Batteries that could charge in seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Oklahoma City, Ok. U.S.A
that sounds awesome but if they dont degrade and die over time they will be super expensive. But then again it would be a one time purchase I guess and would save you money from buying tons and tons of batts over time. But still Im afraid to see a price tag on these :(

I had this exact thought when I first heard about 2 and 10 year light bulbs, figured for sure they'd hit the shelves at 300$ a pop..... now days you can get them as cheap as normal ones and pretty soon "normal" lightbulbs wont even be made anymore, phased out by 2012 I believe.

tech is getting cheaper every day. The OCZ NIA headband input device sells for less than 200 dollars. I wouldnt be surprised if these new batteries are only a dollar or two a piece.

Excellent article. Batteries that don't degrade and charge incredibly fast. It just keeps getting better.

This would be great for e-cigs, but the broader implications are much more profound.

Battery technology like this will free us from foreign oil. We have enough coal to power us for centuries. The problem with using it in more applications is the inability to store electricity in an efficient manner. If these batteries do not degrade, and can be produced cheaply, this could be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread