Batteries Acting Funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjujju

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
USA
Ok, I'm really confused. All my batteries are no older than Feb 4, 2010. The newest two arrived here on March 24, 2010. This is happening with ALL of my 510 batteries, and there are eight of them in varying ages.

Somewhat suddenly, I noticed that when my batteries come off the charger, they will NOT work (manual) no LED, no power to atty. So I screw them back into the charger. Light on charger turns red again. LED on battery flashes to acknowledge charging. If I immediately unscrew the battery, 9 times out of 10, it will then work.

Is my charger doing something odd to my batteries?

They also seem to be fully charged (by the light indicator) a little too quickly, and they die fast. I just used one I took off the charger and 20 min later it was flashing to say it was dead. This was one of the newest ones (arrived March 24).

The charger I am using is one of the 10-hole multichargers. What is going on?! I know batteries eventually hold less charged and ultimately die a final death, but... this is odd behavior in my opinion. Oh yeah, the battery connections and the charger "ports" or whatever you call them HAVE been cleaned.

jjujju

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
USA
Wait about 10 seconds after you take the battery off of the charger, and then see if it will work. I know that on some of the 510 batteries (like the eGo for example), the controlling electronics won't switch over from "charging" mode to "power delivery" mode immediately.

Hmmm, the waiting does seem to help... thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread