The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Batteries to use with TFV4

Discussion in 'Sub-Ohm' started by greasegizzard, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. greasegizzard

greasegizzard Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2015
    Arkansas
    I just picked up a TFV4 (the full size kit). I'm using it on an iStick TC60W. Right now, I'm using the the TF-T3 triple coil head at .22 ohms. It takes all 60 watts to get a good vape, which I knew before I bought the tank. I plan to get a 200 watt box mod soon. Until I do, an I okay using the batteries I have with this tank? I might go to the RBA head after this first tank of juice because the guy at the shop said I could run it around 20-30 watts. I'll put the specs of my batteries below. Thanks in advance for any help.
    One of the batteries is an Efest IMR 18650 3.7v 3,000 mAh and says 35A discharge current.

The next is
    LG Rechargeable 18650-HG2 3000mAh Batteries
    Size: 18650 (18mm diameter / 65mm length)
    Type: Li-Mn/Li-ion / Hybrid IMR
    Rated Capacity: 3000mAh (High Drain)
    Part Nr: LGDBHG21865
    Full charge Voltage: 4.2V
    Rechargeable: Yes
    Style: Flat Top
    Maximum Discharge (pulse): 20A
    Storage Voltage: 3.6V
    Charging Voltage: 4.2V
    Diameter: 18.0 +/- 0.5mm
    Height: 65.0 +/- 0.5mm

Last, I couldn't find specs for this one, but I believe it is a Samsung. It has J5F8 48Q41 printed on it and M9E5 in another place. And a sticker that reads IMR 18650 2500 mAh 3.7v but I don't see a discharge current anywhere.

2. greasegizzard

Dec 29, 2015
    Arkansas
    Sorry if I put this in the wrong place. I can move it if I need to.

3. coilburner

coilburner Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2015
    yea those lgs are more than fine. BTW that 20 amp discharge is continuous not pulse.

• Like Like x 1
  4. greasegizzard

Dec 29, 2015
    Arkansas
    Thanks for the reply. I figured they would be okay. I bought them locally, and not of the internet. Can't be too sure, though.

5. coilburner

Jul 3, 2015
    although you might want to check out steam engine calculator and click the battery drain tab to make sure

• Like Like x 1
  6. greasegizzard

Dec 29, 2015
    Arkansas
    Thanks, I will check it out. I'm not as worried about it with this rba now. It's reading .71 ohms at 35 watts. I just didn't like pushing the mod at is max output. I'll still look that up, though. Sounds like some good info.

7. KenD

KenD Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Don't do 60w with that Efest. Some of them are 20 amp batteries (which can just about do 60w), others are 10 amp batteries (which means that 30w is maximum if you want to stay safe). I recommend boycotting Efest because they're lying scumbags who put their customers at risk. Regarding the Samsung battery, I don't know. Would need more information. It might be safe, or not.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. greasegizzard

Dec 29, 2015
    Arkansas
    Okay. Thanks for the info. Is there a way to test them and be for sure what they are? I just rewicked the rba, hopefully it won't leak now. I'm pretty happy with it running at 30 watts.

9. Robert Cromwell

Robert Cromwell Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Some of those Efest batteries are grossly overrated. That 35 amp efest might be one that is actually a 10 amp battery.
    Go with the HG2. A good battery.

10. coilburner

Jul 3, 2015
    you can go a bit higher with 20 amp batteries

11. KenD

Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    60w / 3.2v = 18.75 amps. Account for device inefficiency and you're at between 19.5 and 21 amps.

• Like Like x 2
  12. coilburner

Jul 3, 2015
    And what about when your batteries are at more realistic voltage? for instance a fully charged battery uses over 4 less amps than that completely dead battery of yours.

13. KenD

Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Sure, but then you need to watch your battery voltage so you don't go too low. If I want to use the whole range of the device I prefer to get batteries that are appropriate for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.