The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Bartleby (usb box mod) Review

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette APV Reviews' started by Treeburner1983, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Treeburner1983

Treeburner1983 Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've only been vaping for a few weeks now, but at this point I'm only having an analog once every few days, thanks mainly to my new device, the Bartleby. After doing some research into good, cheap mods, I decided this would be a good first mod, and very convenient for work, and I was right on the money.

First off, let me say that before I placed my order, and throughout the process, I've had quite a few questions for the maker, Cybervex, and he has been very helpful throughout, not to mention I've never waited more than half an hour or so for an email response. The shipping was really fast, and the product was delivered exactly as ordered (box mod w/ usb charger circuitry + 2 14500 protected batteries, shipped for $50 [although I paid the extra $6 for priority shipping]).

Right when I got it, I took it out of the box, put in one of the 14500 batteries, put on a trusted atomizer with MFS Cappuccino+Chocolate 24mg, and started vaping away. Right away I noticed the difference between the Bartleby and a stock 510. Every vape off the Bartleby is like the first vape off freshly-charged 510 batteries! My other first impression of the Bartleby is the quality. Knowing that these devices are made by hand by one person, and that they are basically a regular box mod with a usb charging circuit inside, I figured it would feel kind of flimsy or cheap, but it is far from it. The box is very solid, and the insides are encased in epoxy so that nothing will come loose or get exposed to juice or outside moisture. Don't try it, but I'd say you could probably submerge the entire battery box in water with only the atomiser sticking out and still get perfect vapor.

Now, having watched Moobyghost's Bartleby PV Review, I knew what I was getting, but the video and pictures don't do it justice. This thing is tiny. I can completely hide the thing in my hand, and I'm an average size adult male (6'0" 185lbs). But the size isn't indicative of battery life, because these 14500 batteries are providing me an astonishing 8 HOURS+ of moderate vaping! I generally take 2-3 drags every 2 minutes or so while at work, and after an 8 hour shift my Bartleby was still going strong on a single battery! If Moobyghost is only getting 4 hours out of his Bartleby, the thing must literally be surgically attached to his lips.

Because the Bartleby runs at the same voltage as a standard 510, it provides the same quality vapor as any other 510, but like I said, it's like a freshly charged battery every vape. While plugged into USB, the vapor production and overall performance are exactly the same, because it is only using the current to charge the battery, while the battery powers the atomiser whether the Bartleby is plugged in or not. This means you're getting a consistent 510-quality vape, but for hours and hours on a single battery. As far as charging, I haven't completely drained a battery yet, but I've never had to plug in the Bartleby for more than 45 minutes for it to be fully recharged. As for exact durations and charging times, I couldn't say for sure, but the USE vs. CHARGING time is incredible compared to standard 510 batteries, which last 45 minutes and take 45 minutes to charge.

As I'm sure you can tell, I'm very impressed with this device, especially with the battery life. Barring any unforeseen problems, this will be my pv of choice for a long time. The small size makes it great for when you're moving around doing stuff, as does the master on/off switch which allows you to turn off the device while it's in your pocket. The switch and entire assembly are very sturdy, and not exposed to juice. The USB capabilities just top all this off to make an outstanding vaping device. Just make sure if you buy AC->USB and DC->USB adapters, they are between 4.35v and 6.5v output, otherwise they won't work to charge the Bartleby. I got a kit at Staples, and while the car adapter works perfectly (5v 400maH output), the AC adapter is underpowered (4.2v 400maH) and doesn't work. Just check out the specs before you buy an adapter.

Long story short: :thumbs: for the Bartleby and it's maker Cybervex, I love this thing!

I'm not affiliated in any way with the maker, Cybervex, nor did I receive this product at any discount. This is just my impressions of what I consider one of the best purchases I've made in many many years. If you want to order a Bartleby, or want some more information, you can contact Cybervex via email at cybervex@gmail.com

~CTdl

2. broncoman

broncoman Full Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Puyallup, WA
    I agree 100%. I've had my bartleby for a few days now, and I couldn't be happier. You're right, every hit is like the first hit from a freshly charged 510 battery. Only this lasts me all day, rather than an hour at best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.