Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzypeg

Oct 30, 2008
Hi. I have an e mini ciggie which I've been using for one week. I have two batteries which I charge alternately. I have just changed the battery to a fully charged one, as the other was flashing to indicate the battery was flat, and the charged up battery which I screwed in isn't working. I plugged it back into the charger, just to double check and the light is green. I took it out and tried again, but the end of the ciggie is still flashing. Are the batteries only supposed to last for one week before they pack up? :( Thanks.

well this girl thought she might have had the same problem but what she was doing was trying to use a spent cartridge. She would end up taking a really long drag that would cause the battery to flash 10 times (it was yelling at her for taking too long of a drag and not cause the battery was dead). Try replacing the cartridge and see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion Pixie, just tried a new cartridge, still no luck. :(

Damn was worth a shot, hope you get it fixed. May she ask what eCig you have and how many times the batteries flash each time?

901 Special Note
1) To avoice frequent usage of the product, once smoke it for 16 times within one minute, the indicator light will continuously flash ten times (about four seconds) for reminding.
2) If every time the user inhales more than five seconds, the light will continuously flash 10 times (about four seconds) tips do not affect normal use
3) If the indicator light will continuously flash for 30 times (about nine seconds), please replace the battery component with a fully charged.

BadSeed

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
Arbroath, UK
Hi. I have pillboxes e mini starter kit. The light flashes 3 times when I try to inhale, (on what appears to be a 'green' full charge.) I don't know what else I can do. The batteries still aren't charging. Anyone know where I can buy the cheapest replacement mini battery from? I'm running out of cash.

You should have a month's warranty on the parts I think, so you should be able to get replacements free.

Grumpysanta

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2008
Essex, England
Ok, Instructions say batteries need to be charged for 8 hours for the first time and 3 to 4 hours each time thereafter - rubbish. I charge my batteries at least 8 hours each time and so far my batteries are still lasting a day a time. You bought from Pillbox and he's a decent chap so if your batteries are faulty I'm sure he will change them if they are still in warranty. Not sure why you say this is costing too much as the starter kits are excellent value for money. I'm currently spending 1/2 to a 1/3 of what I was spending on analog.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
some simple e cig battery information..

your e cig is powered by a small lithium-ion cell..

lithium technology is a fragile battery technology.. its easily damaged..

the battery is around 130 mah... its rated at 3.6 volts but in reality the charger takes it up to 4.2 volts.. fresh off charge its 4.2 volts..

the battery has charge/discharge protection circuits built into it... these are there to prevent the battery being damaged.. either by being overcharged or run down too flat..

the charging process is fully automated.. when the charger takes the battery up to the 4.2 volts max it switches the charge off..

when the puffing takes the battery down to 2.7 volts it switches off..

this is all fully automated and the user has no control over it...

the other thing to note is because of peoples desire to have e cigs that look like real cigs... the batteries used to power the devices are are too small.. because of this they will have a very short life if they are given all day and very day use..

they dont just fail... they simply fade away with the run time getting shorter with each recharge.. the time taken for them to become useless varies with the type of use they get..

classic/pen batteries being a little larger will live for longer than the smaller mini type ones..

believe what the sellers tell u about these things or believe what i have just told u.. its up to u..

trog

SuziQ

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Nr London, UK
I have had two batteries for about 10 days that came with my black mini starter kit and another I bought a week ago. Yesterday morning, I took a battery off the charger that I had had on there overnight, and the thing was as dead as a dodo. This morning...fresh battery, which lasted an hour before it started flashing. Put it on the charger and the light went straight to red. Not that pleased, considering I only have one now that hasn't started mucking about (this one is probably the newest one). I wouldn't mind so much, but I have alternated all three, so it isn't as if they have each been used constantly for the past 10 days as such. This is crap!!!!:mad:

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
I have had two batteries for about 10 days that came with my black mini starter kit and another I bought a week ago. Yesterday morning, I took a battery off the charger that I had had on there overnight, and the thing was as dead as a dodo. This morning...fresh battery, which lasted an hour before it started flashing. Put it on the charger and the light went straight to red. Not that pleased, considering I only have one now that hasn't started mucking about (this one is probably the newest one). I wouldn't mind so much, but I have alternated all three, so it isn't as if they have each been used constantly for the past 10 days as such. This is crap!!!!:mad:
welcome to the wonderful world of ecigs SuziQ...you better get used to it...;)

contact your supplier and ask for replacement batteries ASAP.

SuziQ

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Nr London, UK
they dont just fail... they simply fade away with the run time getting shorter with each recharge.. the time taken for them to become useless varies with the type of use they get..

the battery that I mentioned in the post below did just that before I put it on the charger. I'm very new to this, so thought it is what they did when discharged. I guess there must have been something faulty with it.

SuziQ

SuziQ

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Nr London, UK
welcome to the wonderful world of ecigs SuziQ...you better get used to it...;)

contact your supplier and ask for replacement batteries ASAP.

I contacted him yesterday by email, but no reply yet.
From being here, I am getting the idea that this is something I need to factor in. I need dozens of batteries and atomisers. Batteries are about 9 quid each, so could get expensive.
I work everything out as the cost of packets of fags, lol. If I look at it that way, it seems easier to swallow.

SuziQ

SuziQ

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Nr London, UK
well unfortunately ecig batteries are tiny,and a lot is asked of them for their size...they lose power quickly...thats just the way it is...

Yes, and to a large extent, I am getting that into my head - especially after this morning's revelations with the other battery. There are ongoing costs with the parts, I get that now, but until it starts happening, you can read about it and it doesn't seem to mean much....learning curve :rolleyes:

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
Yes, and to a large extent, I am getting that into my head - especially after this morning's revelations with the other battery. There are ongoing costs with the parts, I get that now, but until it starts happening, you can read about it and it doesn't seem to mean much....learning curve :rolleyes:
for me,the batteries are the biggest pain in the ... with esmoking...and the biggest expense...i really hope that changes soon...it bloody needs to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread