Status
Not open for further replies.

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
I got some panasonic 18650s, and slapped them in my charger. When it said they were done I tossed them in my VAMO and checked the battery voltage, it read 4.1v this bothered me because Amazon said they were 3.6v batteries. The same charger also charged these ultrafire 18350s to 4.1 volts. Am I doing something wrong?

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
No. You aren't doing anything wrong. Here is some good reading for you. For a more complete understanding of batteries, check out some of the other links at Battery U.
Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries
I will check that out, thanks.

That's a safe max charge on a 3.6/3.7 volt rechargeable. You don't want to go over 4.25.
That's a normal end-charge voltage for Li-On batteries. 4.2v is considered ideal but 4.1 is fine.
What charger are you using?
That is good to know, thank you.
I linked all of the gear I'm using in my original post.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Missed the charger link. Some times you get more clear looking link info than other times, depending on the page source it's coming from. (Don't over think that. lol You'll see with more link posting as you go.)

Nitecore is fine. But I suggest checking batteries just like you did with Nitecore chargers, at least initially to make sure the charger is ok. Older Nitecore chargers had some "issues" but the current models seem to be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread