Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Ive bought bats from ebay once. soon as I began regularly using them they began doing strange things.
I was using them in an unregulated mech mod. They routinely would not fire when they metered full charge.
I would put them on the charger and they would say full charge, but would not fire.
If I could get one to work, I'd use it till it got low, put it on the charger and it would say full charge.
I contacted the ebay vendor to tell him that I was using them in e-cigs and he asked me to return them.

so please be careful with ebay vendors for batteries. our e-cigs have HIGH drain loads.
you cannot afford to buy batteries from some ....... thats selling old batteries to people that buy for their remotes. It can be dangerous. But, if you can contact the seller and tell him what you are using them for, if hes a decent person, he'll send you good batteries. My 2cents.

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
Any input on the kits and batteries on eBay? The prices seem too good to be true.:confused:

That's a good question. But just to be on the safe side, I only order from vendors that are well known and have an established reputation of the positive variety. To me, at least, paying an extra buck or three here and there is worth the peace of mind. I have seen them on ebay though, and wondered the same thing.

jdubba

May 4, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
That's a good question. But just to be on the safe side, I only order from vendors that are well known and have an established reputation of the positive variety. To me, at least, paying an extra buck or three here and there is worth the peace of mind. I have seen them on ebay though, and wondered the same thing.

This. Being new, I worry enough about the battery safety issue without having to add on the extra worry of unknown/unreliable sources.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Don't be fooled by - Buy from a reputable Vender. At least one REPUTABLE Vender sells EH batteries(JUNK!!)

Don't pass up a decent deal off Ebay on a name brand battery from an in country supplier out of fearful opinions.
Picked up several decent batteries from Venders/Ebay/Amazon this year. Fasttech is also working to build a strong reputation is you can wait on shipping.
Even under the best of circumstance's you can get a Dud.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
How long does it usually take to get them? I saw the panasonics there.

Mine took ten days from order being placed to mailbox. I ordered some panasonic ncr18650pd's and already had cgr18650ch's, I get a few more hours out of my PD's. Just in case anyone was interested in those batteries.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Any input on the kits and batteries on eBay? The prices seem too good to be true.:confused:

There is an Old Saying...

"If Something is Too Good To Be True. It Probably Is."

I have had Extremely Bad Experiences with buying Batteries on e-Bay. Rewrapped Batteries from sellers who know less about Batteries than I do.

I'll spend a Dollar Two Ninety Eight more and buy my Rechargeable from Someone like Super T who has a Great Track Record.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Be wary of where you get batteries from. I have been bitten by the bait and switch from a vendor. I paid top dollar for a premium brand name battery and when I opened the mailorder package I discovered I was sent knockoffs because there was no manufacturers logo on them and thats the dead giveaway you recieved knockoffs. If you've used brand name batteries then you will notice the differences in quality, holding charge and vaping power of a knockoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread