Basics for Newbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmcgloth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Sandy,or
I think it depends on what you are rebuilding. I would suggest watching superxdrifter's video on building micro coils for an rm2. It is somewhere in the massive microcoil thread. This translates well to other builds. Scubatadan made a good one also. 28-30 ga kanthal or nichrome is a good starting point, wrapped around a 1/16" drill bit. Get a multimeter to you can test resistance between the posts before firing. Don't forget to test the internal resistance of your multimeter and subtract that from your coil reading. If you are concerned with safety, don't go to extremes, like sub ohm coils or large gauge wire. 1.8to 2 ohms performs well on most equipment, and is safe enough for nearly any battery. Seven or eight wraps of 30 is well within that safe zone. Position the coil so it isn't touching anything.
There is a lot of great info here in this forum, and lots of helpful, knowledgeable people. For more specifics, let us know what you are building on. Good luck!

skotsour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Thanks for the reply. For starters, I have an AGA-s on the way and a couple of DID clones, though after doing a bit more looking around, I'm looking forward to the AGA-s more than the DID clones. I'm looking to keep it as simple as possible and I have watched a few videos that I could find that dealt with the AGA. I'm looking at the smaller rebuldables specifically to use in a MicroStick that is on order and itt won't fit anything bigger in diameter than 16mm. Simple as possible is what I'm after and of course awesome vapor and taste. Maybe a bit further down the line, I'll get into the crazier stuff, but right now 1.5-1.8 ohms is what I'm after...

EDIT: I have my eyes on the Spheroid, but availability and price have me looking at cheaper options until I'm a bit more comfortable rebuilding and can save a bit to get something sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread