Status
Not open for further replies.

freddo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
i just gave my 2 1/2 week old DSE901 atomizer a bath. All i did was fill the sink up with warm water and sucked through the battery end of my e cig like a straw lol. I pushed the water back through and repeated the process. Filled it up with water, shook it a little and some black looking burn;t e liquid came out. I dried off with a hairdryer and it now works as good as new. Best atomizer so far. Other than cleaning it the one time, i have done nothing to it, never emptied out the atomizer/let it drain. WAHOO

freddo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
i think sometimes they get to a point where they can never improve, you just got to catch them at the right time and i spoe...get lucky lol. I went through about 3 janty atomizers, IMO i think they are very fragile, in about 3 weeks. So i moved onto a dse901 and had no problems. What do you smoke?

Lochstar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2008
MN, USA
I'm terrible at remembering to clean them... usually only after I've been flavor experimenting and want to get rid of a residual flavor before trying something new. Still, I have all 4 of my original 901 and classic atomizers working... I think the lack of cleaning somehow seems to keep them in a functional stasis. That or I'm just that lucky. Wish it was that way with batteries too but God bless USB.

I just filled mine like a cup with pure water, shook it a while, then blew out the gunk from the battery end.
I think i need to start useing the hairdryer after, but it always works great, whenever it starts to lessen the smoke output.
I had one that was real bad, and i used alcohol that way, it cleaned out all the thick gunk.

I've been holding mine over a boiling kettle a few times, to catch the steam.

It seems to do the trick. I shake out the moisture, and let it sit with the cartridge end down.

Once it's dried, I bang a battery into it and it goes fine. All I need to do is drip some liquid into it, and it doesn't take long to pick up the flavour again.

About the worst thing that has happened, is that I've used metal tongs to hold it over the steam, and some of the paint has flaked where the tongs have contacted. I use something else now.

Dale

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
Mt. Baldy, CA USA
I haven't been at this long enough to have amassed much experience, but I did boil my atomizers recently - two 901s and a super-mini - and they worked good-as-new after. My regimen:

1. Dry-smoke a few puffs after removing a cart before using a new one to clear the atomizer.

2. Blow into the battery end and drain the atomizers onto a napkin at night. Yes, I know, this is liquid lost, but cest la vie.

3. When the above stops resulting in a satisfactory vaping experience, boil the little suckers, allow to cool, blow out the excess water and drain onto a napkin.

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Alcohol seems to do a good job, I agree. Ive made my own alcohol cleaner. i got a little de-soldering tool (kinda like an enema bulb) I soak the atomizer first in some alcohol and then stick it in the bulb battery side in and use it to gently draw alcohol in and out. Always works better after this treatment. I don't think a penstyle atomizer would fit, i've got the DSE901

I just filled mine like a cup with pure water, shook it a while, then blew out the gunk from the battery end.
I think i need to start useing the hairdryer after, but it always works great, whenever it starts to lessen the smoke output.
I had one that was real bad, and i used alcohol that way, it cleaned out all the thick gunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread