Not open for further replies.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Hey it's a start :)

Reading believed to be 1st baseball stadium with vape lounge | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

tug-haines-brock-stassi-reading-fightin-phils.jpg

Now to get the NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB on board :thumb:

Last edited:

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Why should we need a vape lounge? This is how it begins. First they segregate us from "normal" non-vapers then they just ban you like a minority report criminal. What's next? vaping concentration camps? If I choose not to use the lounge, will I be arrested and sent to Fort Levin-vape? This may sound like a good thing on the surface but you really need to see through it. Someone wants you to conform to their idea. Why should I have to go anywhere to do something that I want to do as long as you don't offend others?

Reactions: FringeChief68

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Why should we need a vape lounge? This is how it begins. First they segregate us from "normal" non-vapers then they just ban you like a minority report criminal. What's next? Vaping concentration camps? If I choose not to use the lounge, will I be arrested and sent to Fort Levin-Vape? This may sound like a good thing on the surface but you really need to see through it. Someone wants you to conform to their idea. Why should I have to go anywhere to do something that I want to do as long as you don't offend others?
Wait, what?

Have you seen the direction taken in sonoma, CA, new york city, indiana, etc.

This is a complete 180. Vaping allowed in a public venue.

I'm fine if uninformed Joe fanatic in the seat next to me doesn't want to smell my delicious vape because it looks like smoking.

I'm not fine when he says nothing but votes for an unfriendly in the next election because of it.

Tapatyped

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Why should we need a vape lounge? This is how it begins. First they segregate us from "normal" non-vapers then they just ban you like a minority report criminal. What's next? Vaping concentration camps? If I choose not to use the lounge, will I be arrested and sent to Fort Levin-Vape? This may sound like a good thing on the surface but you really need to see through it. Someone wants you to conform to their idea. Why should I have to go anywhere to do something that I want to do as long as you don't offend others?
This is why I understand,
I was sitting in a restaurant and vaping. I was there a good 30 minutes and No one said anything to me. Then 5 guys came in and sat down at a table next to me and after they ordered their food, They all 5 pulled out mods and started to have their own little cloud chasing comp. Within a few minutes I had trouble seeing them 5 guys :?: and other people in the restaurant started to complain about the vaping :glare:
I was told I couldn't vape in their restaurant anymore :cry:
It's hard enough to educate non vapers on vaping but now I have to explain the difference in taking a hit of my vape and making a cloud :(

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
There are and will always be some people that are rude and inconsiderate. That's not a vaping thing, it's a life thing. It took years for people to understand that if you smoked, you're not a bad person. Much the same way that if I have on black, leather chaps, it doesn't make me a biker. Intelligent people are working hard to keep vaping an affordable alternative while dimwits are making it harder. Makes me wonder if we could have an interview process and application before you are sold vape gear as if you were buying a gun.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
So you'd be okay as a nonvaper sitting enjoying a baseball game, having somebody blowing clouds of vapor obstructing your view? I have enough common courtesy that I wouldn't even consider vaping at an event unless I took a quick pull and held it in.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
There are and will always be some people that are rude and inconsiderate. That's not a vaping thing, it's a life thing. It took years for people to understand that if you smoked, you're not a bad person. Much the same way that if I have on black, leather chaps, it doesn't make me a biker. Intelligent people are working hard to keep vaping an affordable alternative while dimwits are making it harder. Makes me wonder if we could have an interview process and application before you are sold vape gear as if you were buying a gun.
Yep
Agreed

But in light of how things are going elsewhere, a vape lounge at a ball park is likely to help raise awareness. It's also a good sign that that area has likely okay ed it politically considering it's a Philadelphia Phillies minor league team staudium.

Tapatyped

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Petco Park makes vapers leave the entire ballpark to vape, just like smokers.
This is something that truly outrages me.

I agree with you for the most part that this is still a bunch of crap.
But I also have to say that it sure makes Reading suck a lot less in my eyes.

Sad how far I've fallen.
:(

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So you'd be okay as a nonvaper sitting enjoying a baseball game, having somebody blowing clouds of vapor obstructing your view?
Nobody says you should be allowed to do that.
But there is certainly a middle ground between that and being exiled.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Nobody says you should be allowed to do that.
But there is certainly a middle ground between that and being exiled.
I hear you, but I guess I just don't see it like that. Places have a smoking section, now there's vaping sections. I know vapor isn't harmful, but it's still a big cloud that nobody will want it their face.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I hear you, but I guess I just don't see it like that. Places have a smoking section, now there's vaping sections. I know vapor isn't harmful, but it's still a big cloud that nobody will want it their face.
I dunno

I get this response pretty often...

And I don't even go to 96th street....

:shrug:

Tapatyped

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I dunno

I get this response pretty often...

And I don't even go to 96th street....

:shrug:

Tapatyped

Lol! I would agree, but you always have those people. I don't want to smell your fruit, or cake, or whatever. People suck, ends of story.

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
This is why I understand,
I was sitting in a restaurant and vaping. I was there a good 30 minutes and No one said anything to me. Then 5 guys came in and sat down at a table next to me and after they ordered their food, They all 5 pulled out mods and started to have their own little cloud chasing comp. Within a few minutes I had trouble seeing them 5 guys

Ive never seen people blowing clouds in stores or restraunts, especially not 5 at once. It seems so crazy that people would actually do that and hard to believe people actually do that. I would think out of the million+ people in my area I would run into something like, but nope and it makes me happy that the vapors in my area are generally respectful.

RebornLincoln06

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
Grapevine, TX
So you'd be okay as a nonvaper sitting enjoying a baseball game, having somebody blowing clouds of vapor obstructing your view? I have enough common courtesy that I wouldn't even consider vaping at an event unless I took a quick pull and held it in.

This. It allows an environment where people can blow their big clouds and not bother others. While I do agree that common courtesy would be better, this gives us an opportunity to vape in an environment where we KNOW we aren't offending anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread