Batteries and/or battery charger isnt working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaae Lynn

Oct 25, 2019
Hi, im generally new to vaping, ive had my UWELL Crown 4 vape for almost a year now and ive used it off and on. Last night I went to charge the batteries (i use a battery charger that glows white when its charging and glows blue when its done) but only one of the lights (theres 2 lights) glowed blue and the other didnt glow at all so i just thought the light went out on it so i left them to charge for a while. I come back about 4 or 5 hours later and i put the batteries back into my vape and it wont even turn on, any suggestions as to what it could be? 1571985104862773163852.jpg
1571985104862773163852.jpg

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
You could try putting the battery that didn't seem to charge into the slot that appears to be working. If that works, it indicates that the second slot on the charger is at fault. If it doesn't, there's probably a problem with the battery.

Actually, it looks like there's a problem with both batteries. I'm not familiar with the brand name, so they're either rewraps or produced by a non-mainstream manufacturer. That means that the CDR is likely inaccurate, making it impossible to use them safely. When you replace them (and I'd suggest doing that as soon as possible), it's best to pick batteries from Mooch's (our resident battery guru) list of recommended batteries and to buy them from one of the vendors he recommends (vendors are in the blue section of the chart):

Mooch's List

Baditude, another member, has compiled a useful primer on batteries and related safety issues:

Battery Basics

I think there's some guidance there on chargers as well, but feel free to ask here if you have any questions about finding a quality replacement charger.

Good luck!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Possibilities:

1: those are mislabeled garbage rewrap batteries. There’s no telling what their actual stats are. One may have just died. They shouldn’t be sold to anyone. You bought shanzhai.

2: you may have put one battery in the charger backwards in which case it never charged to begin with. For a vape to work both batteries have to be equally charged so it not working at all makes a lot of sense.

I suggest following the instructions of previous posters.

Reactions: Opinionated

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
They are listed as 40A 3500mah. They are 100% inaccurate.
I agree with @Zaryk . Those are lousy 3rd rate batteries. There are no 18650 batteries made that have more than 30A or more than 3000 mAh.

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping

I don't know your location or your access to quality batteries or chargers, but I strongly suggest that you attempt to buy a quality charger and batteries. What you have been using is essentually junk.

Guide to Choosing a Li-ion Battery Charger
Are You Using a Rewrap (Rebranded or Aftermarket) Battery?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread