Status
Not open for further replies.

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
I just picked up a TFV4 (the full size kit). I'm using it on an iStick TC60W. Right now, I'm using the the TF-T3 triple coil head at .22 ohms. It takes all 60 watts to get a good vape, which I knew before I bought the tank. I plan to get a 200 watt box mod soon. Until I do, an I okay using the batteries I have with this tank? I might go to the RBA head after this first tank of juice because the guy at the shop said I could run it around 20-30 watts. I'll put the specs of my batteries below. Thanks in advance for any help.
One of the batteries is an Efest IMR 18650 3.7v 3,000 mAh and says 35A discharge current.

The next is
LG Rechargeable 18650-HG2 3000mAh Batteries
Size: 18650 (18mm diameter / 65mm length)
Type: Li-Mn/Li-ion / Hybrid IMR
Rated Capacity: 3000mAh (High Drain)
Part Nr: LGDBHG21865
Full charge Voltage: 4.2V
Rechargeable: Yes
Style: Flat Top
Maximum Discharge (pulse): 20A
Storage Voltage: 3.6V
Charging Voltage: 4.2V
Diameter: 18.0 +/- 0.5mm
Height: 65.0 +/- 0.5mm

Last, I couldn't find specs for this one, but I believe it is a Samsung. It has J5F8 48Q41 printed on it and M9E5 in another place. And a sticker that reads IMR 18650 2500 mAh 3.7v but I don't see a discharge current anywhere.

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
although you might want to check out steam engine calculator and click the battery drain tab to make sure
Thanks, I will check it out. I'm not as worried about it with this rba now. It's reading .71 ohms at 35 watts. I just didn't like pushing the mod at is max output. I'll still look that up, though. Sounds like some good info.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Don't do 60w with that Efest. Some of them are 20 amp batteries (which can just about do 60w), others are 10 amp batteries (which means that 30w is maximum if you want to stay safe). I recommend boycotting Efest because they're lying scumbags who put their customers at risk. Regarding the Samsung battery, I don't know. Would need more information. It might be safe, or not.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: greasegizzard

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
Don't do 60w with that Efest. Some of them are 20 amp batteries (which can just about do 60w), others are 10 amp batteries (which means that 30w is maximum if you want to stay safe). I recommend boycotting Efest because they're lying scumbags who put their customers at risk. Regarding the Samsung battery, I don't know. Would need more information. It might be safe, or not.

you can go a bit higher with 20 amp batteries

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
60w / 3.2v = 18.75 amps. Account for device inefficiency and you're at between 19.5 and 21 amps.

And what about when your batteries are at more realistic voltage? for instance a fully charged battery uses over 4 less amps than that completely dead battery of yours.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
And what about when your batteries are at more realistic voltage? for instance a fully charged battery uses over 4 less amps than that completely dead battery of yours.
Sure, but then you need to watch your battery voltage so you don't go too low. If I want to use the whole range of the device I prefer to get batteries that are appropriate for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread