Batteries That Work in the Nemesis Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

nettles4349

Aug 11, 2013
New Jersey
I recently got a Nemesis clone mechanical mod for my birthday (and I also own a VAMO V3 APV). While I have two red V1 Efest IMR 3.7V 800mAh 18350 batteries and one black V2 Efest IMR 3.7V 2200mAh battery (both have been working great on both mods), I'm looking to get a few more batteries as back up. While browsing I came across the Purple Efest 30A IMR 2100 mAh 3.7V 18650 battery and would like to know it would work or cause any problems in my Nemesis - or with the VAMO (although I'm mainly concerned with how it will work with the Nemesis clone.) Any input would be very helpful. Thank you!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
IMR seems to be the recommended type.

PROTECTED or IMR BATTERY: ​Which is best for your application?

IMR Li Mn. Lithium manganese batteries. Also called "high drain", "safe chemistry", "unprotected".

These are used in regulated mods that use buck boost circuitry to achieve variable voltage-wattage, but they are now also recommended for single voltage mechanical mods as a safer alternative to protected Li Ion batteries. Why High Drain Batteries?

This class will have less capacity in mAh rating compared to protected batteries, but are superior when maximum load current is required, such as in regulated mods, mechanical mods using a Kick, or using an RBA.

​Hybrid batteries.

New mixed chemistry batteries that are both safe chemistry/high drain and extended capacity in one.

​A good choice for applications that demand both maximum load current and longer battery time. Can be used for either mechanical or regulated mods.

Protected ICR Li Ion. Lithium ion class batteries, also called "protected batteries".

These batteries use a built-in protective circuit because they contain volatile chemistry that can become unstable quickly when they are severely stressed. Circuit failure can lead to battery failure, venting violently with flame in an event called thermal runaway. These batteries have a higher capacity (mAh rating) than IMR batteries and have been used in single voltage applications in a mechanical mod with factory-built coils. Not recommended for regulated mods, RBAs, or use in a mechanical using a Kick.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I have the purple Efest in 18350, 18500 and 18,650 35A version. I also have a couple of VTC4 and VTC5 on hand. I use the standard stuff in my Vamo v5 with 10A batteries but got the higher amp batteries when I got a Lambo 6 but now also have 3 HCigar Nemesis mods in copper, stainless and brass. I also use a couple of kick2 on them as well.

I also have one MNKE 18650 IMR 1500 mAh battery though I don't use it often in the Nemesis I do in the Lambo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread