it will likely be seized at customs if you try as it was years ago before Sotera got vaping back for us.

If you are willing to take that risk go ahead. I am not. I have been setting myself up for vape independence for the last 6+ years. I am set.
I agree, laying in a stash beforehand is definitely the wisest course, if only for convenience.

Think about the logistics of detecting the vape hardware among the millions of packets of vaguely-labeled "electronic components" that flood across the border. And little bottles of liquid where one of the minority ingredients is conveniently not mentioned. Sent as gifts unsolicited by the recipient. Such is already business-as-usual in the more repressive countries.

No, the goal is to mitigate the threat that an unregulated vaping industry poses to the establishment, and to de-normalize vaping as was done to smoking, so the next generation is not exposed to it. Existing vapers who know what they're doing will have no trouble getting supplies.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I wish someone could so "go to this website and buy a few of these, and these" and then I would buy the recommended products and do my research from there.
Unless you don't mind vaping commercially made "tobacco" flavors, your first step should be to learn how to make your own e-liquid. If you can bake a cake out of a box, you can make your own e-liquid.

First thing to buy would be to buy concentrated liquid nicotine. I get mine from
Wizard Labs. Buy as much as you can store in your freezer.

Everthing else you can buy from Bull City Flavors - Best Prices on Flavoring

Flavoring agents. Mixing supplies like blunt needles, beakers, bottles to put your creations into.

You can google for "DIY e-liquids" for recipes.
e-Liquid Recipes

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I agree, laying in a stash beforehand is definitely the wisest course, if only for convenience.

Think about the logistics of detecting the vape hardware among the millions of packets of vaguely-labeled "electronic components" that flood across the border. And little bottles of liquid where one of the minority ingredients is conveniently not mentioned. Sent as gifts unsolicited by the recipient. Such is already business-as-usual in the more repressive countries.

There is a side benefit too.

When a bottle of DIY juice costs you $1 or less and a coil costs pennies to make you save a TON of money over time.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I just recently joined this community and have been reading the forums and I am scared! I live in Northern California, NOT San Francisco. I started vaping back in 2013 and quit cigarettes for good! I use Nautilus tanks and coils, Eleaf batteries (purchased on Ebay) and J-vapes out of Arizona. I have had no problems or warnings about getting these products. I use flavored tobaccos so I am not worried about a flavor ban....but what does this mean? I have just been vaping, oblivious to any problems or bans. Are all vaping products going to be banned? Will I not be able to purchase my items from Ebay or J-vapes anymore? Can someone please fill this out of touch person in with the latest news and what I should do? HELP!!!
Trump has instructed the FDA to recommend executive actions the president can take to address the use of ecigs by children. The expectation is they will recommend banning the sale of flavored eliquid, presumably containing nicotine, except for tobacco flavoring. May be they will recommend more. We'll have to wait and see what the exact recommendations are and whether Trump approves. Probably there will be litigation and may be a judge will grant an injunction stopping the action. Injunctions have stopped other Trump executive orders. What ever happens there is another deadline, May 2020, when it's expected most all vaping products will cease to be available for sale to consumers in the US. I'm sure the FDA was hoping to sneak up on that deadline with minimal public outcry but Trump spoiled all that. The current flap brings attention to the May deadline. It might be a good thing for vaper uproar to start before next May.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I am so scared because I do not know anything about building mods or making eliquid....i just buy my parts on ebay and go about my business.

First of all, Now is Not the time to Panic or to be Scarred. Because there is some Time Left.

But Now is the Time to start Making some Plans.

You say you use Drop In Coils. That's Cool. But they probably Won't be readily available in 6 Months or so. So Now would be a Good Time to think about getting an Rebuildable RTA and doing some Coil Building practice.

Same with doing DIY. It Isn't hard. If you can Mix a Rum n' Coke, you can do DIY. It just takes a little Practice. Now would be a Good Time to Buy Some Nicotine Base and a handful of Flavors.

If you Started Now, even if ALL the Flavors are pulled in 60 Days, and your Main e-Liquid supplier goes Belly Up, you should have by then 3 or 4 very Vapable Recipes. So you would be Self Sufficient.

Like I said, the Sky Isn't Falling Today. You still have some Time.

And think of it like Getting Ready to go on a Big Camping Trip. You wouldn't wait till the Last Minute to get things Ready. You'd make a List of the Things you Need. And then Check them off as you get them.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Make a list of supplies you think you can use, and list them here and the vets will weigh in with their opinions and anything you may have left out. Everyone here is willing to help you.

I should emphasize that many brick and morter vape shops, and online vape shops, may not be able to sustain their business once flavors are banned, so its a good idea to learn how to make your own e-liquid. Most vape stores depend heavily on selling flavored e-liquid to stay in business, so once that is banned they may well close their doors.

A lot of people are in the same situation as you are. You're not alone.

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Me and my wife are switching back to cigarettes. I know it's not healthy but there's nothing I can do. I got about 2 months worth of juice. After that I shake hands with Philip Morris. Not a happy camper
If I can't vape, which will never be the case, the I'll just get some other hobby/ bad habit. I WILL NEVER SMOKE CIGARRETTES EVER AGAIN!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Auntie, welcome. Nothing to be scared of in the short-term. You've got time. Spend it wisely, perusing the forum, asking questions, etc and you'll catch on in no time. Building coils and making juice is intimidating at first but quite easy. We've got your back :)

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO

OK I'll tell you what to buy. Purchase 8 Liters of 100mg/ml nicotine and stick them in your freezer. Worry about the rest later.

• Winner
    Reactions: Rossum

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Me and my wife are switching back to cigarettes. I know it's not healthy but there's nothing I can do. I got about 2 months worth of juice. After that I shake hands with Philip Morris. Not a happy camper
    That's your choice to make, but that's kind of a cop out because there are things you can do and you have enough time to do those things now. You're playing right into hands of Big Tobacco.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN

Why is there nothing you can do? As long as one is aware of the pending situation, preparation can happen and they wont win, at least with each one of us who is prepared. I will not let the antz and gov and BT or BP win as far as my vaping goes.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Just to give you another view on vaping versus smoking. How much is a carton of cigarettes? About $50 per carton on the low end? (it's been so long I really don't know but let's take that number as an example) If a person smoked one carton a week they would spend $1,000 on cigarettes in 5 months. If you spend that much stocking up on vaping, it will last you more than a lifetime. And $1,000 is on the high end as well, you can catch fantastic clearance prices on most things now. You still have time. And you have a lot of help here in this forum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread